X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Week 10 Game Thread

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
    Didn't expect this at all.

50-40 Adams up now, 12 minutes to play. It seems they are using their 2nd and 3rd QBs, Rooney hurt?
    Rooney did not play. Buksa was killing the Mavs, but then he got hurt. But even their 3rd stringer has found gaping space in the Mav secondary. Again, poor coaching.

Comment

What happened to defenses in the conference this year, that's what I want to know. Why does no one care about not giving up 40+ points a game, seems this year more so than others. Perhaps it just feels that way but what a crazy year for offenses.

Comment

What happened to defenses in the conference this year, that's what I want to know. Why does no one care about not giving up 40+ points a game, seems this year more so than others. Perhaps it just feels that way but what a crazy year for offenses.
        Crazy. And very unacceptable. Can't go anywhere in the playoffs without a defense.

Comment

57-57 in Grand Junction, 40 seconds left.

Comment

43 seconds left, now tied at 57 :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Overtime, lol

Comment

Adams, 744 yards of offense, Mesa 529

Comment

Mesa 64
                  A ams 63

Yikes.

Comment

Adams runs a dumb play to go for two, fumble the ball. Mavs win in OT 64-63, nuts.

Comment

Good observation. You can look back over the past 3-5 years and kinda see a trend that's been building in the way the game is played... like a track meet. I kind of started seeing it with Western New Mexico and Colorado Mines, several years back, but then it went to Mesa, then Black Hills and SD Mines, now Adams. Now everybody except maybe Pueblo, Western, and Fort Lewis have several games a year like that.

Can't quite put my finger on it. Have to wonder if maybe defensive coaches are starting to cave a little when it comes to hurry-up, spread, etc. Like maybe rather than gameplan for specific tendencies, personnel, and play calls, they're letting the kids just react more and perhaps that's not always feasible for kids at this level. IDK, just thinking out loud here.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                        Good observation. You can look back over the past 3-5 years and kinda see a trend that's been building in the way the game is played... like a track meet. I kind of started seeing it with Western New Mexico and Colorado Mines, several years back, but then it went to Mesa, then Black Hills and SD Mines, now Adams. Now everybody except maybe Pueblo, Western, and Fort Lewis have several games a year like that.

Can't quite put my finger on it. Have to wonder if maybe defensive coaches are starting to cave a little when it comes to hurry-up, spread, etc. Like maybe rather than gameplan for specific tendencies, personnel, and play calls, they're letting the kids just react more and perhaps that's not always feasible for kids at this level. IDK, just thinking out loud here.
                        Games from yesterday have not hit the stats yet but as of now 7 teams in the conference are averaging 30+ a game, 9 are giving up 30+ a game and Mines is trending well towards becoming #10 with their recent efforts on the defensive side of the ball. Pueblo is allowing what should be around 12 points per game after yesterday and basically lead the conference in every defensive stat. I don't expect every team to suddenly be Pueblo, but it's curious that the trend being followed is that of teams which have not had any postseason success, or really much success in the conference. Why aren't teams trying to replicate, if even on a smaller scale, the Pueblos of the world?

2018 - 7 teams scoring 30+, 9 allowing 30+
                        2017 - 6 teams scoring 30+, 5 allowing 30+
                        2016 - 4 teams scoring 30+, 5 allowing 30+
                        2015 - 6 teams scoring 30+, 5 allowing 30+
                        2014 - 5 teams scoring 30+, 6 allowing 30+

Not huge differences, beyond 9 teams giving up 30+ this year, but I think if you increased from 30 to 40 it might be more drastic. In 2014 no one averaged scoring over 40 a game, nearly 5 teams are currently there or within 1-2 points of it. Are offenses improving then or are the defenses (outside of Pueblo) just not nearly as emphasized, or perhaps not as heavily recruited?
                        Last edited by Turbonium; 11-04-2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Games from yesterday have not hit the stats yet but as of now 7 teams in the conference are averaging 30+ a game, 9 are giving up 30+ a game and Mines is trending well towards becoming #10 with their recent efforts on the defensive side of the ball. Pueblo is allowing what should be around 12 points per game after yesterday and basically lead the conference in every defensive stat. I don't expect every team to suddenly be Pueblo, but it's curious that the trend being followed is that of teams which have not had any postseason success, or really much success in the conference. Why aren't teams trying to replicate, if even on a smaller scale, the Pueblos of the world?

2018 - 7 teams scoring 30+, 9 allowing 30+
                          2017 - 6 teams scoring 30+, 5 allowing 30+
                          2016 - 4 teams scoring 30+, 5 allowing 30+
                          2015 - 6 teams scoring 30+, 5 allowing 30+
                          2014 - 5 teams scoring 30+, 6 allowing 30+

Not huge differences, beyond 9 teams giving up 30+ this year, but I think if you increased from 30 to 40 it might be more drastic. In 2014 no one averaged scoring over 40 a game, nearly 5 teams are currently there or within 1-2 points of it. Are offenses improving then or are the defenses (outside of Pueblo) just not nearly as emphasized, or perhaps not as heavily recruited?
                          I blame the defensive coordinators.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X