3 Central Washington 5-1 5-1
    4 Midwestern State 5-1 6-1
    5 Angelo State 6-2 7-2
    6 Western Colorado 8-1 8-1
    7 Bemidji State 7-2 7-2
    8 Minnesota Duluth 7-2 7-2
    9 Colorado Mesa 5-2 6-2
    10 Northern State 7-2 7-2

I'm mildly surprised that Mines moved up and that Mesa didn't fall more. Looks like RMAC could rep 2 if WCO can win out - and Mines needs to not trip up.

Originally posted by d2-football-fan View Post
    SUPER REGION FOUR
    1 Colorado School of Mines 8-1 8-1
    2 Augustana (SD) 8-1 8-1
    3 Central Washington 5-1 5-1
    4 Midwestern State 5-1 6-1
    5 Angelo State 6-2 7-2
    6 Western Colorado 8-1 8-1
    7 Bemidji State 7-2 7-2
    8 Minnesota Duluth 7-2 7-2
    9 Colorado Mesa 5-2 6-2
    10 Northern State 7-2 7-2

I'm mildly surprised that Mines moved up and that Mesa didn't fall more. Looks like RMAC could rep 2 if WCO can win out - and Mines needs to not trip up.
    As being reported by NCAA.com. Lots of elimination games this week.

1. Colorado Mines 7-1: @ CSU-Pueblo (6-3), vs. Adams State (0-9)
    2. Augustana 8-1 : @ Minnesota Duluth (7-2), vs. Minnesota State (2-7)
    3. Central Washington 5-1: @ Western New Mexico (1-7), vs. Simon Frazier (0-4)
    4. Midwestern State 6-1: @ West Texas A&M (4-4), vs UTPB (4-2)
    5. Angelo State 7-2: vs. Texas A&M-Commerce (6-3), @ Texas A&M-Kingsville (3-4)
    6. Western Colorado 8-1: vs. Lincoln (CA), vs. CSU-Pueblo (6-3)
    7. Bemidji State 7-2 : @ Northern State (7-2), vs. Mary (3-6)
    8. Minnesota Duluth 7-2: vs. Augustana (8-1), vs. Northern State (7-2)
    9. Colorado Mesa 6-2: vs. Black Hills State (3-5), @ South Dakota School of Mines and Technology (3-4)
    10. Northern State 7-2: vs. Bemidji State (7-2), @ Minnesota Duluth (7-2)

Remaining 2 loss teams:
    UTPB 4-2: vs. Texas A&M-Kingsville (3-4), @ Midwestern State (6-1)

Remaining 3 loss teams:
    Wayne State (Neb.) 6-3: vs. Sioux Falls (6-3), @ MSU-Moorhead (4-5)
    Sioux Falls 6-3: @ Wayne State (6-3), vs. Upper Iowa (1-8)
    CSU-Pueblo 6-3: vs. Colorado Mines (7-1), @ Western Colorado (8-1)
    Texas A&M-Commerce 6-3: @ Angelo State (7-2), vs. Eastern New Mexico (2-6)

Comment

I'm not about Mesa. They played a quality opponent. The biggest issue they have, besides a dumb loss to Pueblo, is that they only play 10 games. The final formula always hurts 10-game teams.

Western likely won't move up at the end, if the other teams win out, because a poor-quality Lincoln game will be offset by the Pueblo game (assuming they win, which they will).

I can't see CWU staying that high, playing only 8 games and playing bad teams to finish out.

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post

I'm not about Mesa. They played a quality opponent. The biggest issue they have, besides a dumb loss to Pueblo, is that they only play 10 games. The final formula always hurts 10-game teams.

Western likely won't move up at the end, if the other teams win out, because a poor-quality Lincoln game will be offset by the Pueblo game (assuming they win, which they will).

I can't see CWU staying that high, playing only 8 games and playing bad teams to finish out.
        I agree... completely

That being said, with all of the inter-games between the other teams right around Mesa, it's possible that they all end up 8-3, which would favor Mesa, assuming they win out.
        - 10 plays 7 & 8, not unrealistic that they go 1-1 (Mesa is screwed if they go 2-0)
        - 8 plays 2 & 10. Again, very possible to go 1-1 or even 0-2. Question is what happens to Augustana if they lose to UMD
        - 7 plays 10 & losing record. 1-1 definitely knocks them out.

I can see the path for Mesa, but they have to win out and get the right wins / losses by other teams.

Agree with CWU, but they won't fall below an RMAC team.

Angelo could be in a bad spot if they lose to Commerce.

Based on other schedules, Mines should be safe at #1 if they win out, since Augustana also plays one winning team and one losing team.

Potentially a big couple of weeks for the RMAC. I don't think they are national contenders, but I'd still rather see three teams in, than two or one

Comment

What happens if Pueblo wins out I wonder, those would be 2 pretty solid wins to end the year on and they would then hold H2H over Mesa and Western.

Comment

My question is who plays Mines if Mesa wins out, Pueblo loses to Mines and beats Western? We would have three teams with two in conference losses and depending on RMACs tie-breaking protocol any of them could end up competing for the RMAC championship.

Can anyone know the RMAC football tiebreak rules? I scoured the internet and could not find anything.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewisTillIDie View Post
              My question is who plays Mines if Mesa wins out, Pueblo loses to Mines and beats Western? We would have three teams with two in conference losses and depending on RMACs tie-breaking protocol any of them could end up competing for the RMAC championship.

Can anyone know the RMAC football tiebreak rules? I scoured the internet and could not find anything.
              There are no tiebreak rules. It would be a 3 way conference champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

There are no tiebreak rules. It would be a 3 way conference champion.
                That's correct. Further, who makes the playoffs would simply be whoever was ranked higher in the regional rankings at the end of the season, or multiple if multiple were in the top 7.

Winning a conference championship and qualifying for the playoffs are unrelated (except for earned access... which is a whole other thing). It would be completely possible for there to be a 3-way tie and only one team qualify for the playoffs, or for there to be a single champion and multiple teams qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                  What happens if Pueblo wins out I wonder, those would be 2 pretty solid wins to end the year on and they would then hold H2H over Mesa and Western.
                  I agree those would be two salty wins to end the season. But... they would still be dragging around 3 losses. That then becomes a question for regional rankings and CSUP passing all the other RMAC teams, including Mines, who presumably would only have 2 losses. It would definitely generate a LOT of conversation!

Comment

I agree those would be two salty wins to end the season. But... they would still be dragging around 3 losses. That then becomes a question for regional rankings and CSUP passing all the other RMAC teams, including Mines, who presumably would only have 2 losses. It would definitely generate a LOT of conversation!
                    For sure, I don't think it happens and even if it does I don't think it gets them in... just makes things interesting.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X