Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And so it begins..........

2021 RMAC Football Media Day Kickoff Date Announced - Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference (rmacsports.org)

Guess everyone is being quiet about this fall and the football teams in the conference.

Comment

Crickets from the RMAC, did this media day even take place? The only news I have seen is the best regular season team in the RMAC having 5 televised games this year.

Comment

The media day did take place and was taped via zoom last week. RMAC is supposed to release the recorded sessions on August 4th on their website.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
          Crickets from the RMAC, did this media day even take place? The only news I have seen is the best regular season team in the RMAC having 5 televised games this year.
          I took part in it. It did happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I took part in it. It did happen.
            I figured there would be some news from the conference about it, preseason polls, players to watch (since they did away with awards for whatever reason) a bit disappointing but not surprising I guess.

Comment

Preseason poll dropped this morning. No real surprises. SD Mines gets a new coach bump after winning by 2 scores at Mesa in the fall. So does Highlands fresh off a 62-26 drubbing of Fort Lewis. Skyhawks quarterbacks passed for 37% in their 2 spring games. RBs managed 2.2 ypc. Someone voted for A ams State just to be mean lol.
              https://rmacsports.org/news/2021/8/3...announced.aspx

Comment

Hm I wonder who voted the Grizzlies #1. It's either Western or Pueblo lol

Comment

They posted the recordings of media day, if you want to hear how "excited" all the coaches are for the season, how bad everyone "wants it" this year, and how much "leadership" on and off the field everyone has coming back.
                  https://rmacnetwork.com/

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                    We all know it's best time of the season for Adams as it's the only time they get to be on top in the standings.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                      Probably the Adams coach pulling a UTPB and voting for themselves.

Comment

CSC's roster has been updated. They added a ton more players than they announced on signing day. Probably 60-70 new guys. Probably a bunch of walk-ons but several are transfers as well. Couple of brothers from Miami who appear to have been FCS prospects at some point. A few other D2-to-D2 transfers.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                          CSC's roster has been updated. They added a ton more players than they announced on signing day. Probably 60-70 new guys. Probably a bunch of walk-ons but several are transfers as well. Couple of brothers from Miami who appear to have been FCS prospects at some point. A few other D2-to-D2 transfers.
                          Not too sure what's going on at Pueblo any longer, looks like they got several transfers (5+ from quick glance) from Texas Southern, including a senior QB. Not sure what happened to lead to a mass exodus from there? Also a big (6'7 320) OL transfer from Montana.

It'll be a fun season to just follow the RMAC without any loyalty and hopefully I'll get to check out some games around D2 this year. Mines being picked as pre-season favorites makes perfect sense, they should obviously have a great year.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                            Preseason poll dropped this morning. No real surprises. SD Mines gets a new coach bump after winning by 2 scores at Mesa in the fall. So does Highlands fresh off a 62-26 drubbing of Fort Lewis. Skyhawks quarterbacks passed for 37% in their 2 spring games. RBs managed 2.2 ypc. Someone voted for A ams State just to be mean lol.
                            https://rmacsports.org/news/2021/8/3...announced.aspx
                            A ams? Is it possible the person thought they were voting in the cross country poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not too sure what's going on at Pueblo any longer, looks like they got several transfers (5+ from quick glance) from Texas Southern, including a senior QB. Not sure what happened to lead to a mass exodus from there? Also a big (6'7 320) OL transfer from Montana.

It'll be a fun season to just follow the RMAC without any loyalty and hopefully I'll get to check out some games around D2 this year. Mines being picked as pre-season favorites makes perfect sense, they should obviously have a great year.
                              Looked at the QB - he was rated 2-3 stars by 247 as a JuCo and received offers from Louisiana-Monroe and a couple of service academies. Started as a freshman at JuCo and then played 3 at Texas Southern. Never had as good a season at TSU as he did in JuCo but looks like they were playing musical QBs with him and a couple others. What probably happened to lead a mass exodus was going 0-fer their last 16 games. It says they won 2-0 last spring, but the opponent says the game was canceled. No box score available

Anyway the QB (Devin Williams) had a decent completion percentage just never truly became a "dual threat" in D1 like 247 had projected.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X