Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

Welcome to the Board, Blazerfan!

How did the community meetings regarding going FCS go? I think they had a couple of these early this month?

Comment

The meetings went well I think the town is ready for the move to d1. Football team is obviously not ready but most of the other sports seem primed for a smooth transition. In other news more guys announced they are transferring including two time captain and starting safety Mike Jones. Another big loss

Comment

Originally posted by Blazerfan1026 View Post
        The meetings went well I think the town is ready for the move to d1. Football team is obviously not ready but most of the other sports seem primed for a smooth transition. In other news more guys announced they are transferring including two time captain and starting safety Mike Jones. Another big loss
        I have a feeling next year will be Dixie's last in the RMAC/D2 and it's gonna be BAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
          I have a feeling next year will be Dixie's last in the RMAC/D2 and it's gonna be BAAAAAAAAAADDDDDD!!!
          So 2020 Rmac has 2 ooc games a year?
          I have fat thumbs sorry for typos!

Comment

Originally posted by Boohaha View Post
            So 2020 Rmac has 2 ooc games a year?
            The RMAC will indeed have 2 OOC games if Dixie takes a hike. That would be good provided other conferences schedule lowly RMAC OOC games.

Comment

That's just me assuming. All the rumors are that (and a lot of things pointing to) Dixie State is going D1. I know they are D2 next year at least. Not sure how fast the transition happens. I would love 2 OOC games a year and I would love to be able to have them all at the start of the year instead of trying to track down OOC opponents in Week 10 or 11 depending on when your conference off week occurs.

Comment

How so? I live here and have seen no indication StG is a D-I town. Early season games are f***in' hot! The airport's gonna close for months and the only recourse is 2 hours away in Las Vegas. Restaurants and shoppin' are marginal. It's gettin' more 'n more crowded every day. The average driver's age is approachin' triple digits. The few games (football and basketball) I've attended haven't been sell-outs; not even close to bein' crowded with students nor locals. Visitors would have to drive to Mesquite to pick up their tailgatin' supplies. :wink: I'm at a loss as to why the administration thinks this is a D-I town. Obviously an opinion. If anyone else can fill me in with some pluses, please do.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
                  How so? I live here and have seen no indication StG is a D-I town. Early season games are f***in' hot! The airport's gonna close for months and the only recourse is 2 hours away in Las Vegas. Restaurants and shoppin' are marginal. It's gettin' more 'n more crowded every day. The average driver's age is approachin' triple digits. The few games (football and basketball) I've attended haven't been sell-outs; not even close to bein' crowded with students nor locals. Visitors would have to drive to Mesquite to pick up their tailgatin' supplies. :wink: I'm at a loss as to why the administration thinks this is a D-I town. Obviously an opinion. If anyone else can fill me in with some pluses, please do.
                  Well, they'll show up on the ESPN ticker at least?

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                    The RMAC will indeed have 2 OOC games if Dixie takes a hike. That would be good provided other conferences schedule lowly RMAC OOC games.
                    I'm sure the 4 remnants of the GNAC will be all over scheduling RMAC teams, especially if the RMAC teams will agree to home and home deals.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                      Well, they'll show up on the ESPN ticker at least?
                      Half the time they're not even listed in the LV newspaper I pick up every Sunday at the grocery store. The local Spectrum is TP, unless you're interested in last week's game. :wink: Lovely town but not ready for prime time.

Comment

Comment

Southern Utah and Idaho State play in the Big Sky Conference. Where's Dixie State gonna play? The WAC? The WAC doesn't play football ... only NM State does, as an independent, at the FBS level. And the team is not very good. Football in the WAC is years away from happening, if ever. Dixie could do itself a favor by doing something good at the DII level before even thinking of moving up. The administration doesn't seem to know what it's doing. Exhibit #1. Firing a very good coach. Losing quality players who believe the program is heading in the wrong direction. Makes no sense.

Comment

You are obviously very misinformed which is okay but they would not play at the fbs level they would be an independent at the fcs level and play mostly big sky schools.

Comment

You are obviously very misinformed which is okay but they would not play at the fbs level they would be an independent at the fcs level and play mostly big sky schools.
                              Simply makes no sense, athletic budget is nowhere near where it needs to be but good luck. I'll look to UNC and say no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lobo View Post
                                Southern Utah and Idaho State play in the Big Sky Conference. Where's Dixie State gonna play? The WAC? The WAC doesn't play football ... only NM State does, as an independent, at the FBS level. And the team is not very good. Football in the WAC is years away from happening, if ever. Dixie could do itself a favor by doing something good at the DII level before even thinking of moving up. The administration doesn't seem to know what it's doing. Exhibit #1. Firing a very good coach. Losing quality players who believe the program is heading in the wrong direction. Makes no sense.
                                It is my understanding that the WAC wants to raid the Big Sky, pick up Dixie (maybe Mesa) and start sponsoring FCS football. I don't know that NMSU would drop down, I'm sure they could stay independent in FBS.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X