Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Schools like Highlands and Ft. Lewis probably will never get to the scholarship level allowed by D2. They can't afford it. How do you expect them to pack up and fly to the Pacific Northwest. They are bottom dwellers in the conference. Adams and Western are not much better. Not so sure about the S.D. schools. Pueblo, Co Mines, Mesa and Chadron are the only schools doing OK within the RMAC. But they have OOC games lined up for the next few years, even out of region. The bottom dwellers hopefully get an FCS $ game or two to help with expenses. Then the long bus ride to Montana or SFA and get the snot kicked out of them. I just don't see it happening with games against CWU, WOU and SFU even though I would love the road trips by car.
    SD Mines was at 33 schollies at one point when in the GNAC. I think we were only behind Azusa. Our problem has always been more about getting prospective engineers with talent who won't fail out or transfer. The funding will typically be there if we beat BH and remain competitive with Colorado Mines or Chadron. I think one west coast swing a year is reasonable or a neutral site game. Ellensburg is within bussing distance, and we did the Simon Fraser trip in 2019. No clue about BH. I doubt they have fully funded scholarships but I could be wrong.

Comment

While some RMAC schools might be able to afford a trip out west, would you rather have your school spend that money traveling to WOU/SFU or to a Grand Valley/ Valdosta/ West Florida/ some other powerhouse?

Comment

I don't expect the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference to bail out the Great Northwest Athletic Conference.

If a scheduling agreement was enacted I would say that an RMAC team would only have to go to a GNAC team's field once every 10 years; and have the GNAC teams go to RMAC once or twice a year.

If Rocky Mountain teams didn't want to do this, I wouldn't blame them, but if they did I would try to minimize travel as much as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
          While some RMAC schools might be able to afford a trip out west, would you rather have your school spend that money traveling to WOU/SFU or to a Grand Valley/ Valdosta/ West Florida/ some other powerhouse?
          Well, CWU and WOU are good opponents. CWU in particular has been generally a very stout opponent, so I think your suggestion is a bit over the top. Pretty much no team is going to travel to Valdosta or West Florida, and certainly not every year multiple times within the conference. I suspect CWU and WOU would beat most of the RMAC teams on a regular basis.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Well, CWU and WOU are good opponents. CWU in particular has been generally a very stout opponent, so I think your suggestion is a bit over the top. Pretty much no team is going to travel to Valdosta or West Florida, and certainly not every year multiple times within the conference. I suspect CWU and WOU would beat most of the RMAC teams on a regular basis.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X