Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any early info from camps?

Anyone watching practice yet? If so what are we seeing?

Re: Any early info from camps?

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
    Anyone watching practice yet? If so what are we seeing?
    New coordinators at The Rock are going to make the Eagles better I think. Offensively they will be better. Juco lineman they got seems to be a good one. Need a couple of other young offensive linemen to step up to build depth. Defensively the Eagles should be improved. Can't wait to take a trip to Spearfish for that week 1 game.

Comment

I think Pueblo will have more than a running game this year and a transfer WR in Dionte Sykes that should dominate if they can get the ball to him (and he mentally buys into being in Pueblo). The RB group is again looking very good, possibly more talented and deeper than last year - D.J. Penick (https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6009) should be fun to watch as well as transfer Nick Bingham. Entire OL returns as well. I am going to guess that Gunnar Lamphere wins the starting job at QB and gives a dual threat the Pack hasn't had maybe ever. This is simply a guess though.

On defense they have a lot to replace. Really interested to see how CU transfer Frank Umu does along the DL (https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5969) and have heard Trey Botts has had a great summer. Those two will give Pueblo size along the DL it hasn't really had before. Wibbels is also back at DE after leading the conference in sacks last year. LB group will be replacing who I think is the best to play at Pueblo in Brandon Payer but another transfer in Christian Shaver should help along with the returning guys who saw the field quite a bit last year. Secondary is going to be fast and well coached as always thanks to Coach Leo.

Couple of other transfers should be difference makers too but we shall see, the season will be full of early tests with @Chadron, vs. Mines, vs. Commerce in weeks 2 through 4. If they lose any of those it puts a lot of pressure on them going forward with Mesa still to come and a trip to Durango.

If QB play is where it needs to be at a program like Pueblo they will be in the playoff picture.
      Last edited by Turbonium; 08-11-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        I think Pueblo will have more than a running game this year and a transfer WR in Dionte Sykes that should dominate if they can get the ball to him (and he mentally buys into being in Pueblo). The RB group is again looking very good, possibly more talented and deeper than last year - D.J. Penick (https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=6009) should be fun to watch as well as transfer Nick Bingham. Entire OL returns as well. I am going to guess that Gunnar Lamphere wins the starting job at QB and gives a dual threat the Pack hasn't had maybe ever. This is simply a guess though.

On defense they have a lot to replace. Really interested to see how CU transfer Frank Umu does along the DL (https://gothunderwolves.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5969) and have heard Trey Botts has had a great summer. Those two will give Pueblo size along the DL it hasn't really had before. Wibbels is also back at DE after leading the conference in sacks last year. LB group will be replacing who I think is the best to play at Pueblo in Brandon Payer but another transfer in Christian Shaver should help along with the returning guys who saw the field quite a bit last year. Secondary is going to be fast and well coached as always thanks to Coach Leo.

Couple of other transfers should be difference makers too but we shall see, the season will be full of early tests with @Chadron, vs. Mines, vs. Commerce in weeks 2 through 4. If they lose any of those it puts a lot of pressure on them going forward with Mesa still to come and a trip to Durango.

If QB play is where it needs to be at a program like Pueblo they will be in the playoff picture.
        The question is, will Gunnar stay on the good side with QB coach McCarty? Kitna should challenge Lamphere to be a better QB. Nod to Gunnar at this point. The rest of the offense is very good.

Many holes to fill in the DL and LB positions. Should not be much of a problem. DL may be undersized, but as usual the quickness will be the determining factor. LB's have many returning with experience. Coach Leo will have the DB's ready for anything as normal.

Punter is the BIG question mark.

Will the kicker Carter put a football on the roof at Chadron on an extra point?

Will McCarty turn the offense loose or play it safe. Will Leo blitz like crazy and have fun doing it? How many blocked punts and extra point/field goals this year? We will see.

Comment

Camp opens tomorrow for the Mountaineers. Excited to see if they can crack .500 in the conference this year. With some luck and avoidance of injuries its possible.

Comment

Pueblo held their usual midnight run test last night to kickoff their camp, sure makes me not miss running.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
              Pueblo held their usual midnight run test last night to kickoff their camp, sure makes me not miss running.

https://twitter.com/CSUPFootball/sta...41603420176384

Comment

Camps have been great - plenty of fish, great scenery, decent weather, good company.....

:smile-big:

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X