• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rankings Out

https://www.d2football.com/top-25-poll-09-14-2021/

Mines up 2
    CSUP out

Hopefully Western and Mesa win this week and give a little more presence for the conference

My weekly rankings are not fully calculated yet, but I think I have 4 RMAC schools in the top 10 of SR4 this week!

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post
      My weekly rankings are not fully calculated yet, but I think I have 4 RMAC schools in the top 10 of SR4 this week!
      Who is the 4th? I'm not seeing it - based on what's happened to this point in the season.

Comment

I just got my spreadsheet up and running for the season. Using the W% + SOS formula that the SR4 committee relied heavily upon in 2019 (and the newly-approved Performance Indicator to break ties) I have:Mesa is 11th. The fourth-highest RMAC team is Chadron State at 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by d2-football-fan View Post

Who is the 4th? I'm not seeing it - based on what's happened to this point in the season.
          I wanna say Mesa is 10th in mine. But I haven't finalized it yet. Should be Wednesday or Thursday. I also don't have the spreadsheet in front of me.

Comment

Originally posted by d2-football-fan View Post
            https://www.d2football.com/top-25-poll-09-14-2021/

Mines up 2
            CSUP out

Hopefully Western and Mesa win this week and give a little more presence for the conference
            I guess we will see how Mines do against better competition. I am still taking them to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
              I just got my spreadsheet up and running for the season. Using the W% + SOS formula that the SR4 committee relied heavily upon in 2019 (and the newly-approved Performance Indicator to break ties) I have:Mesa is 11th. The fourth-highest RMAC team is Chadron State at 18th.
              I'd say you need to go back to the drawing board. No way is Mines at 10 and CWU at 4, lol. Probably a few other bad calcs in there as well. Obviously, quite a ways to go anyway. Good luck.

Comment

The numbers are still a bit wonky, but I expect them to even out. Currently 100% of CWU's SOS calculation comes from ENMU, since SFU has played no other D2 games.

Comment

As for Mines, their three opponents have combined for one win.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

I'd say you need to go back to the drawing board. No way is Mines at 10 and CWU at 4, lol. Probably a few other bad calcs in there as well. Obviously, quite a ways to go anyway. Good luck.
                    Not a big enough sample size and I would expect things to be a little out of wack this early. Time will tell and I believe those ranking positions to be dramatically different from this week to say... week 6+.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        As for Mines, their three opponents have combined for one win.
                        And even further, FLC may be fighting for the worst team in D2... they are just bad, bad this year. So very low quality win, that eventually everyone else in the RMAC will share in.

But should be a good test this week before getting into the tougher part of the conference schedule.

And no other OOC teams that have been beaten by RMAC teams are impressive at this point... William & Jewel anybody? Western New Mexico is Western's best win and they've only beaten ASC... Just not a lot of quality wins at all on the OOC docket for the entire conference - to this point. CSUP scheduled them, but couldn't pull them out.

Comment

West Texas could wind up being the best OOC win the conference has. Yikes. Certainly a big hit to the overall quality of the conference with CSUP looking so awful thus far. I know Western is improved but until they play someone I'm not sold on them. Chadron had the chance to upset Angelo and unfortunately just forgot to play the second half.

Comment

CWU will have big tests the next two weekends. I am not sure I can see them as being #4 in the utilizing the eye test.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post
                              CWU will have big tests the next two weekends. I am not sure I can see them as being #4 in the utilizing the eye test.
                              Without looking at my spreadsheet, I think I have them in the 13-15 range.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X