Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSUP at Chadron

Lets get this game going! Chadron's "D" gave up a lot of yards to Black Hills. CSUP "D" gave up a few yards to Dixie. Chadron "O" looked ok against Black Hills. CSUP "O" looked good against Dixie. Chadron needs an almost perfect game at home in front of a home crowd. CSUP needs to start fast, score a lot and quiet the home fans early. Just don't think Chadron's "D" is up to the task asked of them to stop CSUP's "O". CSUP's "D" looked strong again against the future FCS school Dixie St.

It's just nice to see Chadron fans with some amount of hope this year, it's been awhile.

I don't think they are yet back to that extent though, especially after watching them against BH..BUT they very well could've spent more time preparing for Pueblo and overlooked BH. Preparing for Pueblo might have drastically changed after the way they were able to throw the ball around though. I don't see Chadron's secondary being better than Dixie so that will be a big test. If they don't stack the box then one of the Pueblo backs is going to have a big day, I'd guess Penick due to his athleticism.

I think Pueblo is able to contain the Chadron offense and wear down their defense and pull away as the game goes on. They have to show up and get the job done though or they will be in a closer game than they want to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      It's just nice to see Chadron fans with some amount of hope this year, it's been awhile.

I don't think they are yet back to that extent though, especially after watching them against BH..BUT they very well could've spent more time preparing for Pueblo and overlooked BH. Preparing for Pueblo might have drastically changed after the way they were able to throw the ball around though. I don't see Chadron's secondary being better than Dixie so that will be a big test. If they don't stack the box then one of the Pueblo backs is going to have a big day, I'd guess Penick due to his athleticism.

I think Pueblo is able to contain the Chadron offense and wear down their defense and pull away as the game goes on. They have to show up and get the job done though or they will be in a closer game than they want to be in.
      Pack by 3 TD's.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardNoggin View Post

Pack by 3 TD's.
        I hope you are right!

Comment

I'll be able to attend, planning on busting the camera back out for this one even.

Comment

Rapid City Journal Article -
            https://rapidcityjournal.com/communi...653d24ead.html

Comment

Chadron fans very quiet, of all years I thought this one would see them with some confidence.

Headed to Chadron in the morning.

Comment

Comment

Nah, it's great fun to watch. Especially in years of hope.

Comment

I said in the other thread that Long coached a bad game, and here, I'll say why. Going into the game, you have to know that, that team is going to score close to 40 points. That is a given. So, therefore, you need to score points yourself. So, on Chadron's first possession, Chadron moving the ball nicely, and end up with a 4th and 3 from the CSUP 34 yardline. And they punt! Now, I understand the rationale, of pinning them deep and I understand that you don't expect your punter to shank one sideways, but still, punting in this situation is the wrong choice, considering that you are going to need to score many points to win. Anyway, your defense is actually playing well, and keeping Chadron in it early, and then Chadron has a 4th and maybe 10 inches from their own 39 yardline. I understand that normally you never go for a 1st down on your side of the 50. But... your defense, at this point has been on the field A TON, and is probably very tired. All you need is just a few inches, keep your defense off the field longer, and instead, you punt. Finally, on 4th and a 1/2 yard, you line up in the shotgun. I thought Chris Stein was outta here for using ridiculous formations (and too many Statue of Liberties). Anytime you ever have a 4th and less than a yard, NEVER line up in shotgun. Always go under center, call a run play, but give the qb the freedom to sneak it if he sees a hole he thinks he can go into.

Anyway, I am generally the type that prefers an aggressive style of playcalling, and Long's style tends to be too conservative for my tastes. That is my 2 cents, and I am entitled to that opinion, and I am not afraid to voice my opinions regardless of what other people might say or think.

