Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The biggest positive for Mesa hiring Jackson is the recruiting pipeline of Texas that he brings. It'll be a change from the I70 corridor. They should be tough sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
      The biggest positive for Mesa hiring Jackson is the recruiting pipeline of Texas that he brings. It'll be a change from the I70 corridor. They should be tough sooner rather than later.
      I hear there's a bit of competition to recruit Texas. Mines has had success there due to their degrees offered but I'd be surprised if Mesa is able to get many kids away from staying home to play in the LSC.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I hear there's a bit of competition to recruit Texas. Mines has had success there due to their degrees offered but I'd be surprised if Mesa is able to get many kids away from staying home to play in the LSC.
        True. I don't exactly know what CMU's top degrees are. Maybe the engineering program tied into CU Boulder. Signing day will be really interesting along with the hiring of the rest of the staff. They have the potential to be a regional force with AZ and NV guys too.
        Last edited by mountaineermagic; 12-24-2019, 10:07 PM. Reason: More specific

Comment

True. I don't exactly know what CMU's top degrees are. Maybe the engineering program tied into CU Boulder. Signing day will be really interesting along with the hiring of the rest of the staff. They have the potential to be a regional force with AZ and NV guys too.
          Agreed as far as AZ and NV, Utah as well with Dixie going D1 there will be kids who don't qualify academically but can do so for D2. They've lost the recruiting battle with Pueblo badly of late and need to catchup quickly.

Comment

IMO Mesa has been losing the recruiting battle to Western lately

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
              whodat....maybe the reason they parted ways with Coach Martin wasn't all about wins and losses..as he was having winning seasons. Maybe he had challenges with the administration or something along those lines....wouldn't u think..
              I'm thinkin' the same could be said about McClure at Dixie. Nothin', as far as I know, has ever come out publicly about it. A BIG time $$ booster uses the same barber shop but never answers any of my questions about the former coach. But ask him about goin' D-I and he won't shut up.
              Merry Christmas!

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

I'm thinkin' the same could be said about McClure at Dixie. Nothin', as far as I know, has ever come out publicly about it. A BIG time $$ booster uses the same barber shop but never answers any of my questions about the former coach. But ask him about goin' D-I and he won't shut up.
                Merry Christmas!
                The administration wasn't happy about concussion protocol and the coaching staff wasn't happy with support. https://espn700sports.com/news/quest...-shay-mcclure/

Off field stuff could have been a factor at Mesa. It was mentioned in the Sentinel a month ago but was
                denied by the AD.

Comment

The administration wasn't happy about concussion protocol and the coaching staff wasn't happy with support. https://espn700sports.com/news/quest...-shay-mcclure/

Off field stuff could have been a factor at Mesa. It was mentioned in the Sentinel a month ago but was
                  denied by the AD.
                  Thank you for the link. Interestin' stuff. I hadn't heard nor seen any of that locally and I live in the StG area and followed the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

Thank you for the link. Interestin' stuff. I hadn't heard nor seen any of that locally and I live in the StG area and followed the team.
                    Yea man. Merry Christmas!

Comment

Yea man. Merry Christmas!
                      Back at ya. Of course the guy landed on his feet at SMSU. World's greatest fraternity!

Comment

denied by the AD.
                        https://dixiestateathletics.com/spor.../schedule/2020

Comment

Good points about Reinhardt and the timing with a new staff. They surprised me with how physical they were in Gunnison. If they're able to run the ball they could pull an upset on one of the Big Sky games. That has to be a MUST win for SUU, week 1.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
                            IMO Mesa has been losing the recruiting battle to Western lately
                            They've done a good job of finding niche guys that fit the system and enjoy the outdoors/tolerate the winters.

CMU is going to need to find consistancy at Qb. That's going to be one of the bigger position battles in the conference. It would not shock me if Mesa gets a guy like the Fruita QB at UNC to transfer, if he loses the position battle in Greeley. Just like the Rubalcabra storyline.

Comment

New Mesa coach

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZEsHzvnB7L4

Comment

Tremaine Jackson has hired his OC and DC..

OC is Nick Fulton..who spent this last season at UNC as OC..but the staff was cut after the year. Fulton is a Sioux Falls grad that was the OC at Colorado Mines previous to UNC.

DC is Brandon Anderson. Anderson is also a USF grad that will be a first time coordinator and will work in a collaborative manner with TJ with the D. Anderson was a position coach at USF with TJ before heading to Lindenwood with much of the USF staff at the end of 2016. This is a good opportunity that's been a while coming for BA as I've known him since his playing days and he was always the cerebral player/coach..a very intelligent guy.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X