Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHASA just announced that most high school sports moved to spring to include football. Golf and Tennis stay in the fall. Now multi sport athletes must choose what sport to participate in.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
      CHASA just announced that most high school sports moved to spring to include football. Golf and Tennis stay in the fall. Now multi sport athletes must choose what sport to participate in.
      Interesting to see what happens with the RMAC now then!

Comment

Comment

RMAC just announced they are cancelling all post season play for 2020, no playoffs and no championships.

Comment

This is the NCAA that made the announcement. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ps?division=d2 . No fall playoffs or championships. Now the RAMC will probably follow suit and Cancel the season. So will the rest of D2.

Comment

This is the NCAA that made the announcement. http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...ps?division=d2 . No fall playoffs or championships. Now the RAMC will probably follow suit and Cancel the season. So will the rest of D2.
              Not sure why people didn't just do this weeks ago. What was going to magically get better I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not sure why people didn't just do this weeks ago. What was going to magically get better I'm not sure.
                I hear from news reports that the RMAC is to make an announcement tomorrow. I saw Wriston on the news, he basically said what is best for the student athletes is what counts. His body expressions says the fall season is canceled.

Comment

I hear from news reports that the RMAC is to make an announcement tomorrow. I saw Wriston on the news, he basically said what is best for the student athletes is what counts. His body expressions says the fall season is canceled.

These poor coaches are at the mercy of the college presidents & admins, at this point. Way over the head of a D2 football coach. I got a mixed message in the statement from Pueblo's AD. On one hand it suggested they're still fighting to play conference season, but then later on he seemed resigned to call it off.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

These poor coaches are at the mercy of the college presidents & admins, at this point. Way over the head of a D2 football coach. I got a mixed message in the statement from Pueblo's AD. On one hand it suggested they're still fighting to play conference season, but then later on he seemed resigned to call it off.
                    Playing the conference season, minus Highlands, feels like a waste of time to me. With the cancelation of all post season play this should be an easy decision in my opinion. Might as well have Pueblo and Mines play a neutral site game and declare them the conference champions and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Playing the conference season, minus Highlands, feels like a waste of time to me. With the cancelation of all post season play this should be an easy decision in my opinion. Might as well have Pueblo and Mines play a neutral site game and declare them the conference champions and be done with it.
                      CO. Mines vs. CSU Pueblo at the USAFA Falcon Stadium! No fans allowed. Shown on Strech TV!

Comment

See you all this spring.

https://gothunderwolves.com/news/202...tponement.aspx

Comment

Spring practice just became fall practice. Will we have a Fall inter squad game in November? Will the NCAA agree to having playoff's and Championship Game in the spring? Will McKinney ISD agree to host it in the late spring early summer? Lots of questions postponed until spring 2021.

Comment

https://twitter.com/TaylorBrooksTV/s...475424256?s=20
                            Word from the RMAC Commish

I say a thing last night on twitter (don't have the link) where it talked about a 5 game spring schedule for the RMAC....round robin....but that wasn't set in stone. The 5 game thing would make sense with the link below.

Here is a new release from the NCAA also..
                            http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...relief-2020-21

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
                              https://twitter.com/TaylorBrooksTV/s...475424256?s=20
                              Word from the RMAC Commish

I say a thing last night on twitter (don't have the link) where it talked about a 5 game spring schedule for the RMAC....round robin....but that wasn't set in stone. The 5 game thing would make sense with the link below.

Here is a new release from the NCAA also..
                              http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...relief-2020-21
                              Would a 5 game "Spring Season" constitute the regular season, thus the players using a year of eligibility? So a student athlete plays for 2.5 games and is injured {ACL), could he get a RED Shirt and apply for another year. Plus he probably would miss the fall season of 2021..

High contact sports are just in limb for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Would a 5 game "Spring Season" constitute the regular season, thus the players using a year of eligibility? So a student athlete plays for 2.5 games and is injured {ACL), could he get a RED Shirt and apply for another year. Plus he probably would miss the fall season of 2021..

High contact sports are just in limb for the foreseeable future.
                                Pack....fair question. That's yet to be spelled out, but I think the 5 gamer would be less than 50% of a regular 11 game schedule and would then not count against eligibility..so this would be like glorified spring ball. At least I'm hoping that's the spirit of it.

I think it'll take about 48 hours to see exactly what/where D2 is headed this year..with other conferences meeting late last week.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X