Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news is we'll all know by next Friday the 17th when the conference announcement is released. My guess is that they go for it, especially with schools like Western going fully back to campus. Don't see how some of the schools have the financial flexibility to hold off playing.

Comment

I would anticipate an announcement of a conference only schedule. A conference only schedule accomplishes things:

1. The Conference can impose a uniform testing procedure
      2. Gives the conference time to push back the season a few weeks or possibly move it to the spring
      3. Allows for less outside contamination during games. The same 9 schools will be playing each other
      4. Allows the conference to come up with a uniform policy of what determines when a game should be cancelled

Comment

I love all the false hope spreading with a conference only schedule. This discussion should be continued next summer as to football in the fall of 2021.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
          I love all the false hope spreading with a conference only schedule. This discussion should be continued next summer as to football in the fall of 2021.
          Covid is terrible and not funny but I find it funny that a Pueblo fan would be open to writing off a year or years.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

Covid is terrible and not funny but I find it funny that a Pueblo fan would be open to writing off a year or years.

Comment

Haikus were fun to learn in 4th grade. Was that part of the curriculum at CSUP?

Comment

Just being realistic about what's going to happen this Friday when the announcement is made. The way cities, counties, and states are backtracking from stage 2 or having the requirement of wearing a facemask in establishments, makes me wonder when or if the county commissioners of Gunnision, CO will impose a mandatory 14 day quarantine for visitors again like earlier in the year. Loved the highway signs in Gunnison saying to wear a mask in establishments when I drove thru 10 days ago! Very welcoming! Here's to hoping that magic happens on Friday, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Oh by the way, loved how you made "year" plural. When I am out and about, I wear a mask when I am about to enter a establishment. When I eat at a restaurant, I take my mask off when I have a seat and place it on my forearm for safe keeping.
                Last edited by Packfootball; 07-14-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Just being realistic about what's going to happen this Friday when the announcement is made. The way cities, counties, and states are backtracking from stage 2 or having the requirement of wearing a facemask in establishments, makes me wonder when or if the county commissioners of Gunnision, CO will impose a mandatory 14 day quarantine for visitors again like earlier in the year. Loved the highway signs in Gunnison saying to wear a mask in establishments when I drove thru 10 days ago! Very welcoming! Here's to hoping that magic happens on Friday, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Oh by the way, loved how you made "year" plural. When I am out and about, I wear a mask when I am about to enter a establishment. When I eat at a restaurant, I take my mask off when I have a seat and place it on my forearm for safe keeping.
                  CB and Gunnison are just tourist hotspots for 3 months. The signs look pretty draconian, but it sounds like they've scared some off. From what I've heard from a friend at the hospital, most of the new cases have come from out of town with the second home owners. It's pretty disheartening to see Texans and others not wearing masks at Wal-Mart, City Market and Safeway. They just started fining businesses for not abiding by the masks. So maybe that will help. I have no clue how the athletic departments in the RMAC will stay a float and worry that the repercussions will be huge. Losing another school in football would be very bad.

Comment

I am thinking all NCAA football should be pushed back to the spring. Which the way we're going with case growth probably won't help, but there is a better chance. ESPN has this article up today...
                    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...dule-look-like

Comment

At least there's a chance that Western doesn't lose to Pueblo in 2020. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

At least there's a chance that Western doesn't lose to Pueblo in 2020. :)
                        You'll probably cry wolf(pun definitely intended)and retire again when the day comes. It'd be a shocker to see happen in Pueblo, but it would make it all that much better.

Comment

Haikus were fun to learn in 4th grade. Was that part of the curriculum at CSUP?

Comment

CB and Gunnison are just tourist hotspots for 3 months. The signs look pretty draconian, but it sounds like they've scared some off. From what I've heard from a friend at the hospital, most of the new cases have come from out of town with the second home owners. It's pretty disheartening to see Texans and others not wearing masks at Wal-Mart, City Market and Safeway. They just started fining businesses for not abiding by the masks. So maybe that will help. I have no clue how the athletic departments in the RMAC will stay a float and worry that the repercussions will be huge. Losing another school in football would be very bad.
                            Looks like Gunnison is doing very well to me. One new case and 5 overall. They just applied for a variance to open up more. They are classified as "Blue" with one more step to "green" which opens up fully. I think they are well on their way.

https://covid19.gunnisoncounty.org/2...y-13th-update/

Comment

Originally posted by crown7 View Post

Looks like Gunnison is doing very well to me. One new case and 5 overall. They just applied for a variance to open up more. They are classified as "Blue" with one more step to "green" which opens up fully. I think they are well on their way.

https://covid19.gunnisoncounty.org/2...y-13th-update/
                              That's great news. It's nice to see some progress. Things were nice and dreary here in April/May.

Comment

That's great news. It's nice to see some progress. Things were nice and dreary here in April/May.
                                How is the community there responding to the masks? El Paso County is well on the way to shutting down again in two weeks if things don't get under control. Of course, it's all the Trumpers crying about their freedom being taken away who refuse to wear a mask.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X