Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 game max. Which Pack game is dropped?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 game max. Which Pack game is dropped?

Anyone hearing anything on whether it will be Texas A&M Kingsville or Grand Valley that gets cancelled. I have heard rumblings that the Pack will play GVSU if they still want to come to Pueblo and if not we'll go to Kingsville. I popped on the GLIAC board and no one seemed to know what they are thinking up in Allendale. Just wondered what anyone else has heard or knows.

That would be a tough call to make, either give up a big SOS game at home, or give up a probable win in region.

Comment

The RMAC could play a silo schedule and still make the playoffs with 9 games. I heard that the RMAC is thinking about this plan.

Comment

Someone from GVSU just posted in their thread that the game against the Pack has been canceled, but I cant verify if its true. GV web site has not been updated.

Comment

Comment

We only have 10 games scheduled.
            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

According to folks involved in the DII football discussions, the biggest worry has been about loss of revenue and programs being required to take a funding cut by the administrations. MANY of the schools saw cutting one of their games, especially an away game involving overnight and/or plane travel, as a way to get to a 10% cut without cutting anywhere else other than the one game. "Look Administration, we arent taking 80 students on an overnight away trip. That cuts 10% of our expenses right off the top! We're done." Several schools argued against the idea, but were overridden.

Comment

Comment

Hopefully it's a refundable ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post

According to folks involved in the DII football discussions, the biggest worry has been about loss of revenue and programs being required to take a funding cut by the administrations. MANY of the schools saw cutting one of their games, especially an away game involving overnight and/or plane travel, as a way to get to a 10% cut without cutting anywhere else other than the one game. "Look Administration, we arent taking 80 students on an overnight away trip. That cuts 10% of our expenses right off the top! We're done." Several schools argued against the idea, but were overridden.
                    The problem here with letting schools pick and choose is that everyone is going to cut their away trip to save the money money. So say Grand Valley canceled Pueblo (they aren't but just a scenario), then that leaves Pueblo down a game and saves them little money. Canceling Kingsville would save Pueblo money though so say they cancel that trip, it's just a complete cluster to not just have a single standard in place such as week 1 or 11 or whatever be canceled.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The problem here with letting schools pick and choose is that everyone is going to cut their away trip to save the money money. So say Grand Valley canceled Pueblo (they aren't but just a scenario), then that leaves Pueblo down a game and saves them little money. Canceling Kingsville would save Pueblo money though so say they cancel that trip, it's just a complete cluster to not just have a single standard in place such as week 1 or 11 or whatever be canceled.
                      Yup. Our AD was visibly angry as he was explaining it.

Comment

SD Mines cancelled a road trip to Dixie. Definitely a money saver there

Comment

Kingsville game canceled. GVSU still on per story.
                          https://gothunderwolves.com/news/202...ptember-5.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
                            Kingsville game canceled. GVSU still on per story.
                            https://gothunderwolves.com/news/202...ptember-5.aspx
                            Just as well for CSUP - Wilks can't win in Javelina Stadium.
                            Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Comment

Originally posted by JavsFan View Post

Just as well for CSUP - Wilks can't win in Javelina Stadium.
                              I was really looking forward to the trip. I've never seen the al Gulf of Mexico and we were gonna go to Corpus.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X