Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RedShirt Rules in D2

Are the Redshirt rules the same in D2 as in D1? Asking for a friend . . . . And yes, I have Googled it and found contradictory answers.

Re: RedShirt Rules in D2

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
    Are the Redshirt rules the same in D2 as in D1? Asking for a friend . . . . And yes, I have Googled it and found contradictory answers.
    Not exactly, but concept is basically the same as far as I understand it

"Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career."

"Division II 10-semester/15-quarter clock: If you play at a Division II or III school, you have the first 10 semesters or 15 quarters in which you are enrolled as a full-time student to complete your four seasons of competition. You use a semester or quarter any time you attend class as a fulltime student or are enrolled part-time and compete for the school. You do not use a term if you only attend part-time with no competition or are not enrolled for a term."

So you can RS and you don't lose anything as far as eligibility goes. You then have 8 semesters left of eligibility or what would be a normal 4 years of football barring injury which can grant a medical RS.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
      Not exactly, but concept is basically the same as far as I understand it

"Division I five-year clock: If you play at a Division I school, you have five-calendar years in which to play four seasons of competition. Your five-year clock starts when you enroll as a full-time student at any college. Thereafter, your clock continues, even if you spend an academic year in residence as a result of transferring; decide to red shirt, if you do not attend school or even if you go part-time during your college career."

"Division II 10-semester/15-quarter clock: If you play at a Division II or III school, you have the first 10 semesters or 15 quarters in which you are enrolled as a full-time student to complete your four seasons of competition. You use a semester or quarter any time you attend class as a fulltime student or are enrolled part-time and compete for the school. You do not use a term if you only attend part-time with no competition or are not enrolled for a term."

So you can RS and you don't lose anything as far as eligibility goes. You then have 8 semesters left of eligibility or what would be a normal 4 years of football barring injury which can grant a medical RS.
      How does Comm. Coll. playing time impact this? Just like playing/sitting at a D2 school?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
        How does Comm. Coll. playing time impact this? Just like playing/sitting at a D2 school?
        I'm not at all sure about CC.

Comment

I will be more specific: Can a young man play in up to 4 games and still be redshirted in Div 2 . . . . in Div 1 for example, a Freshman can play IN up to 4 games and still keep his redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDigger View Post
            I will be more specific: Can a young man play in up to 4 games and still be redshirted in Div 2 . . . . in Div 1 for example, a Freshman can play IN up to 4 games and still keep his redshirt.
            No. That does not apply to D2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X