Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=GWolf;n437902]

Last edited by TexasDigger; 11-03-2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

In the 'you learn something new every day department' . . . . I did not realize that CSUP's enrollment was so small (4500 students). I was under the mistaken thought that Mines was one of the smallest schools in the RMAC. I'm learning that is not even close be being true.
      Fourth-largest among football schools according to Wikipedia. Will be third after Dixie State leaves.

Comment

In the 'you learn something new every day department' . . . . I did not realize that CSUP's enrollment was so small (4500 students). I was under the mistaken thought that Mines was one of the smallest schools in the RMAC. I'm learning that is not even close be being true.
        U.S News has Western's enrollment at 2600. I think that's slightly smaller than Adams making it the lowest of the football RMAC schools.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Fourth-largest among football schools according to Wikipedia. Will be third after Dixie State leaves.

I find that Mesa has higher enrollment . . . who else besides Dixie?

Comment

I find that Mesa has higher enrollment . . . who else besides Dixie?
            Pueblo has a slightly larger undergrad enrollment.

EDIT: I should clarify. My statement about Mines being fourth was based on the RMAC article, but I realized those numbers are outdated. After seeing that the figures in the individual articles didn't match, I checked US News, which has CSUP at 6736 and Mines at 6268.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Pueblo has a slightly larger undergrad enrollment.

EDIT: I should clarify. My statement about Mines being fourth was based on the RMAC article, but I realized those numbers are outdated. After seeing that the figures in the individual articles didn't match, I checked US News, which has CSUP at 6736 and Mines at 6268.
              Not according to their own website .... https://www.csupueblo.edu/about/fast-facts.html .... regardless, I was/am surprised that Mines is one of the bigger school (by enrollment) in the RMAC. That's all I was trying to get across.

Comment

Week 7 RMAC Attendance

1. Colorado State Pueblo (vs Mesa) 7,007
                2. Chadron State (vs Texas Permian Basin) 3,250
                3. Colorado Mines (vs Fort Lewis) 3,122
                4. Western State (vs Dixie State) 1,232
                5. Adams State (vs South Dakota Mines) 1,200
                6. New Mexico Highlands (vs Black Hills State) 525

Weekly Average

1. Colorado State Pueblo 7,270 (3 games)
                2. Dixie State 4,193 (3 games)
                3. Colorado Mesa 3,303 (4 games)
                4. Chadron State 2,302 (4 games)
                5. Colorado Mines 2,248 (4 games)
                6. Western State 1,483 (3 games)
                7. South Dakota Mines 1,417 (3 games)
                8. Fort Lewis 1,382 (3 games)
                9. Black Hills State 1,348 (4 games)
                10. Adams State 1,115 (4 games)
                11. New Mexico Highlands 551 (4 games)
                Last edited by sportsvine; 10-25-2019, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Pueblo and Grand Junction are the two best situated schools to have the support of the local community and have it significantly impact attendance. They are in "larger" cities without much competition from anything else. While Mines is in a suburb of Denver, they have to compete with so much within Denver. And frankly, Colorado isn't a huge college athletics supporting state anyway. I used to joke that when CU won the national champion ship in '90 (was it '91?) they not only didn't lead the nightly news, they didn't even lead the sports section of the news (Broncos news is always first). Mines also attracts a lot of its student population from out of state, and also internationally, making it significantly less likely that they care about the sports programs.

But, no one goes to a D2 football program because they plan to get to play in front of tens of thousands of fans. They just get to keep playing. Sometimes in front of crowds larger than they saw in high school, sometimes not. I have great memories of playing in front of big crowds (in high school, lol) but the things I remember and miss happened off the field with my team mates. All these kids still get those moments!

Comment

AMEN.
                    Last edited by TexasDigger; 11-03-2019, 07:01 PM.

Comment

If Pueblo had 4000 human beings at the game with Mesa, I would be surprised. It's questionable how these teams count "attendance". But, I guess it doesn't specify physical attendance.

Comment

Hmm, it looks well over 4k skimming through highlights but I didn't take the time to count, just based on what 6k usually looks like it doesn't look far off from the usual attendance.

Comment

According to the RMAC weekly release, here are home attendance averages (no idea if it's more accurate...)

CSUP -- 2,423
                          Dixie -- 1,398
                          Mesa -- 853
                          Chadron -- 576
                          CO Mines -- 562
                          Western -- 494
                          SD Mines -- 472
                          Ft. Lewis -- 461
                          Black Hills -- 337
                          Adams -- 279
                          NMHU --138

Comment

Pueblo's is off by about 4000 so I'm going to say not too accurate lol.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post
                              According to the RMAC weekly release, here are home attendance averages (no idea if it's more accurate...)

CSUP -- 2,423
                              Dixie -- 1,398
                              Mesa -- 853
                              Chadron -- 576
                              CO Mines -- 562
                              Western -- 494
                              SD Mines -- 472
                              Ft. Lewis -- 461
                              Black Hills -- 337
                              Adams -- 279
                              NMHU --138
                              https://rmacsports.org/documents/201...LL.pdf?id=8313

Comment

LOL, those are the same, but I divided by the number of games... assuming they were total attendance rather than already averaged... lol

so, my bad LOLOLOL

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X