in state tuition $16,650
    out of state $37,350

SD Mines
    in state $10,770
    WUE- what Colorado/ much of the western US kids count as I believe- $14,580
    out of state $15,080

thats just tuition, room and board is about double in Golden vs Rapid City
    $14,211 vs $8,770

The thing that make CO Mines different is all the Texas kids, this is what I counted from their roster.
    kids from Texas- 46
    kids from Colorado- 43
    kids from any state besides Texas or Colorado- 39
    As much as it pains me to say this Texas high school football is so much better than the surrounding states, CO Mines does a great job of getting kids from Texas that want to be petroleum engineers and keeping them around.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
      As much as it pains me to say this Texas high school football is so much better than the surrounding states, CO Mines does a great job of getting kids from Texas that want to be petroleum engineers and keeping them around.
      This is another thing that kills SD Mines, no petroleum engineering major. SD Mines recently has gotten some Texas recruits but not nearly enough to keep pace. The focus should be on Colorado, Arizona, and Texas for the majority of high school recruits. Any really pressing needs should be filled with JUCO kids from California. Also, recruiting 3-5 regional players each year to keep the local community and high school coaches invested would be a wise choice. Gotta make sure that there are enough cars on the ramps honking during games

Comment

Originally posted by HardRockin'Nerd View Post

This is another thing that kills SD Mines, no petroleum engineering major. SD Mines recently has gotten some Texas recruits but not nearly enough to keep pace. The focus should be on Colorado, Arizona, and Texas for the majority of high school recruits. Any really pressing needs should be filled with JUCO kids from California. Also, recruiting 3-5 regional players each year to keep the local community and high school coaches invested would be a wise choice. Gotta make sure that there are enough cars on the ramps honking during games
        D*** honking

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

D*** honking
          Sweet sweet music

Comment

Flohr got his OC. Abilene Christian WR coach and recruiting coordinator and was the RB/TE coach at Northwest Missouri prior to that.

https://twitter.com/CoachRyanGent/st...680754178?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Dufresne View Post
              Flohr got his OC. Abilene Christian WR coach and recruiting coordinator and was the RB/TE coach at Northwest Missouri prior to that.

https://twitter.com/CoachRyanGent/st...680754178?s=20
              It's a great hire. Up and coming coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It's a great hire. Up and coming coach.
                Yes, Ryan is great person, plus he has an Engineering degree from Iowa State. He has both Iowa and Texas contacts which will help recruiting.

Comment

http://www.hastingstribune.com/sport...c5d7e6cd2.html

Comment

Hello RMAC folks! "Sources" are saying former SD Mines coach Zach Tinker will be the new OC for CWU. As CWU's previous OC Kelly Bills just took the OC job at Dixie State. Looks like Mines had a pretty nice offense. Looks like a good hire.

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-...bruary-9-2020/

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                      Hello RMAC folks! "Sources" are saying former SD Mines coach Zach Tinker will be the new OC for CWU. As CWU's previous OC Kelly Bills just took the OC job at Dixie State. Looks like Mines had a pretty nice offense. Looks like a good hire.

https://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-...bruary-9-2020/
                      With wins against fellow bottom dweller teams like Simon Frazier, NM Highlands, Ft Lewis and close loses to a couple of mid pack teams last season and a team in the rebuilding stages, I just don't know. The previous year they were a strong mid pack team but lost a lot of players to graduation following the season.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
                        I think that this is a good landing spot for him, and I wish him all the best. Offense has always been his strong suit and the stats bear this out. I would not judge his ability based on last year as SD Mines had to find new offensive production to replace the best QB and some of the best receivers in program history. The issue with SD Mines has typically been defensive depth but last year the roles flipped. I think Coach Tinker will be a great fit at CWU and y'all will put some points on the board

Comment

https://wildcatsports.com/news/2020/...ordinator.aspx

Hiring of Tinker at CWU is official

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X