Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backpacks to back the Pack?

I've carried the same backpack to every home game and to many road games over the last ten years and it was never a problem entering the stadiums. This week Security stopped me at the gate. No backpacks allowed. I argued but to no avail. If you don't have a baby with you or valid medical reason no backpacks. Purses, fanny packs, tote bags? No probem. WTF?? When I asked if it had been announced anywhere they said it was a last minute decision. I ended up walking back up the hill to my car at the furthest south free parking area to deposit my bag, tucking the contents into my stadium seat for the long walk back. I"m in reasonably good shape for being 72 YO but what a pain!
    The question: Is this an NCAA, RMAC or local rule or is it the local rent-a-cops feeling their oats?
    Sprinkles are for winners!

I used to know of a guy that smuggled a whole 12 pack of beer into the game.

Comment

I PM'd CSU Pueblo Football on FB and got a quick response. Seems it was something the rent-a-cops did without consulting the athletics department or law enforcement. He assured me it would be handled and back packs will be allowed in future.

Comment

Next time bring some Dolly Madison donuts.. The scent throws the rent-a-cops off.

Comment

Just got another message from CSU-Pueblo Football on Facebook. No more backpacks at games.

https://gothunderwolves.com/news/201...ic-events.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post
            Just got another message from CSU-Pueblo Football on Facebook. No more backpacks at games.

https://gothunderwolves.com/news/201...ic-events.aspx
            I got the same message. Just tell security that you need the stuff in your backpack for medicinal needs. That should get you thru. Drunk in la junta learned this with his 12 pack. Works great at airports, and you get a great back rub at the airport when you say medicinal needs! Maybe security will rub your back for ya!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

I got the same message. Just tell security that you need the stuff in your backpack for medicinal needs. That should get you thru. Drunk in la junta learned this with his 12 pack. Works great at airports, and you get a great back rub at the airport when you say medicinal needs! Maybe security will rub your back for ya!
              It's really not a huge deal, just inconvenient to change right before a game without telling anyone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X