Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dixie's roster seems more loaded every time I start looking into individual player history. They've recruited really well.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
      Dixie's roster seems more loaded every time I start looking into individual player history. They've recruited really well.
      Seems Pueblo should be the underdogs perhaps? Facing a transfer QB from BYU, on the road in the extreme heat, against a team now recruited for FCS play. Might have to edit my pick'em...

Comment

Anyone know how the QB battle is going at Pueblo, Mines, or Mesa? Who's getting majority of 1st team snaps? That article posted by turbonium suggested Pueblo was still up in the air, but who knows if that reporter is seeing what actually goes on in practice.
        Per the Mesa website, they are going to use the law firm of Ruel, Howard and Bollinger for the old three QB rotation...that always ends well...

https://cmumavericks.com/news/2019/9...rdrockers.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Seems Pueblo should be the underdogs perhaps? Facing a transfer QB from BYU, on the road in the extreme heat, against a team now recruited for FCS play. Might have to edit my pick'em...
          Strawman ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Pueblo is going to kick their ass by 3 TD's.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardNoggin View Post

Pueblo is going to kick their ass by 3 TD's.
              Shhhhh ;) lol.

Comment

Great balls of fire! Looking at a roster and individual players history is just ok. It's how they play together in a new system with a new coaching staff. The coaching staff at Dixie State is looking towards the future ( next season or two) to get a winning program. That's why they have 3 RMAC middle of the pack/bottom dwellers on the schedule for next year. Just might be 3 easy wins for them next year out of 12 games. It's gonna be a long season for them this year and next. Pueblo by 31 points!

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

Great balls of fire! Looking at a roster and individual players history is just ok. It's how they play together in a new system with a new coaching staff. The coaching staff at Dixie State is looking towards the future ( next season or two) to get a winning program. That's why they have 3 RMAC middle of the pack/bottom dwellers on the schedule for next year. Just might be 3 easy wins for them next year out of 12 games. It's gonna be a long season for them this year and next. Pueblo by 31 points!
                  That's why I said "they've recruited really well" and not "they're going to win a lot of games".

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                    Re: RMAC Preseason Football

I don't know that their "resources" are all that great, given the size of the school. That seems to be a major issue. When they looked at going FCS, they indicated their current scholly count was 18-20. I'm sorry, but that is awful for a school this size. And the recruiting results are bearing out this resource problem.
                    Responding late here, but I agree with whodat, regarding D1, they are a long way off, but to Mountaineermagics point, CMU has arguably the nicest weight room in the conference, fantastic practice facilities, decent sponsorship support from shoe sponsors, etc., an airport that can handle travel (recruits and families of players), largest student enrollment in the RMAC, and a local population that is a nice size. Scholarships are low when compared on the national level, but in the middle of the RMAC. After losing to Eastern this past weekend, it looks like they will be middle of the pack again this year at best. Beat the lower teams, compete with the above average teams, get beat by Mines and CSU-P.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAWGS View Post

Responding late here, but I agree with whodat, regarding D1, they are a long way off, but to Mountaineermagics point, CMU has arguably the nicest weight room in the conference, fantastic practice facilities, decent sponsorship support from shoe sponsors, etc., an airport that can handle travel (recruits and families of players), largest student enrollment in the RMAC, and a local population that is a nice size. Scholarships are low when compared on the national level, but in the middle of the RMAC. After losing to Eastern this past weekend, it looks like they will be middle of the pack again this year at best. Beat the lower teams, compete with the above average teams, get beat by Mines and CSU-P.
                      I'll take Pueblo's weight room but rest is valid.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X