Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Pack....fair question. That's yet to be spelled out, but I think the 5 gamer would be less than 50% of a regular 11 game schedule and would then not count against eligibility..so this would be like glorified spring ball. At least I'm hoping that's the spirit of it.

I think it'll take about 48 hours to see exactly what/where D2 is headed this year..with other conferences meeting late last week.
    The way I saw it worded, was "no more than 50% of the maximum" constests allowed, which is 10 this year. So five games could still be played and the players keep eligibility as long as the season ends "due to Covid-19"

Comment

If five games in the spring is the maximum, the RMAC should divide into the West and East. CMU, WCU, FLC, ASU and HU in the West, while BHSU, SDM, CSC, CSM and CSUP play four games. The winners of each division play a championship game at a neutral site.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
        If five games in the spring is the maximum, the RMAC should divide into the West and East. CMU, WCU, FLC, ASU and HU in the West, while BHSU, SDM, CSC, CSM and CSUP play four games. The winners of each division play a championship game at a neutral site.
        That might work but a north/south split would separate the two strongest teams into different divisions.
        Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

I wouldn't count on Highlands for in the spring. A north south split is good. An east west split is good also. Might give a team from the west a RMAC Championship with an asterisk.

Comment

MWC is canceled for the fall season. The only team left is Colorado in the state of Colorado in the PAC 12. The decision is forth coming today from the PAC 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Pack....fair question. That's yet to be spelled out, but I think the 5 gamer would be less than 50% of a regular 11 game schedule and would then not count against eligibility..so this would be like glorified spring ball. At least I'm hoping that's the spirit of it.

I think it'll take about 48 hours to see exactly what/where D2 is headed this year..with other conferences meeting late last week.
              Remember, the NCAA said a minimum of 5 games for a season, 7 for the playoff's and 10 maximum. Most folks locked onto the 10 games.

Comment

I guess we need to wait for new directions from the NCAA for spring football.

Comment

PAC 12 just canceled fall sports. No college football in Colorado this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                    I wouldn't count on Highlands for in the spring. A north south split is good. An east west split is good also. Might give a team from the west a RMAC Championship with an asterisk.
                    As long as no western slope schools are intercepting play calls and signaling like the Astros, an asterisk isn't needed. All five schools in the West have a championship, even FLC.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

As long as no western slope schools are intercepting play calls and signaling like the Astros, an asterisk isn't needed. All five schools in the West have a championship, even FLC.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

The way I saw it worded, was "no more than 50% of the maximum" constests allowed, which is 10 this year. So five games could still be played and the players keep eligibility as long as the season ends "due to Covid-19"

Comment

Here's the criteria for the waiver:
                          http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...relief-2020-21
                          "The first allows schools to self-apply a season-of-competition waiver for student-athletes, provided all of these criteria are met:
                          • due to the ongoing impact of COVID-19.
                          • The student-athlete used a season of competition during the 2020-21 academic year.
                          • The student-athlete was eligible for competition while competing during the 2020-21 academic year.

Individual waiver requests for student-athletes who do not meet the criteria above can be submitted through the traditional process and will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

The Administrative Committee also voted to allow schools to self-apply an extension of eligibility waiver (two semesters or three quarters) if one of these criteria is met:
                          • A student-athlete qualifies for a season-of-competition waiver as noted above.
                          • A student-athlete is unable to participate due to the cancellation of the sport season."
                          They later clarified this:
                          https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...vedActions.pdf

Comment

Did anyone else see this little twist? It'll be interesting to see which football schools take advantage of this in the fall, and what happens after that...
                            https://rmacsports.org/news/2020/8/1...all-udate.aspx
                            • There will be no football championship contested.
                            • Institutions have the discretion to schedule conference and non-conference opponents.
                            "After the difficult decision last week by the Council to move fall team sports to the spring, and following consultation with football coaches and athletic administrators, it became clear that many factors would interfere with the conduct of a true championship season," noted RMAC Commissioner Chris Graham. "The removal of the championship structure in the spring will allow our programs to independently administer seasons in a way that fits individual opportunities and interests."

Comment

Comment

I'm wondering what the RMAC will do about games played this fall as their statement only addresses schools scheduling games on their own accord in the spring of 2021. Nothing in the release gives much direction one way or another for scheduling fall games.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X