Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

CSU Pueblo is the only team in the RMAC that has a chance to win a national title in any given year. This year I would say its very good odds.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
      CSU Pueblo is the only team in the RMAC that has a chance to win a national title in any given year. This year I would say its very good odds.
      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
        Why?
        You know better.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          You know better.
          Sprinkles and an elevation just shy of 5K?

Comment

Sprinkles and an elevation just shy of 5K?
            Hey man, it's just like Flo from Progressive says, "Sprinkles are for winners."

Comment

Why?
              None of the other teams rarely make the playoffs and when they do win a game. Sure Pueblo lost to Mines this year then went on the road and beat the defending national champions who were ranked number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                None of the other teams rarely make the playoffs and when they do win a game. Sure Pueblo lost to Mines this year then went on the road and beat the defending national champions who were ranked number 1.
                "Yabba dabba do" - Fred Flintstone

UMD
                MSU Mankato
                Midwestern
                CWU
                TAMUC

All of these teams have been in the playoffs the last two years, and are in the top 8 this year. So I am still not sure what you are saying.

Comment

"Yabba dabba do" - Fred Flintstone

UMD
                  MSU Mankato
                  Midwestern
                  CWU
                  TAMUC

All of these teams have been in the playoffs the last two years, and are in the top 8 this year. So I am still not sure what you are saying.
                  I think Eeyore is limiting his comments to the RMAC. Besides Pueblo, Mines won a playoff game last year and Chadron I think has won one before and maybe Kearney did when they were in the conference, but other than that it's been slim pickings for RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                    I think Eeyore is limiting his comments to the RMAC. Besides Pueblo, Mines won a playoff game last year and Chadron I think has won one before and maybe Kearney did when they were in the conference, but other than that it's been slim pickings for RMAC.
                    So I went and looked at the record book. Below are the NCAA playoff wins by RMAC school.

Colorado Mesa: 2000
                    Colorado Mines: 2004, 2016
                    Chadron State: 2006, 2007, 2008
                    Nebraska Kearney: 2009
                    CSU Pueblo: 2012, 2014(4 wins, National Champs), 2015(2 wins)

Comment

Here's the link to the source: https://rmacsports.org/documents/201...ecord_Book.pdf

Comment

I can understand that, however that does not increase CSUP's chances of winning a playoff game.

Comment

[QUOTE=MinnequaFats;2306876]I think Eeyore is limiting his comments to the RMAC. Besides Pueblo, Mines won a playoff game last year and Chadron I think has won one before and maybe Kearney did when they were in the conference, but other than that it's been slim pickings for RMAC.[/QUOTE

It really doesn't make much difference, but it was 2 years ago that Mines won their first round game.

Comment

[QUOTE=togthorn;2306896]
                            I think Eeyore is limiting his comments to the RMAC. Besides Pueblo, Mines won a playoff game last year and Chadron I think has won one before and maybe Kearney did when they were in the conference, but other than that it's been slim pickings for RMAC.[/QUOTE

It really doesn't make much difference, but it was 2 years ago that Mines won their first round game.
                            So I went and looked at the record book. Below are the NCAA playoff wins by RMAC school.

Colorado Mesa: 2000
                            Colorado Mines: 2004, 2016
                            Chadron State: 2006, 2007, 2008
                            Nebraska Kearney: 2009
                            CSU Pueblo: 2012, 2014(4 wins, National Champs), 2015(2 wins)
                            You are correct. I have looked it up https://rmacsports.org/documents/201...ecord_Book.pdf

Comment

I can understand that, however that does not increase CSUP's chances of winning a playoff game.
                              Agree to disagree on that point but, on the other hand, the chances are improved by a soul crushing defense (the key to post season success!) and an offense that has steadily improved with its new offensive system including 3 quality quarterbacks and 5 running backs who can get the job done. In Pueblo "norm" is to make it to the playoffs, the expectation is to go deep into them and the hope is the NC.

If we can just make it past Western! :bulgy-eyes:
                              Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
                                Agree to disagree on that point but, on the other hand, the chances are improved by a soul crushing defense (the key to post season success!) and an offense that has steadily improved with its new offensive system including 3 quality quarterbacks and 5 running backs who can get the job done. In Pueblo "norm" is to make it to the playoffs, the expectation is to go deep into them and the hope is the NC.

If we can just make it past Western! :bulgy-eyes:
                                Past history of RMAC teams and the playoffs would have no bearing on CSUP chances of winning a playoff game. Pretty simple. One thing that increases CSUP's chances of winning a playoff game is actually making the playoffs. So, beating Western, as you point out, is a good start. Your remaining points on defense (soul crushing?) is definitely a plus, as is the groud the ground philosophy. I think if your QB has to win the game, CSUP is in trouble.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X