Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Super Region 4 Ranking 11/5

I think Pueblo can make a deep run if the defense keeps playing like they have been (and no 70+ yard Mayberry runs in any Mines rematch) and Edwards is enough of a passing threat to open up the run game, and limit turnovers. Oh and everyone behaves themselves on the damn bus rides so no more suspensions!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
      Hmm. Seems like a fellow named Bonner wasn't much of a running threat either. Did pretty well for all that!
      Bonner didn't play in the current offense, that was 3 OCs ago. If they want to have RPO be a big part of the offense you need a mobile QB. You need a QB to fit your current system...

Comment

Already dealt with Commerce, or did you notice?
        My point with this was that TAMUC and W FLA had no playoff experience prior to their runs.

Comment

CSUP's offense has been erratic this season -- but it hasn't been bad. In fact it's been very good at times. Attribute most of the inconsistent play to the fact that every player on the offense line is new. All the starting OLs and TEs graduated last year; at least seven of them. This year CSUP is starting three redshirt freshman; one at Tackle, one at Guard and the other at Center. The other Tackle was at New Mexico State and the other guard largely rode the pine. What's more, two of the best TEs, additional blockers, also graduated. Preston Guerra, the new TE, another young player, has been pretty solid. I kinda like it when Guerra runs the wildcat offense. He's a big physical QB disguised as a TE. Some would argue that the offense has been pretty good give the youth and inexperience along the O-line.

Comment

Required? I didn't say that. Just that "having been there" helps. Common knowledge in D2, D1 and the pros as well.
            Yeah, all of those experienced teams last year didn't get that message. Harding had prior playoff experience but had never been to a regional final. They got their and won that. So the final four last year had three teams with limited playoff experience, and IUP, which had not gotten that far in forever.

I will give you that having playoff experience has some merit in this regard. Being a good team has much more merit.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
              My point with this was that TAMUC and W FLA had no playoff experience prior to their runs.
              I know that. Of course I know that. Didn't say it was a requirement anyway, just that it helps. I just like mentioning that win over Commerce. :smile-big:
              Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Yeah, all of those experienced teams last year didn't get that message. Harding had prior playoff experience but had never been to a regional final. They got their and won that. So the final four last year had three teams with limited playoff experience, and IUP, which had not gotten that far in forever.

I will give you that having playoff experience has some merit in this regard. Being a good team has much more merit.
                Well, yeah!
                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Wouldn't CSU Pueblo be better off if all of the teams they've played that are ranked in the regional won their last game? Including Mines?

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
                    Wouldn't CSU Pueblo be better off if all of the teams they've played that are ranked in the regional won their last game? Including Mines?
                    If Mines loses Pueblo would host a first round game.

Comment

Commerce had Bowl Games in '13 and '14, lost in the first round of POs to Ferris in 15, beat Mesa in the PO opener in 16 and lost to GVSU in Michigan in the 2nd round before running the table in '17.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                        If Mines loses Pueblo would host a first round game.
                        If Mines loses they are done for the year.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                          If Mines loses they are done for the year.
                          Well that too.

Comment

I know that. Of course I know that. Didn't say it was a requirement anyway, just that it helps. I just like mentioning that win over Commerce. :smile-big:
                            I think Commerce would love another shot at CSUP. That was prior to a QB change that made the offense quite a bit better (although still not great), and we turned the ball over 5 times and only lost by 10 in a monsoon. Not taking anything away from CSUP, theyre a good team, but that was not the same Lions team we've seen as of late, and the turnovers were very out of character (2 of which were fumbled kickoff returns close to our own endzone). Would be a good game.

Comment

No playoff experience? We had been in the playoffs the prior two years before the natty...

EDIT: sorry, Jake already answered

Comment

Originally posted by LionFan View Post
                                I think Commerce would love another shot at CSUP. That was prior to a QB change that made the offense quite a bit better (although still not great), and we turned the ball over 5 times and only lost by 10 in a monsoon. Not taking anything away from CSUP, theyre a good team, but that was not the same Lions team we've seen as of late, and the turnovers were very out of character (2 of which were fumbled kickoff returns close to our own endzone). Would be a good game.
                                I don't think Pueblo at all minds that match-up, at home, with a now healthy backfield. I do like the mention of it being in a monsoon, pretty sure both teams dealt with the same weather. Pueblo saw both QBs play in Commerce and honestly neither are something they haven't seen 2-3 times in other games this season. Doesn't look like that's a likely match-up anyways though. Plus, depending on which Angelo team shows up tomorrow...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X