Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

How is the community there responding to the masks? El Paso County is well on the way to shutting down again in two weeks if things don't get under control. Of course, it's all the Trumpers crying about their freedom being taken away who refuse to wear a mask.
    I work in Springs. My company requires masks if you're outside of your office and requires social distancing. But none of that is happening in any of the businesses I go in up here. More than once I have been the only person in a store wearing a mask.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

I work in Springs. My company requires masks if you're outside of your office and requires social distancing. But none of that is happening in any of the businesses I go in up here. More than once I have been the only person in a store wearing a mask.
      Same experience for me, luckily I work 100% remote so I can very much limit possible exposure. I am seeing more and more businesses requiring masks though so that's a start.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

How is the community there responding to the masks? El Paso County is well on the way to shutting down again in two weeks if things don't get under control. Of course, it's all the Trumpers crying about their freedom being taken away who refuse to wear a mask.
        Next week's paper will be interesting because a county official with a cop has been going around and issuing citations for violations at businesses. Lots of the rancher type people in the county have rebelled and of course questioned the science behind the masks. I had heard that the public health director was receiving death threats, but that may have stopped. If Western reverses its original on campus plan, it'll put the town morale in the gutter.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

Next week's paper will be interesting because a county official with a cop has been going around and issuing citations for violations at businesses. Lots of the rancher type people in the county have rebelled and of course questioned the science behind the masks. I had heard that the public health director was receiving death threats, but that may have stopped. If Western reverses its original on campus plan, it'll put the town morale in the gutter.
          Heard Polis is going to announce a statewide mandate requiring masks today, we'll see. Unfortunately, I don't expect many in Colorado Springs to take kindly to that. Doesn't bode well for having a football season.

Update - https://www.9news.com/article/news/h...f-e36486fe6814
          Last edited by Turbonium; 07-16-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Well tomorrow's big decision has been delayed. I had forgotten that Highlands won't be participating in fall sports.

https://durangoherald.com/articles/3...7U_G8cWk4oGX1k

Comment

RMAC AD's recommended a Conference Only Schedule with a pushed back start date. Presidents gave themselves another week. I would imagine RMAC Fall Sports will be cancelled next week.

Comment

Covid cases are rising in Colorado, but the deaths are steady. Just awaiting for July 25 to pass by. Then it will be 14 days since Independence Day. That's one day after the Presidents decision. Pueblo Health Officials are not happy with the way Covid cases rising in the county. But Denver and Colorado Springs are in worse shape than us. Well Friday at 5 pm we will know if the season is conference only minus Highlands, That's only 8 games! Or the fall football season is canceled. I wonder if Eastern and Western New Mexico has canceled fall sports?

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                  Covid cases are rising in Colorado, but the deaths are steady. Just awaiting for July 25 to pass by. Then it will be 14 days since Independence Day. That's one day after the Presidents decision. Pueblo Health Officials are not happy with the way Covid cases rising in the county. But Denver and Colorado Springs are in worse shape than us. Well Friday at 5 pm we will know if the season is conference only minus Highlands, That's only 8 games! Or the fall football season is canceled. I wonder if Eastern and Western New Mexico has canceled fall sports?
                  Tourism up here in the Springs certainly isn't helping anything at the moment. The restaurant industry is starting to get hit as well, I know several individuals out of work for 14 days after positive tests. A professor I know at UCCS has switched all of his classes to online stating that it is idiotic to do anything else, especially with kids living in the dorms and coming in from all over the country. While some will argue that case numbers are going up due to testing increasing, this is wrong on two fronts. Testing is a bit more limited now than it was several weeks ago and the percentage of positive tests has increased. Whatever the reason is for the increases we are seeing, one can expect a step back for at least El Paso County as far as the reopening phase. Sigh.

Comment

Comment

Don't know that I've seen a better post. He's like a play caller who ignores the ability of his players, the situation, and score, then calls all three timeouts while pretending he knows what he's doing.

Comment

Comment

Me having to agree with Drunk in la junta is peak 2020 for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Me having to agree with Drunk in la junta is peak 2020 for sure.
                            Left me speechless.

Comment

Well, I guess we are left in limbo again by the RMAC as to fall sports. So no news that I can find from the RMAC in the state of Colorado. This not knowing must be driving the student athletes bonkers. I know some fans are going or went bonkers already. Sad to see politics made it's way into this forum of D2 Football.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X