Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHSU

I hear John Reiners has resigned.....

Spearfish is probably my favorite conference city now that Dixie is gone. It's a shame that program is as bad as it is. Maybe the next guy can turn it around.

Comment

Comment

Kinda surprised that he lasted as long as he did, but it makes sense since I think his kids are done with high school. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to promote from within or conduct a nationwide search. I'm assuming the latter is more likely.

Comment

Originally posted by HardRockin'Nerd View Post
          Kinda surprised that he lasted as long as he did, but it makes sense since I think his kids are done with high school. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to promote from within or conduct a nationwide search. I'm assuming the latter is more likely.
          Hope they open it up. The only one on the current staff who'd qualify to change things up would be the first-year OC. They went backwards this year on offense though so IDK.

I notice that when Chadron was hit by the NCAA and made ESPN, that hurt their recruiting for 3-4 years. There will still be players on the CSC roster next year, maybe longer, who were signed under probation in 2016. I wonder if that's partly responsible for BHSU's big season in 2016, and why they peaked and went back down after that. They do recruit the same areas, for the most part.

Comment

Josh Breske Lindenwood offensive line coach and recruiting coordinator. He helped turn BHSU into a winner as a player and could do the same as HC.

Comment

Resigned is better than fired. Beautiful area but, as one poster mentioned, tough to recruit the same area as CSC. Best of luck to both he and the members of his staff.

Comment

I hope Western can hang on to Auer. With his experience at Chadron for so many years he would make a lot of sense for the Yellow Jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                  I notice that when Chadron was hit by the NCAA and made ESPN, that hurt their recruiting for 3-4 years. There will still be players on the CSC roster next year, maybe longer, who were signed under probation in 2016. I wonder if that's partly responsible for BHSU's big season in 2016, and why they peaked and went back down after that. They do recruit the same areas, for the most part.
                  One of Chadron's recruiting strategies seems to be offering any kid in western Nebraska a couple hundred bucks to join the team and pick out the 5 or so that can play. They always seem to have like 50 red shirts behind an end zone at their home games

Comment

One of Chadron's recruiting strategies seems to be offering any kid in western Nebraska a couple hundred bucks to join the team and pick out the 5 or so that can play. They always seem to have like 50 red shirts behind an end zone at their home games

Source?

Comment

It's a good strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It's a good strategy.
                        How so? When $$ in D-II is so tight, what's the point of housin', feedin' and coachin' 'em for 3 weeks before the season starts when only 4 or 5 will make any impact?

Comment

I am questioning the legality of it. Last time I checked, offering $ (even very small amounts) to any potential recruit is a BIG BIG BIG NCAA no-no.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Source?
                            I think he's saying scholarship money?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I think he's saying scholarship money?
                              ^This. I meant tiny scholarships. Dakota Wesleyan does or at least used to do a similar thing with East River South Dakota kids. I never said that it was a bad strategy especially since they have a near monopoly on the region. Chadron and SD Mines really don't recruit the same population so they can have at it

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X