X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLC Coaching Change

https://durangoherald.com/articles/3...HtPieif0H4U6Ik

Comment

There's something behind the scenes going on in the administration for that kind of turnover of HCs. My guess is the pay and the cost of living in Durango.

Comment

Well the last job is filled now. Kind of underwhelming but it's a multiyear deal, so there's some stability. https://durangoherald.com/articles/3...wXBOYrAyf0PuVk

Comment

Brandon Crosby was a good guy and had/has a bright future. The timing wasn't great, but you can't blame him for taking a better position. A lot of issues still in the Skyhawk program. Some of them are supposed have a plan for being addressed (facilities, stadium, scholarships).

I applaud the AD and board for moving so quickly to replace Crosby.

Brandon Crosby did a terrific job recruiting the several years he was there. It sounds like all of their recruits are intact, inclusive of the mid-year transfers who Crosby signed and actually has on campus now.

Another notable item is the re-signing of Coach Rifilato. He had previously resigned in January as their DC. Having him back helps will help immensely in the transition of Darius Smith.

Comment

Originally posted by DAWGS View Post
            Brandon Crosby was a good guy and had/has a bright future. The timing wasn't great, but you can't blame him for taking a better position. A lot of issues still in the Skyhawk program. Some of them are supposed have a plan for being addressed (facilities, stadium, scholarships).

I applaud the AD and board for moving so quickly to replace Crosby.

Brandon Crosby did a terrific job recruiting the several years he was there. It sounds like all of their recruits are intact, inclusive of the mid-year transfers who Crosby signed and actually has on campus now.

Another notable item is the re-signing of Coach Rifilato. He had previously resigned in January as their DC. Having him back helps will help immensely in the transition of Darius Smith.
            Two black head coaches in the RMAC - I don't recall that ever being the case. Good for them, well-deserved I'm sure. Should be interesting to see how Fort Lewis and Mesa progress with an infusion of non-RMAC experiences.

Comment

As usual, Ft Lewis seems to always cause the T-wolves problems no matter who is coaching. Coach Rifilato has a little to do with that! Should be a interesting season in the RMAC with all the new coaches across all the teams. It would be nice to see Ft Lewis upgrade the stadium to start with. I like my trips to Durango and seeing the sites around the area. And take in the game but sitting on a hill side on the grass or bringing a chair to sit in is a bit to much for a visitor. Also having to go to the home side to get refreshments.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Two black head coaches in the RMAC - I don't recall that ever being the case. Good for them, well-deserved I'm sure. Should be interesting to see how Fort Lewis and Mesa progress with an infusion of non-RMAC experiences.
                Whodat, agree. It will be interesting. One note is that Smith (new FLC coach) coached previously at Highlands when Ed Rifilato was also there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X