Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=togthorn;n437125]

Mines also have to contend with Colorado, Colorado State and Air Force. They have been getting more media attention this year I do believe. Channel 9 have been showing clips at least on their early broadcasts. It used to be they wouldn't even say the score.
    Last edited by TexasDigger; 11-03-2019, 06:59 PM.

Comment

Sounds like he has adjusted just fine to Div. II sports.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

The Mines coaches were up front about all of this, how it is Academics first, second and third on the priority list but damn. Just something I will get used to.
        Absolutely no reason Mines should not have this crowd all the time. This is alumni, family, and friends. I was there. It's a great facility, campus, and city.

Funny, though. As Mines' success has become more expected, the novelty has worn off. After so many years of dismal results, crowds started coming back in the 2000's. But, other than the Broncos, Colorado is just a tough place to attract crowds. Very frustrating.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marv Kay 800.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	437302

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Absolutely no reason Mines should not have this crowd all the time. This is alumni, family, and friends. I was there. It's a great facility, campus, and city.

Funny, though. As Mines' success has become more expected, the novelty has worn off. After so many years of dismal results, crowds started coming back in the 2000's. But, other than the Broncos, Colorado is just a tough place to attract crowds. Very frustrating.
          Don't forget about the Avs, their sellout streak was impressive. Of course not football, and they had immediate success with the Stanley Cup, but still that sellout streak lasted an impressive amount of time.

Comment

Pueblo's attendance has gotten the attention of the authorities. They're now going to enforce the "no backpacks" rule.
            https://gothunderwolves.com/news/201...ic-events.aspx
            Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Don't forget about the Avs, their sellout streak was impressive. Of course not football, and they had immediate success with the Stanley Cup, but still that sellout streak lasted an impressive amount of time.
              Last edited by TexasDigger; 10-16-2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

They're the NHL team in Colorado. Full name Colorado Avalanche, abbreviated term is the Avs. They moved to Denver in the summer of 1995 from Quebec City and have won the Stanley Cup in 1996 and 2001. They were the first Colorado franchise to win a championship- two years before the Broncos.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	Marv Kay 800.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	437302
                  You're forgetting about the Rockies. They still have the record for highest baseball attendance in 1993 at Mile High. They still do well at Coors too.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

They're the NHL team in Colorado. Full name Colorado Avalanche, abbreviated term is the Avs. They moved to Denver in the summer of 1995 from Quebec City and have won the Stanley Cup in 1996 and 2001. They were the first Colorado franchise to win a championship- two years before the Broncos.
                    They are looking very good to start the 2019-2020 season as well, nice to see them rebuilding so well.

Comment

They are looking very good to start the 2019-2020 season as well, nice to see them rebuilding so well.
                      Yea, 5-0 is great. I liked their offseason a lot picking up Kadri, Burakovski and Donskl. Excited to watch them tomorrow night at Pittsburgh since its on NBC Sports and not blacked out Altitude.

Comment

As much as I like hockey and the Av's, lets get back to football and stay on topic about attendance. Yes, when a team does well over time, the attendance drops off. Unless you have a waiting list to buy tickets. And keep excitement in the game. The passing game is exciting for its explosiveness. Mines did well with this over the past few years. Pueblo has the run first pass second attitude, but draws well from the local fan base. But the fan numbers actually at the game are slowly decreasing. Pueblo shows tickets sold for attendance. So pueblo can show over 7,000 on the books for big games! But look at the seats being warmed by bodies. East side has lots of empty seats at the game!

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

Yea, 5-0 is great. I liked their offseason a lot picking up Kadri, Burakovski and Donskl. Excited to watch them tomorrow night at Pittsburgh since its on NBC Sports and not blacked out Altitude.
                          You can find and stream every game through Reddit for free so you know. Just search Reddit NHL streams and you'll find every game every night.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                            As much as I like hockey and the Av's, lets get back to football and stay on topic about attendance. Yes, when a team does well over time, the attendance drops off. Unless you have a waiting list to buy tickets. And keep excitement in the game. The passing game is exciting for its explosiveness. Mines did well with this over the past few years. Pueblo has the run first pass second attitude, but draws well from the local fan base. But the fan numbers actually at the game are slowly decreasing. Pueblo shows tickets sold for attendance. So pueblo can show over 7,000 on the books for big games! But look at the seats being warmed by bodies. East side has lots of empty seats at the game!
                            What's to discuss beyond what's been said? Attendance at most D2 schools sucks. Very few consistently have respectable crowds, some people think Pueblo is one of those, I disagree.

Comment

You can find and stream every game through Reddit for free so you know. Just search Reddit NHL streams and you'll find every game every night.
                              I used to do that. I just worry about malware. Guess, I need to buy a VPN.

Comment

What's to discuss beyond what's been said? Attendance at most D2 schools sucks. Very few consistently have respectable crowds, some people think Pueblo is one of those, I disagree.
                                On the coach's show last night he said he'd like to see a regular 10k at the home games. Don't know if that's realistic but something to shoot for.
                                Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X