Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

So, which is it? Barely enough to cover the salary of an assistant or a needed game for a program to survive?
    Its the same thing. You're just wording it two different ways. Western has done it for nearly 25 years. so at this point it has become a necessary evil. Some years they've avoided it. I know when Western played at Montana the school was paid upwards of $30,000. Fort Lewis and Mesa have been sacrificial lambs to Big Sky schools too.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

Its the same thing. You're just wording it two different ways. Western has done it for nearly 25 years. so at this point it has become a necessary evil. Some years they've avoided it. I know when Western played at Montana the school was paid upwards of $30,000. Fort Lewis and Mesa have been sacrificial lambs to Big Sky schools too.
      It's not the same thing, unless you're claiming that $30,000 every few years (or even couple years, or every year) is keeping a school's multi-million dollar athletic budget afloat? Interesting.

There's simply no benefit to getting embarrassed like that in a D2 vs FCS game. I can understand when schools go play the big boys and get 6 or 7 figures...oh well it is what it is.

Comment

It's not the same thing, unless you're claiming that $30,000 every few years (or even couple years, or every year) is keeping a school's multi-million dollar athletic budget afloat? Interesting.

There's simply no benefit to getting embarrassed like that in a D2 vs FCS game. I can understand when schools go play the big boys and get 6 or 7 figures...oh well it is what it is.
        The exact numbers don't matter. Obviously I am not in the athletic budget know. More than other RMAC schools Western has been dependent on FCS games. That is the endpoint. Coach's salaries would of course be part of that. That's it.

I really don't understand the idea of nothing beneficial from the game in your book. You can't discount the reps and film.The execution and ball security was horrendous, but that can be corrected. There can still be positive pieces of a play beyond the outcome of the play.

Comment

The exact numbers don't matter. Obviously I am not in the athletic budget know. More than other RMAC schools Western has been dependent on FCS games. That is the endpoint. Coach's salaries would of course be part of that. That's it.

I really don't understand the idea of nothing beneficial from the game in your book. You can't discount the reps and film.The execution and ball security was horrendous, but that can be corrected. There can still be positive pieces of a play beyond the outcome of the play.
          The benefit of the game was to get your snot kicked out of ya in the first quarter with turnovers. That's demoralizes a team real fast. But I guess for a first game for you that was to be expected. SFA had what 4 games already. 2 of those were against LSC teams that did much better at being blocking dummies! I guess when Western got the touchdown, SFA was using the fourth string back ups, so Colby was being nice. Tell me, did the team take the bus all the way to Nacogdoches, TX or did they fly? I am betting the bus. That's a long bus ride home after getting the snot kicked out of you and your body hurts.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

The benefit of the game was to get your snot kicked out of ya in the first quarter with turnovers. That's demoralizes a team real fast. But I guess for a first game for you that was to be expected. SFA had what 4 games already. 2 of those were against LSC teams that did much better at being blocking dummies! I guess when Western got the touchdown, SFA was using the fourth string back ups, so Colby was being nice. Tell me, did the team take the bus all the way to Nacogdoches, TX or did they fly? I am betting the bus. That's a long bus ride home after getting the snot kicked out of you and your body hurts.
            They took a bus. If your going to be a pest go play on your schools Facebook page and like away with what the future looks like when you guys actually play a game.

Comment

They took a bus. If your going to be a pest go play on your schools Facebook page and like away with what the future looks like when you guys actually play a game.
              Has Western even actually played a game this year? It looks like they took a bus ride to watch SFA score a bunch.

PS - Don't get all upset, just having fun with ya. I see zero benefit in getting decimated by a team you have no business being on the field with. Good for Western for getting a couple games scheduled but you can throw that film from SFA out and get back to the practice field.

Comment

Comment

Has Western even actually played a game this year? It looks like they took a bus ride to watch SFA score a bunch.

PS - Don't get all upset, just having fun with ya. I see zero benefit in getting decimated by a team you have no business being on the field with. Good for Western for getting a couple games scheduled but you can throw that film from SFA out and get back to the practice field.
                  I'm not upset but I'd appreciate it if you and your pack would lay off the embassing narrative. Players read this stuff. It's not constructive to the rest of the conference and in this case Western. They'll be better from the experience and it didn't sound like injuries were of concern. Happy to see that wolves were voted in so people can actually hear that out in the wild and not a 70 year old man in a mic pretending to be one;)

Comment

I'm not upset but I'd appreciate it if you and your pack would lay off the embassing narrative. Players read this stuff. It's not constructive to the rest of the conference and in this case Western. They'll be better from the experience and it didn't sound like injuries were of concern. Happy to see that wolves were voted in so people can actually hear that out in the wild and not a 70 year old man in a mic pretending to be one;)
                    You wouldn't hear the howl so often if you'd stop them! Lol. I have no wolf in the fight any longer though, what others say is up to them, what I say represents only myself.

However, if college athletes read a board and get upset about something said that doesn't even mention individual players then they need to toughen up. I'm sure they can handle it, if not, the real world might be a shock to them. I'm not here to be constructive for the conference or any individual school. Simply to share thoughts on a public forum. Heck, I was once told by an AD that we couldn't have a sign that said "Mines needs better football players" because it might hurt their feelings. What a soft world we are creating.

Good to hear no injuries seemed to be suffered for Western, there's a positive from the game at least!
                    Last edited by Turbonium; 11-05-2020, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Western embarrassed themselves and the Conference with the performance in the game at SFA. But it must be nice to have coaches that know someone at SFA to get a game with them. Glad no players got injuries from that game except mental. That will probably hurt against Mesa. Your coaches got a lot of work ahead now with the mental aspect of the game to the players. From my perspective, it was a bad decision to play SFA your first game of the year. We will see how they rebound from a sound beating against Mesa, who has played 2 games and lost one because they thought they were a better team and just needed to show up on the field against SD Mines. I am NOT going away. Just telling like I see it. If it hurts, then too bad.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X