6 Tex. A&M-Commerce 6-2 8-2
    7 MSU Texas 6-2 7-2
    8 Central Wash. 7-1 8-1
    9 Azusa Pacific 7-2 7-2
    10 Chadron St. 7-2 7-2

Barring upset, looks like Pack at Nerds, Part 2

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/footba...ional-rankings

Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

Other big question is does Azusa vs CWU winner jump MSU Texas for 7 spot, or does the GNAC winner need West Texas to save their playoff bacon?

Comment

We'll see if they leave it at 2 conference games the first round.

Comment

Don't see anyway around RMAC v RMAC without someone losing. CWU in at 7 could remove LSC vs LSC, assuming you keep Tarleton at 2.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
          Don't see anyway around RMAC v RMAC without someone losing. CWU in at 7 could remove LSC vs LSC, assuming you keep Tarleton at 2.
          There is a simple way to avoid it, it's called human input.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            There is a simple way to avoid it, it's called human input.
            But do you really put Mines (or CSUP) ahead of an undefeated team? I suppose jumping CWU up to 5 solves that, but seems odd to me. I know they want to avoid conference match-ups in the first round, but 2018 seems to be shaking out in a way to make it unavoidable. Unless of course we can get Chadron and WTAMU to step up and bail the committee out. Side note. How awful will Chadron feel if they win and end up at 8 and missing the playoffs due to A ams loss?

Comment

Barring any upsets, I think this is how it finishes:

1 Minnesota St.
              2 Tarleton St.
              3 Minn. Duluth
              4 Colo. Sch. Of Mines
              5 Tex. A&M-Commerce
              6 Colorado St.-Pueblo
              7 Central Wash.

They'd prefer not to have intra-conference in the first round, so I think they will push CSUP lower. Plus, this would make for some interesting match-ups. I believe Midwestern will be left out, basically screwing themselves with 10 D2 games.

But, we've also seen upsets the last week before, so it could get crazy too.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                But do you really put Mines (or CSUP) ahead of an undefeated team? I suppose jumping CWU up to 5 solves that, but seems odd to me. I know they want to avoid conference match-ups in the first round, but 2018 seems to be shaking out in a way to make it unavoidable. Unless of course we can get Chadron and WTAMU to step up and bail the committee out. Side note. How awful will Chadron feel if they win and end up at 8 and missing the playoffs due to A ams loss?
                If it doesn't change home/away much then yes, I'm not going to drop Duluth to 5th but 3rd to 4th and avoiding 2 conference match-ups in round 1 can happen if they want. You could also drop Mines to 6 and slide a team up. Angelo could easily knock Commerce off if they show up to play. Honestly, Chadron gets killed by any of the SR4 teams currently in the top 7 so they might not feel too bad (Mines excluded as we are about to find out about if they get back to being for real). Chadron @ Duluth would be embarrassing, no offense to Chadron but they are not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                  Barring any upsets, I think this is how it finishes:

1 Minnesota St.
                  2 Tarleton St.
                  3 Minn. Duluth
                  4 Colo. Sch. Of Mines
                  5 Tex. A&M-Commerce
                  6 Colorado St.-Pueblo
                  7 Central Wash.

They'd prefer not to have intra-conference in the first round, so I think they will push CSUP lower. Plus, this would make for some interesting match-ups. I believe Midwestern will be left out, basically screwing themselves with 10 D2 games.

But, we've also seen upsets the last week before, so it could get crazy too.
                  This isn't possible, they'd have to switch Pueblo and Commerce.

Comment

^ Forgot about CSUP H-H over Commerce, so....

Comment

Agreed. 2 loss Commerce ahead of 1 loss Pueblo, when 1 of the 2 Commerce losses was to Pueblo? 1st round conference games be damned. I will scream to the high heavens if they do that. And I doubt I will be alone.

Comment

Yep, so you are right, maybe they swap Mines and Duluth, but that would be a shocker if UMD is undefeated.

Comment

Yep, so you are right, maybe they swap Mines and Duluth, but that would be a shocker if UMD is undefeated.
                          Agreed, it's that or 2 first round conference games barring any big upsets. Guess we will see what they decide to do here in 6 days.

Comment

Maybe Duluth at 2, Tarleton 3, Mines 4, CWU 5, CSUP 6, and Commerce 7. Basically push the only 2-loss team to last spot, somewhat penalize Tarleton for 10 games, and gift CWU the 5-spot to help with schedules. That probably makes much more sense overall.

Comment

Maybe Duluth at 2, Tarleton 3, Mines 4, CWU 5, CSUP 6, and Commerce 7. Basically push the only 2-loss team to last spot, somewhat penalize Tarleton for 10 games, and gift CWU the 5-spot to help with schedules. That probably makes much more sense overall.
                              I'd like to see CSUP at Tarleton, could be very interesting. CWU at Mines would be a good game as well. Decent travel all the way around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X