Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMAC Stadiums

How would you rank the top 5 stadiums in the RMAC?

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    I haven't been to Highlands' new place, but other than that...

1. Pueblo (for the beer and the size)
    2. Mines (state of the art, scenic, and best visitor facilities)
    (pretty sizable gap)
    3. Adams (they have a cool restaurant inside and the residence hall attached is a nice touch)
    4. Mesa (a little dated, maybe, but large, with a beer garden)
    (another gap)
    5. Chadron? (I guess just cause it's still shiny & new, and none of the rest are)

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Comment

Haven't been to Black Hills, and either Mines' stadium

1. The Mountaineer Bowl- could use renovations with locker rooms, but the views and quality of grass (early fall) are good.
        2. The Thunder Bowl- the artificial turf version of Western's and FLC's with better locker rooms and concessions.
        3. Denison Memorial in Durango- best views in the conference
        4. Stocker Field- Lincoln Park is cool and I have lots of fun memories at Suplizio next door for Juco.
        5. Rex Field- neat how the library has rooms overlooking the end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

I haven't been to Highlands' new place, but other than that...

1. Pueblo (for the beer and the size)
          2. Mines (state of the art, scenic, and best visitor facilities)
          (pretty sizable gap)
          3. Adams (they have a cool restaurant inside and the residence hall attached is a nice touch)
          4. Mesa (a little dated, maybe, but large, with a beer garden)
          (another gap)
          5. Chadron? (I guess just cause it's still shiny & new, and none of the rest are)

Comment

Comment

Top 5 stadiums, not accounting for mountain views and such, just the stadium itself.

1. Marv Kay Stadium - CO Mines. Looks great after remodel. Best visitor section in the conference.
              2. Nita and Eddie DeRose Thunderbowl - CSU Pueblo. Would be number 1 but the track and height of the stands relative to the field mess up the sight lines.
              3. Rex Stadium - Adams State. The home side is amazing. How cool are the Residences at Rex? The away side is pretty spartan, but great views of the field and plenty of seating.
              4. O'Harra Stadium - SDSMT. While I am not a fan of having to sit on the home side, it is plenty big and modern enough compared to others, and the tailgating inside the stadium is great.
              5. Stoker Stadium - CO Mesa. Good stadium. My only complaint is having to sit with the band and the Mesa students

Honorable mention. Elliott Field at Don Beebe Stadium. Home side is great, away side second worst in the conference (after Ft Lewis). Maybe Danny Woodhead could build some real stands on the north side and move it up the list.

Top 5 views from the stadium (other than of the field.)

1. Ray Dennison Memorial Field - Fort Lewis. The stadium itself sucks, but the view, oh my. Best by far, especially when there is snow on the mountains
              2. Marv Kay Stadium - CO Mines. I know a lot of people will say Mountaineer bowl should take this spot, but I just think the mountains in Golden are prettier, if not as tall.
              3. Mountaineer Bowl - Western CO. Gunnison is a nice town and the mountains are impressive, but that area always strikes me as sort of barren, If there were more trees and less scrub it would be #2
              4. Sanchez Family Stadium - NM Highlands. I haven't seen the remodeled stadium, but I think Las Vegas is a nice town, visually anyway.
              5. Lyle Hare Stadium - Black Hills State. I like the Black Hills quite a lot. They're not the Rockies, but it's still a great setting.

Comment

I've always wanted to visit SD Mines because of the in-stadium tailgating. The actual stadium doesn't look that great, and there's a track running around the field, but I think it would be a great place to watch a game.

BHSU is also on the list because the views look really cool.

Comment

1. Marv Kay Stadium - Very nice on both sides after the remodel. Still surprised the engineers have not tapped into Coors plant down the valley!
                  2. Thunderbowl - CSU Pueblo - Nice large video board. Sight lines for the first 4 rows from the bottom suck for football! Great tailgate!
                  3. Rex Stadium - A ams St. Home side is fantastic! Visitors leaves a lot to be desired!
                  4. Lyle Hare Stadium - Black Hills State - Everyone sits on the home side. Nice views from the stands. Not far from Sturgis!
                  5. Stoker Stadium - Co Mesa - Glad they replaced the turf a few years back.

Best Views
                  1. Ft, Lewis - Surrounded by Mountains!
                  2. Black Hills State - Lots of Mountains to see from the stands.
                  3. NM Highlands - Can see the mountain side if you look hard enough.
                  4. Western State - The grass is green. That's about it.
                  5. Chadron State - Built on a hill side.

You would think that if Co. Mines could figure out how to put a "M" on the side of a hill and light it up at night, (spoils the hill during the day and I think of aliens at night) The engineers could tap into the Coors plant! Cant even see the plant from the stadium. Also that extra point kicking net is just a bit short, by about 30 feet!

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
                    Favorite place to watch a game is Ft. Lewis. Not much of a stadium especially on the visitors side but a great setting to watch a game.
                    If Fort Lewis built a stadium worthy of that setting, it would be hands down the best in the conference. It is far and away the best view in a conference full of great views.

Comment

Comment

I have not been to either SoDak stadium. Have not been to the new Highlands field, and have not see Adams' renovation.

With that said:

1. Mines - Very nice facilities good sight lines, good field, very nice team facilities, and a nice setting.
                        1a. Pueblo - Very nice stadium as well, great seating on both sides, good field, better parking than Mines. Would be #1 if it weren't for the damn track. I hate tracks around fields.

Agree with others - there is a big drop off from here.

3. I'm inclined to put Mesa here. It's a good location with good parking, good field, pretty good home stands. The visitor side is ok, has decent size, but not great. Track around field.
                        4. Adams (pre-reno). I always liked Adams' stadium in general, but the teams had to run a ways to lockers. Not good on that accord. Track around field.
                        5. Chadron - I'd say Chadron would be #3 if it wasn't for the stupid-ass visitor side. Why they didn't fix that is beyond me. No track, nice field.

And all the rest....

Western COULD be a great place if they ever renovated. Teams have to run a marathon to the lockers, lol. But, it is a good setting. Fort Lewis fits in this category as well, other than the marathon.

Comment

It seems like we moved from best stadium to best overall atmosphere, town, etc. Some of these places I've only been to when there isn't a game, just via consulting work.

if we're solely going by stadium, I'm not a fan of Fort Lewis or Western Colorado. Between the two "bowls", Western has more of a bowl feel, to me, which gives it an edge. The track at FLC's stadium is kind of a weird, sad reminder that they barely have a track team.

My worst game experience has been at Black Hills, though. Last time I was there, the scoreboard didn't mark down & distance for at least half the game.

Comment

Ft. Lewis hands down. Great location and views, but the high school has a much better stadium to play in than the collage has! The tv game, they had to bring in lighting for the night game.
                            Western needs a complete renovation and a fieldhouse for the players!

Comment

The best thing about Mountaineer Bowl is how accessible it is. There aren't many college stadiums that are open to walk around on any time day or night. The biggest mistake in GHS football was building their own stadium with lights. It would have been great for both to have night games. It also was fun for elementary kids to get out of school to watch homecoming games at the Bowl. As for renovating, Western would need to convert the dorms to locker rooms across Escalante Drive. There is no room to build to the north or on the hill behind the scoreboard.
                              Last edited by mountaineermagic; 08-15-2020, 03:03 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X