Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 9 Scores

Pueblo offense is again offensive, mostly due to some again questionable play calling, but wins @ Fort Lewis 21-13.

When your receivers can't be covered and you can't run, you should probably just throw the ball. Nick Williams should have been targeted until stopped today, the best defense against him was the pathetic attempts at suddenly running the wildcat repeatedly for gains of 1 yard.

Inept.

Angelo up 21-12 over Adams whom is apparently without their stud WR today. Too bad, this could be a much different score if he's on the field.

21-14 Western start of the 4th qtr in Spearfish. https://portal.stretchinternet.com/g...reamType=video

Comment

24-0 Chadron in LV
      21-20 Mesa in St. G. Early in 4th. https://portal.stretchinternet.com/d...reamType=video

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
        24-0 Chadron in LV
        21-20 Mesa in St. G. Early in 4th. https://portal.stretchinternet.com/d...reamType=video
        35 - 32 Dixie with the lead now with 7 minutes left in the 4th. Mesa driving.

Comment

?
          Last edited by TexasDigger; 11-03-2019, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Pueblo offense is again offensive, mostly due to some again questionable play calling, but wins @ Fort Lewis 21-13.

When your receivers can't be covered and you can't run, you should probably just throw the ball. Nick Williams should have been targeted until stopped today, the best defense against him was the pathetic attempts at suddenly running the wildcat repeatedly for gains of 1 yard.

Inept.

Angelo up 21-12 over Adams whom is apparently without their stud WR today. Too bad, this could be a much different score if he's on the field.
            Wildcat? Are you kidding me! You got two very good passers and a good receiving corps. The running game sucks this year, but you insist on running the ball. Ya think the passing game might open up the running game? The other way around is not working very well! I am sure the PAC 12 officials that were at the game evaluating the RMAC officials must have been laughing their tails off at some of the unusual calls made. Those officials were nervous and it showed! But they did not ruin the game. CSUP coaching staff were in survival mode the second half and it showed. Just get out of Ft. Lewis with a win at all costs. They almost lost the game again in Durango! They keep this up and they will lose another conference game and forget the post season. Stay with what is working for you and forget your good doings in the past! Stubborn running game is not working. Just might be the O-line is not up to what we had in the past. Big 300 lb bodies just are not as agile as 275 lb men! Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Wildcat? Are you kidding me! You got two very good passers and a good receiving corps. The running game sucks this year, but you insist on running the ball. Ya think the passing game might open up the running game? The other way around is not working very well! I am sure the PAC 12 officials that were at the game evaluating the RMAC officials must have been laughing their tails off at some of the unusual calls made. Those officials were nervous and it showed! But they did not ruin the game. CSUP coaching staff were in survival mode the second half and it showed. Just get out of Ft. Lewis with a win at all costs. They almost lost the game again in Durango! They keep this up and they will lose another conference game and forget the post season. Stay with what is working for you and forget your good doings in the past! Stubborn running game is not working. Just might be the O-line is not up to what we had in the past. Big 300 lb bodies just are not as agile as 275 lb men! Just a thought.
              It's like the OC has watched film from 2015-2017. Fort Lewis DBs didn't belong on the same field as Pueblo's WRs and still, coaches refuse to exploit obvious mismatches. They're hoping to get embarrassed in the playoffs with this playcalling. Not sure what happened since Commerce but it's honestly hard to even watch. Add in the awful Fort Lewis announcers and camera work and it was a game that nearly got turned off.

Comment

It's like the OC has watched film from 2015-2017. Fort Lewis DBs didn't belong on the same field as Pueblo's WRs and still, coaches refuse to exploit obvious mismatches. They're hoping to get embarrassed in the playoffs with this playcalling. Not sure what happened since Commerce but it's honestly hard to even watch. Add in the awful Fort Lewis announcers and camera work and it was a game that nearly got turned off.
                The game at home against Western should tell. Western has pulled a few surprises this year. Too bad it's the last conference game of the year. Got to get by Western first for the playoffs. I hope they are showing just enough to win games and saving some plays and players for the playoffs. But I am probably dreaming. Agreed the Ft. Lewis announcers were bad. The cameras work were by an in - experienced crew, that was obvious!