Finally, I will say that CSUP, in the 2nd half, had the ball in almost identical situation as Chadron early in the game. 4th and 3 from Chadron 34 yard line. CSUP was up by 22, I believe and they go for it (instead of punting). Now, I understand that someone might make the argument that CSUP can afford to go for it because they had the big lead. But, I can counter that argument with this.... Chadron's offense was gaining momentum at that time, having scored 2 touchdowns, and was trying to get back in the game. If CSUP fails on that 4th down, Chadron gets the ball back, and get another touchdown, then, you have a competitive game. So, really, going for the 1st down took guts.... something that Wristen has and Long doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                      I said in the other thread that Long coached a bad game, and here, I'll say why. Going into the game, you have to know that, that team is going to score close to 40 points. That is a given. So, therefore, you need to score points yourself. So, on Chadron's first possession, Chadron moving the ball nicely, and end up with a 4th and 3 from the CSUP 34 yardline. And they punt! Now, I understand the rationale, of pinning them deep and I understand that you don't expect your punter to shank one sideways, but still, punting in this situation is the wrong choice, considering that you are going to need to score many points to win. Anyway, your defense is actually playing well, and keeping Chadron in it early, and then Chadron has a 4th and maybe 10 inches from their own 39 yardline. I understand that normally you never go for a 1st down on your side of the 50. But... your defense, at this point has been on the field A TON, and is probably very tired. All you need is just a few inches, keep your defense off the field longer, and instead, you punt. Finally, on 4th and a 1/2 yard, you line up in the shotgun. I thought Chris Stein was outta here for using ridiculous formations (and too many Statue of Liberties). Anytime you ever have a 4th and less than a yard, NEVER line up in shotgun. Always go under center, call a run play, but give the qb the freedom to sneak it if he sees a hole he thinks he can go into.

Anyway, I am generally the type that prefers an aggressive style of playcalling, and Long's style tends to be too conservative for my tastes. That is my 2 cents, and I am entitled to that opinion, and I am not afraid to voice my opinions regardless of what other people might say or think.

Finally, I will say that CSUP, in the 2nd half, had the ball in almost identical situation as Chadron early in the game. 4th and 3 from Chadron 34 yard line. CSUP was up by 22, I believe and they go for it (instead of punting). Now, I understand that someone might make the argument that CSUP can afford to go for it because they had the big lead. But, I can counter that argument with this.... Chadron's offense was gaining momentum at that time, having scored 2 touchdowns, and was trying to get back in the game. If CSUP fails on that 4th down, Chadron gets the ball back, and get another touchdown, then, you have a competitive game. So, really, going for the 1st down took guts.... something that Wristen has and Long doesn't.
                      Don't get into coaching, keep that teaching job on the rez.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Defense, a team can actually focus on defense you know....keep the other team from scoring, control the pace, limit the other teams possessions.
                        I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Defense, a team can actually focus on defense you know....keep the other team from scoring, control the pace, limit the other teams possessions.
                          I have great respect for Chadron while also enjoying getting their fans riled up (shocking huh) but at the end of the day Pueblo was simply better. Chadron is at a great disadvantage when it comes to recruiting in comparison. They do a tremendous job with what they have to work with, they do some really nice things offensively. Their defense was not going to stop Pueblo, they simply don't have the guys to do it.

A very down Mesa team just put up 37 on the hounds though, take that defense and controlling pace back to ENMU. Had to get my poke in at ya. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I have great respect for Chadron while also enjoying getting their fans riled up (shocking huh) but at the end of the day Pueblo was simply better. Chadron is at a great disadvantage when it comes to recruiting in comparison. They do a tremendous job with what they have to work with, they do some really nice things offensively. Their defense was not going to stop Pueblo, they simply don't have the guys to do it.

A very down Mesa team just put up 37 on the hounds though, take that defense and controlling pace back to ENMU. Had to get my poke in at ya. ;)
                            Oh i get ya alright! I just hate that folks don't value an entire other half of the game, defense really does win championships!

Go read my post in the LSC forum. Eastern had the game well in hand in the third, had held Mesa to less than 200 yards offense and was starting to pile it on,but bouncing the snaps on a shield style punt formation is never a good thing....did it all night and mesa got to 2 of them. Next week they better get their crap together or its going to be ugly, commerce has much better athletes.
                            I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post

Oh i get ya alright! I just hate that folks don't value an entire other half of the game, defense really does win championships!

Go read my post in the LSC forum. Eastern had the game well in hand in the third, had held Mesa to less than 200 yards offense and was starting to pile it on,but bouncing the snaps on a shield style punt formation is never a good thing....did it all night and mesa got to 2 of them. Next week they better get their crap together or its going to be ugly, commerce has much better athletes.
                              Don't sweat Commerce. They'll overlook you thinking about coming to Pueblo the following week! :laugh:
                              Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X