Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Mesa Coaching Change

https://www.kjct8.com/content/sports...565299312.html

I wonder if they'd be interested in Coach Wilkinson?

Comment

Not surprised. Recruiting the last couple of years is below average, resulting in an average season. Absolutely no reason for Mesa to be mediocre. Coach Martin is a good man, so he will land softly, I'm sure. But, COMines and Pueblo have shown what top-notch programs should look like in the RMAC, and Mesa is not there. It will be an interesting hire.

Comment

I'd be shocked if they hire from within the RMAC. They need to go big this time, or it will be a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
          Not surprised. Recruiting the last couple of years is below average, resulting in an average season. Absolutely no reason for Mesa to be mediocre. Coach Martin is a good man, so he will land softly, I'm sure. But, COMines and Pueblo have shown what top-notch programs should look like in the RMAC, and Mesa is not there. It will be an interesting hire.
          Totally agree here Whodat. Nice guy, but no reason they should have ever been just mediocre based on funding, city, facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post

Totally agree here Whodat. Nice guy, but no reason they should have ever been just mediocre based on funding, city, facilities.
            As a Pack fan this scares me. Grand Junction is a great city and (bites lower lip and squeezes stress ball) it's a great school. The right guy in that job could make Mavs into a powerhouse.
            Last edited by MinnequaFats; 11-22-2019, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

As a Pack fan this scares me. Grand Junction is a great city and (bites lower lip and squeezes stress ball) it's a great school. The right guy in that job could make Mavs into a powerhouse.

Bite you tongue!

Comment

Comment

No way that a program like Mesa should be satisfied with winning seasons and a single trip to the playoffs in my opinion. They have everything needed to compete with Pueblo and Mines but have simply not consistently done so. Losing at Western in 2019, losing at Black Hills in 2018 (how in the world?), giving up 63 points at home to Adams in 2018, I think Mines just scored another TD on the Mavs as I type this....the program is headed in the wrong direction and quickly. Something had to change.

Comment

Any rumor mill turning on this hire? Seems like this has been the quietest search in D2 this offseason. Four weeks and I got nothing. Have a hunch that the CMU president is involved in it.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                      Any rumor mill turning on this hire? Seems like this has been the quietest search in D2 this offseason. Four weeks and I got nothing. Have a hunch that the CMU president is involved in it.
                      Not a peep, which is strange with all the media like sports radio, local news and a daily paper there. The closing date on applications was December 8th. So, they've got to be close.

Comment

It's like football died at Colorado Mesa. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

From the outside looking in at least, it looks like either they're striking out with the candidates they want, or they're dragging their feet.

If they're going for an ESPN-headline-type hire, like John L Smith for instance, that would make sense because guys like that aren't going to tell anyone they had interest until they take the job.

On the other hand, the lack of news could mean they haven't been talking to many people... at least not realistic hires who probably wouldn't keep their interest a secret.

I guess there's always a third option LOL - waiting on Black Monday for the NFL!

Comment

Who's the interim HC? May have missed it along the way. Has to be someone directin' recruitin'.

Comment

Heard Bob Stitt was targeted but made a bunch of unrealistic demands.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X