Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western @ Pittsburgh State 11/21

Third meeting between the schools. 0-2 so far. Don't know a lot about the Gorillas. Vaguely remember them beating Mines in the postseason in the early 2000s. I've noticed Western using a 3rd QB doing zone-read plays. Excited to see what it looks like in action.

That's 3 road games so far.

Comment

If the Western offense is not VASTLY improved from recent years then a couple of these games are going to be very ugly. Yikes.

Comment

I realized I misspelled Pittsburg in the title. If Western can run the ball they'll be competitive in most games. Yea, the two non-conference games are rough. Big confidence boost for the spring season if they're competitive. Hopefully Western can add a home game with ASU, FLC or whoever.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
          I realized I misspelled Pittsburg in the title. If Western can run the ball they'll be competitive in most games. Yea, the two non-conference games are rough. Big confidence boost for the spring season if they're competitive. Hopefully Western can add a home game with ASU, FLC or whoever.
          100% yes, it just seems like they have struggled to run the ball of late (9th in the RMAC last year) and the year before that they had 34 attempts for 1 yard against Pueblo. While Pueblo's run defense has been very solid for awhile now, these scheduled games are against very solid teams too. Hats off to Western for scheduling games against very good opponents, just hope they benefit from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

100% yes, it just seems like they have struggled to run the ball of late (9th in the RMAC last year) and the year before that they had 34 attempts for 1 yard against Pueblo. While Pueblo's run defense has been very solid for awhile now, these scheduled games are against very solid teams too. Hats off to Western for scheduling games against very good opponents, just hope they benefit from them.
            From what I saw today the offensive line looks solid. They were controlling the line of scrimmage and had the DL coach and DC irate during scrimmage . The screen game should be effective with their smaller running backs. I would expect three qbs to get reps Halloween night. Jaydon Green a freshman dual threat QB from George Washington HS looks like a difference maker in the future. Overall, I was impressed at how much energy was on display and the sharpness of practice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X