Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends of Football

Does anyone know what the issues are with Friends of Football and CSU-P that led to Friends of Football dissolving?

Whoa! This can't be good, despite how the story reads. You would think taking your name off the stadium means you're angry with someone.

Comment

I am sure that all the story will soon come to light. If the DeRose's give up their suite at the Thunderbowl, then we know things are really bad!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post
        Does anyone know what the issues are with Friends of Football and CSU-P that led to Friends of Football dissolving?
        In this article he comments on the vaccine mandate this fall, but it sounds like it's just one part of a bigger picture dispute.
        https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-c...eblo-president

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

In this article he comments on the vaccine mandate this fall, but it sounds like it's just one part of a bigger picture dispute.
          A rather childish example to give, I hope the other reasons are made public. Hilarious.

Comment

When the College President and the Booster's have problems, the College President is usually replaced. Athletics makes up the face of a university for others to see and CSUP has been going in the wrong direction, "ie" basketball both men and womenand baseball as exampels. I am guessing athletics are not a high priority for the President and the boosters see that as a major issue. We will see if Coach Wristen hangs around or starts looking else where. I know this is his home town and the football program is his baby to nurture. We will just have to wait and see. Just might the game at Grand Valley in trouble now with money associated to travel to the game?

Comment

https://www.chieftain.com/story/news...te/7587852002/

another article came out in the chieftain yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
                https://www.chieftain.com/story/news...te/7587852002/

another article came out in the chieftain yesterday
                This thing is awful hard to figure out, on a number of levels.

1) CSU-Pueblo itself isn't mandating vaccines. It's coming from the system office, so if I understand correctly, it's not like the university could just choose to disobey

2) The "mandate" sounds pretty toothless, TBH. You either get vaccinated, or you get an exemption. Or maybe you just pretend you got one lol. They're not kicking people out of school. This is coming from someone who's about as anti-vaxx as you can get.

3) What does the university actually losing here? They're getting millions in assets from the disbanded organization, and from this article, it sounds like most of the members, including DeRose himself, plan to continue supporting athletics. What "support" is being withdrawn? Does DeRose just want out of the fundraising business? Is there a reason they need him out?

Someone's leaving a big part of the story out here.

Comment

This thing is awful hard to figure out, on a number of levels.

1) CSU-Pueblo itself isn't mandating vaccines. It's coming from the system office, so if I understand correctly, it's not like the university could just choose to disobey

2) The "mandate" sounds pretty toothless, TBH. You either get vaccinated, or you get an exemption. Or maybe you just pretend you got one lol. They're not kicking people out of school. This is coming from someone who's about as anti-vaxx as you can get.

3) What does the university actually losing here? They're getting millions in assets from the disbanded organization, and from this article, it sounds like most of the members, including DeRose himself, plan to continue supporting athletics. What "support" is being withdrawn? Does DeRose just want out of the fundraising business? Is there a reason they need him out?

Someone's leaving a big part of the story out here.
                  Plus, if they love the constitution so much they should realize that it is constitutional to mandate vaccines. They themselves and their kids likely got vaccinated against several other diseases that have mostly been eradicated due to said vaccines.

Hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Plus, if they love the constitution so much they should realize that it is constitutional to mandate vaccines. They themselves and their kids likely got vaccinated against several other diseases that have mostly been eradicated due to said vaccines.

Hilarious.
                    Actually, there are no absolute constitutional mandates on vaccines, as there are opportunities for citizens to opt-out based on prior precedent. The question is how far someone wants to press their case. I'm guessing we will see case law coming out of all these mandates eventually. But the answer to those cases won't come for years, unfortunately.

Comment

I have no inside info or connections but hope and expect that Coach Wristen is going to let this hoopla blow over and stick to coaching the team. The only evidence I've found is a retweet by him in April that was pro-vaccine.
                      Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Actually, there are no absolute constitutional mandates on vaccines, as there are opportunities for citizens to opt-out based on prior precedent. The question is how far someone wants to press their case. I'm guessing we will see case law coming out of all these mandates eventually. But the answer to those cases won't come for years, unfortunately.
                        Okay Oscar (bonus points if you get the reference) Actually - https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...o-decides.html

Argue semantics if you want, but they can be mandated by the state. Sure, someone can try to get around that but people try to get around all kinds of laws and mandates. Doesn't mean they don't exist though. If CSU wants to mandate vaccines they can absolutely do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Okay Oscar (bonus points if you get the reference) Actually - https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/artic...o-decides.html

Argue semantics if you want, but they can be mandated by the state. Sure, someone can try to get around that but people try to get around all kinds of laws and mandates. Doesn't mean they don't exist though. If CSU wants to mandate vaccines they can absolutely do so.

Comment

FOF is clear on one thing. "We are Americans that hold the constitution and its promised freedoms in the highest regard ..." Unfortunately, a lot of folks don't know what that truly means. CSUP and its athletic programs will suffer as a result.

Comment

I know nothing about DeRose, but the simplest explanation for all this seems to be that he has political aspirations of some sort and is trying to drum up some free press without significantly affecting CSUP at all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X