Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa wants to play

Just saw this from new CMU coach Tremaine Jackson on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/coachjack212/sta...39447678492672

Chadron's coach has gone on the radio saying he wants to play. Not sure where their school admin stands, but I know Governor Ricketts has been really supportive of testing at our colleges and they have thousands of tests available should they need them to comply with NCAA requirements.

By my count there are still about 40 midwestern NAIA schools in playing in the fall, too.

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Just saw this from new CMU coach Tremaine Jackson on Twitter...

https://twitter.com/coachjack212/sta...39447678492672

Chadron's coach has gone on the radio saying he wants to play. Not sure where their school admin stands, but I know Governor Ricketts has been really supportive of testing at our colleges and they have thousands of tests available should they need them to comply with NCAA requirements.

By my count there are still about 40 midwestern NAIA schools in playing in the fall, too.
    I think most teams in the RMAC will schedule games in the spring. That seemed to be the point of the last announcement from the conference, each team is on their own as far as scheduling goes.

Comment

Could teams split it up and play say 3 games in the fall and two in the spring?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles Fly View Post
        Could teams split it up and play say 3 games in the fall and two in the spring?
        I would assume so, not real sure what the NCAA is going to do as far as eligibility if teams choose to do that. I'd hope they can figure it out quickly so teams can get plans in place.

Comment

I'd imagine that teams with a new coach (like Mesa) would be more motivated to play somebody this Fall....versus some other schools that might feel like they know what they got already or have key starters returning..and might not want to play a game that wouldn't count towards a potential championship and such.

For my own selfish reasons, I hope there are some games that the RMAC plays..no matter the opponent....maybe even new FCS schools like Dixie or Tarleton.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I would assume so, not real sure what the NCAA is going to do as far as eligibility if teams choose to do that. I'd hope they can figure it out quickly so teams can get plans in place.
            It sounds like you can get in five games and still keep everyone's season intact
            http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...lendars-sept-1

The committee also clarified the application of a season-of-competition waiver that was approved July 22 for student-athletes who compete in 50% or less of the . The 50% threshold, the committee decided, will include scrimmages and other discretionary exemptions as part of the regular season maximum contest/dates of competition to maintain consistency with how season-of-competition waivers are normally processed.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

It sounds like you can get in five games and still keep everyone's season intact
              http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...lendars-sept-1

The committee also clarified the application of a season-of-competition waiver that was approved July 22 for student-athletes who compete in 50% or less of the . The 50% threshold, the committee decided, will include scrimmages and other discretionary exemptions as part of the regular season maximum contest/dates of competition to maintain consistency with how season-of-competition waivers are normally processed.
              I guess now the decision needs to be made if it makes sense to split up the games or to play 5 games in the spring. Off-season S&C programs would be greatly impacted by a decision either way, as would a dozen+ other items. I guess we shall see what happens, until then I'll keep watching the Avs dominate Arizona.

Comment

Looks like WTAMU is a go...
                https://gobuffsgo.com/sports/football/schedule

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I guess now the decision needs to be made if it makes sense to split up the games or to play 5 games in the spring. Off-season S&C programs would be greatly impacted by a decision either way, as would a dozen+ other items. I guess we shall see what happens, until then I'll keep watching the Avs dominate Arizona.
                  Definitely interesting times for S & C guys... as a CSCS guy myself it would be like training 3 sport high school kids in some ways. Very hard to do imho...

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles Fly View Post

Definitely interesting times for S & C guys... as a CSCS guy myself it would be like training 3 sport high school kids in some ways. Very hard to do imho...
                    Yes, 100%. How do you put together programs not knowing when your athletes are going to be competing? I know one strength coach who is happy his retirement lined up to avoid all this chaos.

Comment

I season if they play some games this summer...followed by some rehab and small muscles work directly after the season? Shorter offseason and then possible games again in the spring? Treat spring season like spring ball I guess. What a mess!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X