Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Citrus Stadium, where APU plays, is a Field Turf surface.

https://athletics.apu.edu/facilities/citrus-stadium/7
    Azuza has been both good (playoffs or a near miss) in several of their last few seasons. Thier DC is former Fort Lewis Head Coach Cesar Rivas. They have been ranked in several of the last few seasons as well, which makes them a good OOC game, especially for RMAC schools due to their location and the fact the weather is good if they play them there. They do have turf now.

It's tough to bank on what type of team they are going to be 2-3 years out when the OOC games are scheduled. They have a bad record this year, but most seasons in recent years they would have been an excellent OOC game. Mines should win this one going away, and as others have pointed out, hopefully no injuries.

Comment

Citrus Stadium, where APU plays, is a Field Turf surface.

https://athletics.apu.edu/facilities/citrus-stadium/7
      Good for them, and the players. The grass field was awful.

Comment

Comment

Hit the nail on the head.

Comment

Interesting take.
            Last edited by TexasDigger; 11-03-2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I'm glad Mines fans notice this, I've not really mentioned it much but this has been going on for years. I don't care about running up scores, padding stats is a bit silly though and eventually a major injury to a key guy is bound to happen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I'm glad Mines fans notice this, I've not really mentioned it much but this has been going on for years. I don't care about running up scores, padding stats is a bit silly though and eventually a major injury to a key guy is bound to happen.
                  I think this ties to the biggest parts of Mines football noteriety has been based on stats (2x Harlon Hill winners) and with a running back who is setting all of the career marks, I assume that mentality has taken over.

Mayberry's injury is an obvious reason to take important players out of the game once it is in hand. But as benchwarmer stated, guys need to be used to and able to play 4 quarters once they reach the playoffs, so it needs to happen during the season.

If Mayberry had stayed healthy and ran to a conference player of the year award, a finalist for the Harlon Hill, or other big awards, we'd all forget that he played a lot of meaningless snaps, just that he had yards and TD's. There are just a lot of moving parts and it's never an issue until it is. For Mines, it's now an issue. I'm not sure how badly Mayberry is hurt, but they have good subs and a very effective running game. Let's see where that gets them come November.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post

I think this ties to the biggest parts of Mines football noteriety has been based on stats (2x Harlon Hill winners) and with a running back who is setting all of the career marks, I assume that mentality has taken over.

Mayberry's injury is an obvious reason to take important players out of the game once it is in hand. But as benchwarmer stated, guys need to be used to and able to play 4 quarters once they reach the playoffs, so it needs to happen during the season.

If Mayberry had stayed healthy and ran to a conference player of the year award, a finalist for the Harlon Hill, or other big awards, we'd all forget that he played a lot of meaningless snaps, just that he had yards and TD's. There are just a lot of moving parts and it's never an issue until it is. For Mines, it's now an issue. I'm not sure how badly Mayberry is hurt, but they have good subs and a very effective running game. Let's see where that gets them come November.
                    To each their own.

Comment

Don't know
                      Last edited by TexasDigger; 11-03-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I think good coaches take players out of a game one play before they get hurt.

Comment

GB is honestly not that great of a coach.. especially in game. A lot of head scratchers over the years.

Comment

I think good coaches take players out of a game one play before they get hurt.
                            I think two plays. Just to be extra careful.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post

I have watched every Mines game (except the CSUP game) and the coaches rotate in a lot of players on Defense and at the WR position. John is a Freshman QB and needs as much experience as he can get although I I would probably take him out after 3 quarters if the game is well in hand. They had been rotating RBs in pretty well .. Mayberry got hurt against Western I believe and it was early in the 4th quarter. While they were ahead, it was still a game in that Western was still within 3 TDs I believe. With all that said, I have noticed that most if not all coaches in D1 & D2 leave starters in well into the 3rd & 4th quarters of games that are 'already won' so I don't think it is just a Mines deal.
                              My statement is based off of watching Mines pad stats for years. I'm glad to hear they are rotating guys this year.

Comment

https://minesathletics.com/news/2019...ll-series.aspx

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X