Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa

I saw Mesa tweeting about the top rush O in the conference and top defense in D 2. LOL, quite an accomplishment with 95% of D 2 not even playing, and a watered down RMAC active.

Originally posted by Gridiron Bobby View Post
    I saw Mesa tweeting about the top rush O in the conference and top defense in D 2. LOL, quite an accomplishment with 95% of D 2 not even playing, and a watered down RMAC active.
    In times like these, let 'em have fun with it. jmo

Comment

Rather embarrassing IMO but hey you gotta take what you can get I guess...yikes. Must be nice to not have to give up 48 to Pueblo and 56 (or 72 the year before) to Mines though?
      Last edited by Turbonium; 11-16-2020, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Must be some good stuff on the western slope!

Comment

And UCF were the 2017 college football national champions.

Comment

At least Mesa (along with Western, Chadron, and the Dakotas) stepped up and tried to have a 'season'. Better than a thumb up the ass like, oh I don't know....Pueblo....

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
              At least Mesa (along with Western, Chadron, and the Dakotas) stepped up and tried to have a 'season'. Better than a thumb up the ass like, oh I don't know....Pueblo....
              Zero reason for Mines or Pueblo to join that cluster. I can understand why programs with new coaches might've tried but bragging about stats seems a bit hilarious at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I can understand why programs with new coaches might've tried
                This is exactly the right analysis. Black Hills, South Dakota Mines, Colorado Mesa, and Pittsburg State all have first-year head coaches. Most had already lost spring football and the last thing they wanted was to lose more in the fall. They needed so salvage something and Mesa did a very good job of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

This is exactly the right analysis. Black Hills, South Dakota Mines, Colorado Mesa, and Pittsburg State all have first-year head coaches. Most had already lost spring football and the last thing they wanted was to lose more in the fall. They needed so salvage something and Mesa did a very good job of that.
                  The best job I hear, best defense in D2. :)

Comment

Yeah, Mesa did a good job revealing the train wreck that they are. Great game against SD Mines. Coaches that runs their mouths a lot rarely get results.

Comment

Mesa went back in a time portal to their most successful era of the 80s with the rah rah mentality of Bob Cortese. Easiest way to prevent the snowball momentum is to beat them early and often in Jackson's tenure.
                      Last edited by mountaineermagic; 11-20-2020, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Congratulations to Epeli Kubuabola on being named the greatest ice hockey player in Fiji.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It's a boon to first-year head coaches, sure, but even moreso to first-year players. The teams that play real games this year will all have roughly 10-15 extra players next fall who got the benefit of live-game reps and are more prepared than their freshman counterparts on the other side. Looking forward to a more balanced conference next year.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                            Totally agree Whodat. The kids who chose to attend Western, Chadron and the Dakotas did so to get an education and play football. Good for them. The big boys at DI are playing football. Why can't athletes at the DII level? Other RMAC schools chose to hide under security blankets like little whiney b!tches.

Comment

Reality sets back in next fall.
                              Last edited by Turbonium; 11-25-2020, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X