Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey new RMAC columnist

Hurry up and write something so we can start ripping it apart.

https://twitter.com/D2Football/statu...75802659004421

https://www.d2football.com/rmac-pre-season-outlook/

Comment

In all seriousness thanks Jimmy for taking on this responsibility. It's been 9 or 10 years since it was filled, I think. I won't rip it. Tough job to comb over 10 different rosters, especially when half of them don't offer much info.

Comment

Great preview, thanks for giving us some new content Jimmy

Comment

I can't help but think the fact that Pueblo is playing two other top 25 teams right out of the chute might have been mentioned. Not "ripping", just saying.
          Sprinkles are for winners!

Comment

https://www.d2football.com/rmac-week...d-predictions/

Thanks for the write-up, Jimmy.

Gunnar Lamphere got the start at QB last week against Commerce, he was injured a few series into the game and replaced by Devin Williams who was then replaced by Croell. Remains to be seen if Lamphere or any of the other injured guys from week 1 will be able to play against GV. A couple key defensive guys were on the sidelines early with ice and/or walking boots on. Credit to Commerce though, they are loaded with talent and FBS transfers on defense and it showed.

Fort Lewis at Tarleton should just be a forfeit to save everyone the trip down there, I can't even imagine what that score is going to be. Ouch.

Comment

Who picks against their alma mater in the home opener, just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                Who picks against their alma mater in the home opener, just saying.
                He picked Western 24-17
                he must look at the RMAC website for his games too, no Chadron/ Angelo preview.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Thanks for the write-up, Jimmy.

Gunnar Lamphere got the start at QB last week against Commerce, he was injured a few series into the game and replaced by Devin Williams who was then replaced by Croell. Remains to be seen if Lamphere or any of the other injured guys from week 1 will be able to play against GV. A couple key defensive guys were on the sidelines early with ice and/or walking boots on. Credit to Commerce though, they are loaded with talent and FBS transfers on defense and it showed.

Fort Lewis at Tarleton should just be a forfeit to save everyone the trip down there, I can't even imagine what that score is going to be. Ouch.
                  Yes, thanks for trying. Taking the gloves off, though. This one deserves ripped, but I'll just post the quotes, without commentary for now.

"Devin Williams got the start"

"

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Yes, thanks for trying. Taking the gloves off, though. This one deserves ripped, but I'll just post the quotes, without commentary for now.

"Devin Williams got the start"

"
                    Hey for once I wasn't the a$$hole. Indeed it seemed rather rushed, I know it takes a lot of time and research to do a good job in covering an entire conference but that's why I didn't sign up for it.

Calling Pueblo's offense inept since the program started is a bit obtuse. The 2013 offense averaged over 500 yards per game, scored over 30 points in every single game, and over 40 points in 8 games. The 2014 offense was a bit more conservative but I think they had a pretty good year too.

Not sure why the hype for the Highlands vs Mines game, that game is going to be over very quickly. Fort Lewis is just terrible, we saw it in the spring and we saw it last weekend. I don't want the $50 or spot as a columnist but that wasn't all that shocking.

It's early in his first year doing this so hopefully it just continues to improve with helpful feedback and experience..

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post

He picked Western 24-17
                      he must look at the RMAC website for his games too, no Chadron/ Angelo preview.
                      From last week he picked Chadron over Western. It would big for Chadron to beat ASU for the rest of the RMAC. I think they may have trouble protecting Holst though. Their o-line struggled with Western's radar blitzes.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Hey for once I wasn't the a$$hole. Indeed it seemed rather rushed, I know it takes a lot of time and research to do a good job in covering an entire conference but that's why I didn't sign up for it.

Calling Pueblo's offense inept since the program started is a bit obtuse. The 2013 offense averaged over 500 yards per game, scored over 30 points in every single game, and over 40 points in 8 games. The 2014 offense was a bit more conservative but I think they had a pretty good year too.

Not sure why the hype for the Highlands vs Mines game, that game is going to be over very quickly. Fort Lewis is just terrible, we saw it in the spring and we saw it last weekend. I don't want the $50 or spot as a columnist but that wasn't all that shocking.

It's early in his first year doing this so hopefully it just continues to improve with helpful feedback and experience..
                        He definitely did not watch either the Dixie or Highlands game for FLC. I'm always worried that Fort Lewis will just bottom out and cut the program one of these years. Fortunately Durango High has had some success so maybe that can become a pipeline and create local interest on the hill for the school.

Comment

Good week 3 column

Comment

New article.

FLC has 14 points on the season, he's predicting 12 this week. I'm not sure if the team has checked out for the season yet, but I'm not sure how they come out fired up after last weeks dismantling. And I don't think they score 12 points (or more) this week.

He didn't post a prediction for the ASC vs. BHSU game. I guess we won't be able to say he picked wrongly, lol.

Comment

"Chadron started hot against Pueblo last week and even got themselves to a 10-0 lead at one point in the second quarter. Then the Thunderwolves knocked the eagles out of the Thunderbowl"

I wonder if they were knocked out of the Thunderbowl because of the game being in Chadron, not Pueblo...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X