Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football America Yearbook ... Pre-Season Poll

I realize polls mean about as much as the promise I made to my wife to clean out the garage ... but for discussion purposes here you go:

https://minesathletics.com/news/2019...?path=football

And to admit my D2 ignorance . . I counted 16 schools in the Top 30 where I have absolutely NO CLUE what town they are in . . . and in some cases, what State they are in. I have a lot to learn about D2 and I'm looking forward to it.
    Last edited by TexasDigger; 07-17-2019, 03:16 PM.

Re: College Football America Yearbook ... Pre-Season Poll

I giggled a bit.

Comment

Mines has a pretty good team returning... a couple of the seniors on their preseason roster I'm not sure how they're still there with eligibility left. But assuming it's correct, there's a lot of talent coming back. Mayberry and three OL starters, plus a bunch on defense.

Anyone watch spring ball? Who's getting the 1st team reps at quarterback going into fall? I would assume it's Bottlinger but there was a freshman Gonzalez who got the Offensive Scout of the Year. Would he have a shot to win the starting job?

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
        Mines has a pretty good team returning... a couple of the seniors on their preseason roster I'm not sure how they're still there with eligibility left. But assuming it's correct, there's a lot of talent coming back. Mayberry and three OL starters, plus a bunch on defense.

Anyone watch spring ball? Who's getting the 1st team reps at quarterback going into fall? I would assume it's Bottlinger but there was a freshman Gonzalez who got the Offensive Scout of the Year. Would he have a shot to win the starting job?
        There is also a redshirt senior transfer from Presbyterian, where ever that is. His name is Will Brock and did start a few games. I have to agree that Bottlinger would have the advantage to be the starter.

Comment

Still giggled a bit. Surprises will be abundant.

Comment

Do share what surprises you think will be abundant. I know nothing about the RMAC except what I have learned in the past few months. I am not trying to start some internet fight - just genuinely want to learn as much as I can. It appears to me that Pueblo & Mines are head & shoulders above the rest of the RMAC in Football. But once again, that is based on a very limited amount of research and knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
              Do share what surprises you think will be abundant. I know nothing about the RMAC except what I have learned in the past few months. I am not trying to start some internet fight - just genuinely want to learn as much as I can. It appears to me that Pueblo & Mines are head & shoulders above the rest of the RMAC in Football. But once again, that is based on a very limited amount of research and knowledge.
              I giggled as putting Mines ahead (especially that far ahead) of Pueblo is silly in my opinion. Surprises wouldn't be surprises if they were shared. We'll wait for fall camp and rosters to be out.
              Last edited by Turbonium; 07-18-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by togthorn View Post
                There is also a redshirt senior transfer from Presbyterian, where ever that is. His name is Will Brock and did start a few games. I have to agree that Bottlinger would have the advantage to be the starter.
                I noticed the Brock kid too. Presbyterian College is a tiny private school in SC. They made a jump from D2 to FCS some time in the past 10 years I think. Used to be in the D2 conference I grew up in, and they were a football doormat then but decent at basketball. I don't know how they've fared in FCS. They may have changed their mascot but back then it was the "Blue Hose", which made for some interesting "Anti-PC" chants.

Comment

The RMAC Kickoff show is next week. Anyone want to talk about predictions about RMAC rankings? Offensive POY, Defensive POY, and All RMAC Teams. After Mines, Pueblo, Chadron, Mesa, it is hard for me to rank them.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
                    I noticed the Brock kid too. Presbyterian College is a tiny private school in SC. They made a jump from D2 to FCS some time in the past 10 years I think. Used to be in the D2 conference I grew up in, and they were a football doormat then but decent at basketball. I don't know how they've fared in FCS. They may have changed their mascot but back then it was the "Blue Hose", which made for some interesting "Anti-PC" chants.
                    Presbyterian hasn't come particularly close to the Big South title in either major sport, and they recently decided to drop football scholarships and join the Pioneer Football League.

Comment

I realize polls mean about as much as the promise I made to my wife to clean out the garage ... but for discussion purposes here you go:

https://minesathletics.com/news/2019...?path=football

And to admit my D2 ignorance . . I counted 16 schools in the Top 30 where I have absolutely NO CLUE what town they are in . . . and in some cases, what State they are in. I have a lot to learn about D2 and I'm looking forward to it.
                      You probably know more than those involved with the poll. And I'm not being being sarcastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        You probably know more than those involved with the poll. And I'm not being being sarcastic.

LOL . . . I just found three other Div 2 Preseason polls: Mines is as high as #9 and the lowest was #24 I believe. CSUP is as high as #7 and the lowest was #17 I believe. Chadron was the closest in the 40's in one poll. Your right though - these preseason polls are just about worthless. Lindy (I believe) had the Mines vs CSUP game as one of the top games of the year to watch. I believe they all had Valdosta State #1 so that must be a hell of team coming back.

Comment

LOL . . . I just found three other Div 2 Preseason polls: Mines is as high as #9 and the lowest was #24 I believe. CSUP is as high as #7 and the lowest was #17 I believe. Chadron was the closest in the 40's in one poll. Your right though - these preseason polls are just about worthless. Lindy (I believe) had the Mines vs CSUP game as one of the top games of the year to watch. I believe they all had Valdosta State #1 so that must be a hell of team coming back.
                          Valdosta is going to be very good again.

Comment

Originally posted by pokefan View Post
                            The RMAC Kickoff show is next week. Anyone want to talk about predictions about RMAC rankings? Offensive POY, Defensive POY, and All RMAC Teams. After Mines, Pueblo, Chadron, Mesa, it is hard for me to rank them.
                            Mayberry for OPOY, Wibbles for DPOY.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                              Mayberry for OPOY, Wibbles for DPOY.
                              Not even a close contest

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X