Comment

The game at home against Western should tell. Western has pulled a few surprises this year. Too bad it's the last conference game of the year. Got to get by Western first for the playoffs. I hope they are showing just enough to win games and saving some plays and players for the playoffs. But I am probably dreaming. Agreed the Ft. Lewis announcers were bad. The cameras work were by an in - experienced crew, that was obvious!
                  I gave up hoping that was the case years ago. The frustrating thing this year is that they actually have QBs who can sling the ball and WRs that can make plays. Nick Williams should be targeted numerous times a game, every game, until he's stopped. They should have Sykes back very soon as well, hopefully that opens things up again like we saw early in the year.

Comment

I gave up hoping that was the case years ago. The frustrating thing this year is that they actually have QBs who can sling the ball and WRs that can make plays. Nick Williams should be targeted numerous times a game, every game, until he's stopped. They should have Sykes back very soon as well, hopefully that opens things up again like we saw early in the year.
                    That's Wristen's run first philosophy. When teams pack the box to stop the run, like Ft. Lewis did, You need to shake things up a bit. The wildcat is a running play. They have been running that since game one against OPSU! Against SHSU the OC opened it up with the pass and they did not expect the passing game. We know what happened. Wristen came back later and said it was a fluke, we are a running team first. True, we had a running back that was like a cannon ball, take a licking and keep on ticking. Pound it out type of guy, but the threat of the passing game was there. Let the OC open things up a bit and throw the ball. It will open up the running game. But, alas I don't see him changing his ways. We don't need a Lamonica that throws the bomb, but short 5 to 7 yard passes and let the receivers do their thing after the catch. I know the QB's we have now can do the bomb. Just change up your game plan and throw the others off balance. But I am an arm chair coach/official with many ideas that come to mind.

Comment

That's Wristen's run first philosophy. When teams pack the box to stop the run, like Ft. Lewis did, You need to shake things up a bit. The wildcat is a running play. They have been running that since game one against OPSU! Against SHSU the OC opened it up with the pass and they did not expect the passing game. We know what happened. Wristen came back later and said it was a fluke, we are a running team first. True, we had a running back that was like a cannon ball, take a licking and keep on ticking. Pound it out type of guy, but the threat of the passing game was there. Let the OC open things up a bit and throw the ball. It will open up the running game. But, alas I don't see him changing his ways. We don't need a Lamonica that throws the bomb, but short 5 to 7 yard passes and let the receivers do their thing after the catch. I know the QB's we have now can do the bomb. Just change up your game plan and throw the others off balance. But I am an arm chair coach/official with many ideas that come to mind.
                      Yes, Bonner had something like 30 TD passes that year (2014)...I wonder how many years since you have to add together to get to 30 passing TDs lol.

Comment

Last year CSUP threw 13 tds
                        2017 they threw 20
                        2016 they threw 17
                        2015 they threw 16
                        2014 they threw 31

Comment

Hey, fellas! We won. In Durango! The early season passing game showed it can be effective. It also exposed key skilled players to injury. Makes sense to me to get the W on the ground as much as possible, then sling it when necessary.
                          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post

Hey, fellas! We won. In Durango! The early season passing game showed it can be effective. It also exposed key skilled players to injury. Makes sense to me to get the W on the ground as much as possible, then sling it when necessary.
                            Wouldn't running the ball expose key players to injury also? This seems like a very silly argument against attacking the opponent's weakness or taking advantage of obvious mismatches. Struggling offensively against SD Mines, Highlands, and Fort Lewis should be a huge warning. The Pack has been down this road before and it's ended in early playoff exits for several years. The early season passing is a thing of the past, this force the run nonsense is getting old. Pueblo had a 2nd & 18 and ran Micci up the middle last week. The running game isn't what it has been but they can move the ball up and down the field through the air. Why not do that instead of leaning heavily on your defense to struggle with e mediocre Fort Lewis team that had just gotten blown out by powerhouse Western State. At some point coaches need to be held responsible, there's zero reason Pueblo shouldn't go undefeated in conference play, when did that last happen? Eight years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by GWolf View Post

Won UGLY in Durango! But a win is a win. Getting tired of the ugly wins but expect it this week against Black Hills again! Injuries are part of the game. RB's getting banged up and Receiver's getting banged up. QB's getting banged up and the OL getting banged up! "D" is banged up from being on the field so much. I wonder why? No I don't. The "O" sux! Been that way for 5 years and I have not seen anything to change that! The "D" is starting to weaken a bit, so the "O" needs to start producing!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X