Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

Thanks everyone... been following along for the last half of season and finally decided it was time to get involved. The players held a team meeting just a bit a go hopefully I can get some more info on what took place.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerfan1026 View Post
      Thanks everyone... been following along for the last half of season and finally decided it was time to get involved. The players held a team meeting just a bit a go hopefully I can get some more info on what took place.
      Welcome to the forum, sorry not under ideal circumstances! I know everything is Pueblo dominated here but really only due to a lack of members from other schools so tell anyone else interested in Dixie football to sign on up. The only reason I didn't think more seriously about blogging on the RMAC is due to lack of schools represented here. The conference is improving and deserves more attention.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
        Any coaching changes yet? Any jobs open up outside the RMAC that might pull talent out of the conference? Safe to assume Western and Black Hills are sticking with their guys, if they're still on the staff directories at this point?
        I don't anticipate any additional changes to the BHSU Coaching staff. But then Coach Eastburn is still listed as OC on the staff directory. And he's been gone for 3 weeks. So who knows...

Comment

Originally posted by BHSU Jacket Fan View Post
          I don't anticipate any additional changes to the BHSU Coaching staff. But then Coach Eastburn is still listed as OC on the staff directory. And he's been gone for 3 weeks. So who knows...
          7-4? Unacceptable, you're fired! 3-8? This is fine. Everything's fine.

Comment

I retired to StG a couple years ago but haven't attended any games. I keep up with the team either on the 'net or in the local newspaper. Facilities have been upgraded, new building started on campus - a beautiful place, btw - and the town and whole area is nice. Lacks a few amenities but pretty certain those will be addressed as the area grows - and it's growin' like crazy!

Secondly, it seems to me the firings were premeditated. The AD must have someone already in mind and ready to take over. If not, how the h*** are they supposed to recruit? There's a former BIG name coach who lives here now and I wonder if he may be the guy. HS ball is very good and one is headed to the finals this weekend...again. Maybe their coach is the guy.

Just throwin' out some thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
              I retired to StG a couple years ago but haven't attended any games. I keep up with the team either on the 'net or in the local newspaper. Facilities have been upgraded, new building started on campus - a beautiful place, btw - and the town and whole area is nice. Lacks a few amenities but pretty certain those will be addressed as the area grows - and it's growin' like crazy!

Secondly, it seems to me the firings were premeditated. The AD must have someone already in mind and ready to take over. If not, how the h*** are they supposed to recruit? There's a former BIG name coach who lives here now and I wonder if he may be the guy. HS ball is very good and one is headed to the finals this weekend...again. Maybe their coach is the guy.

I have heard similar things regarding the coach search.... the team is going to have around 30 transfers from what I have heard. Most of the freshman are going to leave and a lot of their big name returners are looking for new spots, evident by them following multiple new programs on Twitter. I fear this decision might set this program back 3-4 years.

Comment

I have heard similar things regarding the coach search.... the team is going to have around 30 transfers from what I have heard. Most of the freshman are going to leave and a lot of their big name returners are looking for new spots, evident by them following multiple new programs on Twitter. I fear this decision might set this program back 3-4 years.
                Who is this big name coach? Is it such a big name that the kids would want to stay and play for him? Do they know who it is and don't care and want out anyway? Is it a big name that they feel is the person to take them to FCS?

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                  Who is this big name coach? Is it such a big name that the kids would want to stay and play for him? Do they know who it is and don't care and want out anyway? Is it a big name that they feel is the person to take them to FCS?
                  No name but has been in the news this season and coachin', P/T I believe, at a local HS. I don't want to start any rumors, but he might be a guy who could make a lot of kids stay. I just don't know.

Comment

No name but has been in the news this season and coachin', P/T I believe, at a local HS. I don't want to start any rumors, but he might be a guy who could make a lot of kids stay. I just don't know.
                    sounds like Gary Crowton

Comment

Beyond recruiting I don't understand what incentives a school like Black Hills or Western would really have to fire their coaches. They'd still be paying them until the end of the year most likely and it's not as if they have winter practices. I could be wrong, but I would guess around Christmas time things being more active.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Pony View Post
                        sounds like Gary Crowton
                        That is what I have heard as well. Looking at his track record it alarms me just a bit. Yeah he has experience at major programs and professional experience as well, but he does not stay in one place very long. I could see this coach coming in having a few bad years and getting out like it seems he has done everywhere he has been. I hope the athletic department has a good plan because if they do go D1 you would want your football program winning.

Comment

...because if they do go D1 you would want your football program winning.
                          Then they shoulda kept McClure. He was on the right track. Continuity is important to players, fans and supporters. I would think it's tough findin' a quality D-II HC who's comfortable at that level and wants to stay the course. jmo.

Comment

Pitino needs a job. Maybe if they offer him a motorcycle........

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                              Pitino needs a job. Maybe if they offer him a motorcycle........
                              But how do the former volleyball players stack up in Dixie? Petrino is gonna want the full package.

Comment

But how do the former volleyball players stack up in Dixie? Petrino is gonna want the full package.
                                :laugh:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X