Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Looked at the QB - he was rated 2-3 stars by 247 as a JuCo and received offers from Louisiana-Monroe and a couple of service academies. Started as a freshman at JuCo and then played 3 at Texas Southern. Never had as good a season at TSU as he did in JuCo but looks like they were playing musical QBs with him and a couple others. What probably happened to lead a mass exodus was going 0-fer their last 16 games. It says they won 2-0 last spring, but the opponent says the game was canceled. No box score available

Anyway the QB (Devin Williams) had a decent completion percentage just never truly became a "dual threat" in D1 like 247 had projected.
    I'm guessing he was brought in for some depth as Kitna looks to have graduated. Gunnar will likely be the guy at QB, hope he has a great year as he's certainly talented and has a lot of talent around him as well as an OC that will let them succeed.

Haven't looked at the other transfers, just saw there were several from TSU, so not sure if any will make an impact.

I'm hoping to make it to the Commerce game to enjoy some hopefully good weather and good football.

Comment

Something I'm seeing with a lot of D2 schools, across all sports, is maybe 1/4 to 1/3 of the players who are eligible to graduate choose to forego the extra "Covid" year and leave school. Maybe a little bit of classroom fatigue. It might hit the juniors harder than it hit last year's seniors, since the seniors at least had the motivation of getting back to finish what they started. The juniors are going to have a chance at closure this fall and most will have been 4-5 year students already.

I'm also wondering if this is extra true for a school like Mines where they have the incentive of a paycheck and little chance of earning NIL money.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
        I'm also wondering if this is extra true for a school like Mines where they have the incentive of a paycheck and little chance of earning NIL money.
        There is also the fact that depending on the engineering program doing a master's in engineering is more than a one year commitment. I forewent my 5th year of eligibility at the more nothernly Mines because I graduated in 4 years and ran out of classes in my area of emphasis to take. Kinda depends on the curriculum and how much of a signing bonus all the petroleum engineering majors get offered for Colorado Mines

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X