Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Lewis @ Dixie State (Saturday night at 7pm) ESPN+

Curious to see what the Fort will look like in St. George with Darrius G. Smith making his coaching debut. From the preview it looks like they return a lot of talent at RB and WR so they may be able to move the ball.
    https://goskyhawks.com/news/2021/3/2...xie-state.aspx

It wouldn't shock me if Dixie is flirting with the top 10 FCS standings in two years. I just think there's so much money available with the church, growth of the area and talent nearby to not win. My guess is that FLC wil be closer to Dixie than WCU @SFA was due to Ed Riffalato's familiarity as DC in Durango vs Dixie. It would be great for the conference if the Skyhawks made it close.

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
    Curious to see what the Fort will look like in St. George with Darrius G. Smith making his coaching debut. From the preview it looks like they return a lot of talent at RB and WR so they may be able to move the ball.
    https://goskyhawks.com/news/2021/3/2...xie-state.aspx

It wouldn't shock me if Dixie is flirting with the top 10 FCS standings in two years. I just think there's so much money available with the church, growth of the area and talent nearby to not win. My guess is that FLC wil be closer to Dixie than WCU @SFA was due to Ed Riffalato's familiarity as DC in Durango vs Dixie. It would be great for the conference if the Skyhawks made it close.
    StG is growin' like crazy! The church has a lot of $$ but doubt they donate much to DSU with BYU just a few hours up the road. I haven't looked at DSU's roster, but I'd guess they recruit Las Vegas and Southern CA heavily. You need to remember they have competition 40 miles up the road at a more-established program, SUU in Cedar City. Now here's the conundrum: The growth in StG is loaded with retirees from all over the US, especially CA, who could not care less about Dixie football, thus they neither support nor donate. I know one person in our community of around 40 homes who cares about sports and he's a BYU alum.

Comment

Dixie State has the mentality of a Jeckel and Hyde team. Depends on which team shows up to play in St. George, UT. as to how well Ft. Lewis will do.

Comment

Originally posted by Clean Liver View Post

StG is growin' like crazy! The church has a lot of $$ but doubt they donate much to DSU with BYU just a few hours up the road. I haven't looked at DSU's roster, but I'd guess they recruit Las Vegas and Southern CA heavily. You need to remember they have competition 40 miles up the road at a more-established program, SUU in Cedar City. Now here's the conundrum: The growth in StG is loaded with retirees from all over the US, especially CA, who could not care less about Dixie football, thus they neither support nor donate. I know one person in our community of around 40 homes who cares about sports and he's a BYU alum.
        My brother and I decided to visit for spring break and check out some National Parks and were at tonight's 60-0 Dixie win. From being in Cedar City earlier I noticed how windy it was. Is that the usual? The traffic over by the In-N-Out was crazy. Big change from 2011. I'll be interested to see the name change issue for Dixie and the impact it'll have for sports. It sounds like alums are not happy!

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

My brother and I decided to visit for spring break and check out some National Parks and were at tonight's 60-0 Dixie win. From being in Cedar City earlier I noticed how windy it was. Is that the usual? The traffic over by the In-N-Out was crazy. Big change from 2011. I'll be interested to see the name change issue for Dixie and the impact it'll have for sports. It sounds like alums are not happy!
          Cedar is always much windier. We get wind in StG but not nearly as regular nor brisk. In 'N Out is busy every hour it's open. If you dine-in it's okay, takin' it home, however (we live about 2 miles west) doesn't work (fries don't travel well). The name change is a divisive issue, especially with recent graduates. Alums are a mixed bag. The recent grad's believe potential suitors equate the name with slavery - BS! Apparently History is not a course at DSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            Dixie State has the mentality of a Jeckel and Hyde team. Depends on which team shows up to play in St. George, UT. as to how well Ft. Lewis will do.
            Guess we know, now, who showed up.

Comment

The lone bright spot on offense for FLC was the running back #22 Nwosou. He will have some decent Saturdays in conference play. The QB is not much of a passing threat and was on the ground much of the night. I think Apodaca will get some reps against Western on the 17th.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X