Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 8 thoughts

Down goes Mines 26-21 in GJ. Next week will be huge in the Bowl.

other scores-
    WCU 42-21 over SDM
    CSC 60-7 over FLC
    NMHU 24-10 over BHSU
    CSUP 35-28 over ASU
    Last edited by mountaineermagic; 10-23-2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Very poor play from Mines. O-line was beat consistently on even 3 man rushes. This has been the weakest mines team i have seen in my 4 years here, yet somehow they were ranked #3. offence is simply not very threatening like it has been in the past. Good job to Mesa

Comment

Originally posted by pico View Post
        Very poor play from Mines. O-line was beat consistently on even 3 man rushes. This has been the weakest mines team i have seen in my 4 years here, yet somehow they were ranked #3. offence is simply not very threatening like it has been in the past. Good job to Mesa
        Everyone in front of them keeps losing, crazy year of football.

Comment

Originally posted by pico View Post
          Agreed. I'd even go so far as to say the O-Line play has been declining steadily the past several weeks.

Comment

I hadn't realized that Mesa held Mines scoreless in the 2nd half. The Mountaineers will have their hands full.

Comment

Easy upset pick. Mines is barely a top 25 team based on watching other D2 games. If they play anyone solid in the playoffs they won't move past the first round. Same goes for any team in the conference I've watched.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                Easy upset pick. Mines is barely a top 25 team based on watching other D2 games. If they play anyone solid in the playoffs they won't move past the first round. Same goes for any team in the conference I've watched.
                I agree completely. None look like they'd be competitive outside the RMAC.

Comment

Originally posted by CSM alum 1993 View Post

I agree completely. None look like they'd be competitive outside the RMAC.
                  Which is unfortunate. The RMAC needs to start winning OOC games and being competitive in the playoffs. I'm not sure what Mines lost since 2019 due to the weird covid year, but I really thought they were ready to take the next step.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Which is unfortunate. The RMAC needs to start winning OOC games and being competitive in the playoffs. I'm not sure what Mines lost since 2019 due to the weird covid year, but I really thought they were ready to take the next step.
                    I did as well. I can honestly say there hasn't been a game this season with the exception of the laugher versus Ft. Lewis that they've looked like the 2019 team, the OL especially.

Comment

Fort Lewis' offense has to be the worst offense I have ever seen in my life. I watched the entire game versus Chadron, and it seemed like half of Fort Lewis' plays were for negative yards. Fort Lewis had -25 rushing yards, 51 passing yards, and 26 total yards. They never came close to the red zone, I am not sure if they ever even crossed the 50 yardline. Their 7 points came off a pick 6.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                        Fort Lewis' offense has to be the worst offense I have ever seen in my life. I watched the entire game versus Chadron, and it seemed like half of Fort Lewis' plays were for negative yards. Fort Lewis had -25 rushing yards, 51 passing yards, and 26 total yards. They never came close to the red zone, I am not sure if they ever even crossed the 50 yardline. Their 7 points came off a pick 6.
                        FLC needs to become the option team of the RMAC or else all the funding will go to soccer and basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
                          Can't argue. I watched bits and pieces of it - at one point I had all 5 RMAC games streaming at the same time - and concluded their biggest offensive failure is the OL. Those five are big, and probably have some impressive weight room selfies, but they are slow, unathletic, and rarely took more than two or three steps. I never once saw any getting to the second level on a rushing play and rarely even getting into a three point stance. An offseason of conditioning and footwork drills would do them a world of good, IMO.

Comment

This weekend just goes to show that any team can beat the other this year exception being Ft. Lewis. Well, they get to play CSUP next in Durango and everyone knows that Pueblo has had trouble in the past in Durango. No one is afraid of Pueblo this year. Congrats to Mesa beating CO Mines. We now have a tie at the top of the conference standings. Looks like the RMAC is having a down year. Well a lot of the better teams are having a down year in Division 2 football! It's gonna be an interesting next 3 weeks.

Comment

I see the RMAC getting only one team into the playoffs this year. And they probably wont get past the first round.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X