Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Kitna Commits to Pueblo

The son of CWU great and former NFL QB Jon Kitna, Jordan, has committed to CSU Pueblo over several other D2 offers that included CWU. Jordan began his collegiate career as a walk on at TCU before heading to Juco ball. https://twitter.com/Jordan_kitna3/st...66113180590080

Re: Jordan Kitna Commits to Pueblo

Good signing on paper at least, think he will have a battle to win the starting job. Looks like he split time at Cisco College last year, 93/150 with 13 TDs and 7 INTs...7 INTs is concerning on only 150 attempts.

Comment

I think he did't see action for a good two years. Walking on at a power 5 team was a silly decision. He should've gone D2 or Juco right out of HS. He had a ton of D2 offers back then. We'll see how he fares.

Comment

Originally posted by CWU Wildcat Nation View Post
        I think he did't see action for a good two years. Walking on at a power 5 team was a silly decision. He should've gone D2 or Juco right out of HS. He had a ton of D2 offers back then. We'll see how he fares.
        Always tough to be away and jump back into things. I'm assuming he has 3 years left of eligibility based on his timeline. Pueblo will have 2 viable options at QB (for the next 3 years) for the offense they're trying to run, I think Gunnar Lamphere has the advantage going into spring having 2 years in the Pack weight room and 2 years in the program so if Kitna wins the job it will be much deserved. QB has clearly been the one inconsistency for Pueblo since that national championship year.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          Always tough to be away and jump back into things. I'm assuming he has 3 years left of eligibility based on his timeline. Pueblo will have 2 viable options at QB (for the next 3 years) for the offense they're trying to run, I think Gunnar Lamphere has the advantage going into spring having 2 years in the Pack weight room and 2 years in the program so if Kitna wins the job it will be much deserved. QB has clearly been the one inconsistency for Pueblo since that national championship year.
          CSU Pueblo's offense has gone down hill, not so much because of quarterback play, but more so because they've brought in new coordinators that are insistent on running a spread offense instead of a pro set, which took them to the national championship. This new offensive scheme has wasted two years of outstanding running backs and wide receivers. One announcer during the Minnesota game asked why CSU Pueblo doesn't line-up two of their outstanding backs in the backfield at the same time to throw off the defense. The reason is this stupid spread offense they are trying to run.

Comment

Originally posted by WalterCampFan View Post
            CSU Pueblo's offense has gone down hill, not so much because of quarterback play, but more so because they've brought in new coordinators that are insistent on running a spread offense instead of a pro set, which took them to the national championship. This new offensive scheme has wasted two years of outstanding running backs and wide receivers. One announcer during the Minnesota game asked why CSU Pueblo doesn't line-up two of their outstanding backs in the backfield at the same time to throw off the defense. The reason is this stupid spread offense they are trying to run.
            You can hate the spread all you want but it sure looked good watching it in the national championship game this year with two creative offenses going at it.

QB play has been average at best the last few years, it's very obvious it has not been at the level needed to beat teams that can stop the run.

Comment

You can hate the spread all you want but it sure looked good watching it in the national championship game this year with two creative offenses going at it.

QB play has been average at best the last few years, it's very obvious it has not been at the level needed to beat teams that can stop the run.
              now they have a Kitna and Phillip Lindsay`s brother... The other RMAC teams NEED to match Pueblo`s recruiting to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
                now they have a Kitna and Phillip Lindsay`s brother... The other RMAC teams NEED to match Pueblo`s recruiting to compete.
                Don't see that happening. Especially with Mesa struggling.

Comment

Don't see that happening. Especially with Mesa struggling.
                  I'd like to see a list of what other RMAC teams that are in need of a JUCO transfer QB ??

Comment

Originally posted by Drunk in la junta View Post
                    I'd like to see a list of what other RMAC teams that are in need of a JUCO transfer QB ??
                    Mines. Mesa. The rest don't matter.

Comment

I'm excited to have him here. Competition is a good thing. Whoever wins the spot between Jordan and Gunnar will be better than without complacency.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                        I'm excited to have him here. Competition is a good thing. Whoever wins the spot between Jordan and Gunnar will be better than without complacency.
                        It looks like Jon Kitna, will be the next QB Coach in Dallas. With all the football IQ in the family, you would think Jordan would have the upper hand if he has a good spring. The competition should be fierce.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X