Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Monday

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
    Wow, that is what coordinators at DII make.
    MN publishes the salaries of all state employees. You can go online to find out what the coaches make at each school - Mankato, Duluth, SMSU, Winona, Concordia, Moorhead and Crookston.

I would bet most in the NSIC, dependin' on experience of course, make in the upper 30's to mid-40's.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      I would guess the Dixie salaries are not far off from the majority of D2 schools.
      Wages in StG are terrible. I would bet the coaches at DSU follow the norm here. I'll see what I can find out. I know someone who might give us some insight.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post
        MN publishes the salaries of all state employees. You can go online to find out what the coaches make at each school - Mankato, Duluth, SMSU, Winona, Concordia, Moorhead and Crookston.

I would bet most in the NSIC, dependin' on experience of course, make in the upper 30's to mid-40's.
        We have the same in Montana and Washington. I mention those because I am familiar with programs in both states. Last year, CWU had a coordinator that made $75M, and several assistants above $50M.

A point on Dixie moving up and not having the budget is that many of these schools get the budget to move up first. See NDSU, UND, SDSU and USD. Not so much at UNC. While they jumped up, they wer the lowest funding in the Big Sky.

Comment

You said they only played two non cons. They play three. You said they play one money game; that is not always the case. You were wrong. That is factual.

I admit to being a douche canoe. You don't. That is the difference.

As her Highness, your Queen Hillary, might exclaim, "At this point, what difference does it make?" Likewise, who gives a rats poop deck what the Big Sky Conference does or does not do. Dixie ain'a a part of the Big Sky Conference. And it don't add a chicken's giggle to even mention the Big Sky in relations to Dixie's questionable move to DI. The Big Sky will not be a sanctuary for an also ran, low level, former DII team pretending to be a DI program. The Big Sky ain't looking to expand last I checked.

Now then, if you want to admit being a douche canoe, that's on you. Now days, people "identify" as all kind of weird sh!t! Far be it from me to say ... :wink:
          Last edited by Lobo; 11-20-2018, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Just got off the phone with a guy on the East Coast who'd applied for a position coach job at DSU a couple years ago. Said the pay was in the mid 30's. 40's for coordinators. Said if they're thinkin' FCS, they'd better jump their budget up BIG time.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
              Saw this in the Greeley Tribune. These are the coaching salaries at UNC. I believe the total is about Dixie's entire FB budget for this year. Meaning, scholarships, meals, etc. will be MUCH more. And UNC is probably a lot lower than successful Big Sky schools.

It's a huge step to take to move to FCS....

TOTAL $687,302

Earnest Collins Head Coach $151,875
              Kyle Worden Video Coordinator $34,415
              Brandon Charles Director of Operations $45,184
              William Blevins Assistant Coach $43,179
              Brandon Maguire Assistant Coach $32,721
              Trevor Wilkre Assistant Coach $40,500
              Garrien Johnson Assistant Coach $32,721
              Jeremy Hayden Assistant Coach $33,130
              Ronnie Palmer Assistant Coach $50,304
              Michael Armour Assistant Coach $45,359
              Marty English Assistant Coach $66,620
              Keith Grable Assistant Coach $45,723
              Jon Boyer Assistant Coach $65,031
              He's been a FBS coach before, if I'm not mistaken - WY and CO State. $66K is squat.

Comment

I believe all states are required to do this, I know Colorado does.

Comment

I believe all states are required to do this, I know Colorado does.
                  But it's only state schools, I believe. How many are I don't know.

Comment

This is a good site for looking at athletic budgets.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

I get football expenses at Dixie of $1.3MM, UNC of $4.02MM, Montana State of $6.44MM, and EWU of $5.08MM

Of course Dixie would have to raise a bunch of money to make that move.

Comment

Dixie administrators might do themselves a favor by talking to folks in Greeley. Just a suggestion.

Comment

Well it's 63 scholarships instead of 36, flying instead of buses, higher coach's salaries. I just hope the WAC isn't selling Dixie a bill of goods in their desperation to survive as a conference.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                          Well it's 63 scholarships instead of 36, flying instead of buses, higher coach's salaries. I just hope the WAC isn't selling Dixie a bill of goods in their desperation to survive as a conference.
                          Eh. Can't say I care either way, they haven't been in the conference long enough to matter as far as leaving. Two OOC games is about perfect.

Comment

Eh. Can't say I care either way, they haven't been in the conference long enough to matter as far as leaving. Two OOC games is about perfect.
                            Agree 100% (about the extra OOC game, still hate someone getting screwed over). I think Coach Wristen and/or AD Plinske should get CWU's AD on the phone the minute Dixie withdraws about a multiyear home and home agreement.
                            Last edited by MinnequaFats; 11-20-2018, 06:08 PM.

Comment

This is a good site for looking at athletic budgets.

https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

I get football expenses at Dixie of $1.3MM, UNC of $4.02MM, Montana State of $6.44MM, and EWU of $5.08MM

Of course Dixie would have to raise a bunch of money to make that move.
                              Can you find Southern Utah U? Would be their closest competition and give us all an idea of what it would take for DSU to jump up. Thank you.

Comment

Can you find Southern Utah U? Would be their closest competition and give us all an idea of what it would take for DSU to jump up. Thank you.
                                $2.7MM for SUU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X