Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nebraska Kearney at Western Colorado

Still trying to figure this out. Central Washington traveling to meet NW Missouri out of region and Kearney traveling out of region to meet Western. I thinking $$$$. Should be a good game for Western and Kearney. But Central Washington against NW MO.? Asking a lot for a team that has to travel half way across the country to play. But I guess that beats playing at the highest elevation of any college football field.

An old RMAC foe. The last Western win against the Lopers came during the Zenisek years in 2003 in Gunnison. UNK is 11-6 all-time against Western. The Mountaineers will have their hands full with the option with a probable Harlon Hill finalist in Colorado Spring's TJ Davis. He's an electric player that will be fun to see in person.

Comment

Western going to have to figure out their OL, gave up far too many sacks against a Pueblo team that wasn't exactly dominate up front all year. That's probably the biggest surprise in watching them yesterday. They'll be facing a team that's played several more talented teams throughout the year already. They'll need to be just about perfect to have a chance in this one, but it could happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
        Western going to have to figure out their OL, gave up far too many sacks against a Pueblo team that wasn't exactly dominate up front all year. That's probably the biggest surprise in watching them yesterday. They'll be facing a team that's played several more talented teams throughout the year already. They'll need to be just about perfect to have a chance in this one, but it could happen.
        Desch held on to the ball way too long yesterday. The dropped long td pass on the first drive really threw the passing game out of wack it seemed. The missed field goals by CSUP haunted them. I don't know if Western has ever beaten an MIAA team. I'll have to comb through Massey.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post

Desch held on to the ball way too long yesterday. The dropped long td pass on the first drive really threw the passing game out of wack it seemed. The missed field goals by CSUP haunted them. I don't know if Western has ever beaten an MIAA team. I'll have to comb through Massey.
          Pueblo was 10-20 on FGs on the season, literally every aspect of their team took several steps back this year. I'm not sure they get back to the dominance that became expected from them any time soon.

I expected much more of the Western defense as well, especially with Pueblo not having their QB available, hopefully they can make a game of things as I just don't see that offense being able to do much. But, it's a step forward for Western so no matter what happens against the Lopers it has of course been a great year for them.

Comment

Pueblo was 10-20 on FGs on the season, literally every aspect of their team took several steps back this year. I'm not sure they get back to the dominance that became expected from them any time soon.

I expected much more of the Western defense as well, especially with Pueblo not having their QB available, hopefully they can make a game of things as I just don't see that offense being able to do much. But, it's a step forward for Western so no matter what happens against the Lopers it has of course been a great year for them.

Comment

Yawn. I'm going to guess you didn't watch the game, or much of the struggles Pueblo had on offense the entire season.

I've seen some very talented defenses in D2, I sort of expected Western to have made that step towards being a dominating defense. That simply was not the case.

Comment

Comment

Yawn. I'm going to guess you didn't watch the game, or much of the struggles Pueblo had on offense the entire season.

I've seen some very talented defenses in D2, I sort of expected Western to have made that step towards being a dominating defense. That simply was not the case.
                  Last edited by Gridiron Bobby; 11-14-2021, 08:36 PM.

Comment

If people weren't sharing opinions message boards would be so much fun wouldn't they? Pueblo did what they did all year, they had key penalties, unforced mistakes at inopportune times, and missed FGs. Western simply by no means looks like a top 15 team in the country or a team that would normally have a home playoff game in SR4. Disagree if you'd like, that's simply an opinion from watching a lot of D2 football. If you take said opinion as arrogance it sounds more like a you problem than a me problem.

Comment

If people weren't sharing opinions message boards would be so much fun wouldn't they? Pueblo did what they did all year, they had key penalties, unforced mistakes at inopportune times, and missed FGs. Western simply by no means looks like a top 15 team in the country or a team that would normally have a home playoff game in SR4. Disagree if you'd like, that's simply an opinion from watching a lot of D2 football. If you take said opinion as arrogance it sounds more like a you problem than a me problem.

Comment

You're now seemingly just looking to argue for some reason.
                        Have fun with that.

Comment

You're now seemingly just looking to argue for some reason.
                          Have fun with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                            Still trying to figure this out. Central Washington traveling to meet NW Missouri out of region and Kearney traveling out of region to meet Western. I thinking $$$$. Should be a good game for Western and Kearney. But Central Washington against NW MO.? Asking a lot for a team that has to travel half way across the country to play. But I guess that beats playing at the highest elevation of any college football field.
                            That is in the D2 bi laws.

They can even change the seeding within a region to reduce travel costs. They did with Tarelton and Commerce in 2019

In 2019, the DII football committee changed the seeding process. The changes were in the No. 5-7 seeds, where the committee has the flexibility to move those teams out of region or in-region to a closer destination to cut down on flights. For example, the traditional No. 2 vs. 7 and No. 4 vs. 5 regional matchups could become No. 2 vs. 5 and No. 4 vs. 7 if the travel plans make more sense. For more on those changes, click here for our interview with the committee.
                            Last edited by AngeloFan; 11-14-2021, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Are you saying they win their playoff game then? Surely they should have no problem doing so with an amazing defense that held Pueblo to 7 points. How do you think the game goes?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X