Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Packfootball;n636466]
    Originally posted by ASUPops View Post

ASUPops, you are not worth my time or effort! But I do enjoy reading what you post.
    EXACTLY what I thought!!

And it is not "THEY", ONE WT fan said "Mines isn't that good". He has no clue what he is talking about.

You portrayed it like the LSC is bashing Mines,and talking sh!t and that is absolutely untrue.

Have a good day.

#GoRams

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n636619]
      Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

EXACTLY what I thought!!

And it is not "THEY", ONE WT fan said "Mines isn't that good". He has no clue what he is talking about.

You portrayed it like the LSC is bashing Mines,and talking sh!t and that is absolutely untrue.

Have a good day.

#GoRams
      ASUPops It's fortunate Brandon and crew does a board refresh every couple of years. Otherwise there would be 100+ posts of your quotes to criticize and laugh at especially in the mid 2010's.

To me Mines looked average at best against WT, Mesa, and Western Colorado. Angelo looked the same the middle of the year. I shouldnt have used the phrase "Mine's isn't that great".

I was proven wrong by both teams. Congrats to Mines and good luck against Ferris. Great season Angelo State

Comment

Great game Orediggers! ASU played a good game and have a lot to build on going forward. Excited for the semi-finals!

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo/Islander Alum;n637081]

ASUPops It's fortunate Brandon and crew does a board refresh every couple of years. Otherwise there would be 100+ posts of your quotes to criticize and laugh at especially in the mid 2010's.

To me Mines looked average at best against WT, Mesa, and Western Colorado. Angelo looked the same the middle of the year. I shouldnt have used the phrase "Mine's isn't that great".

I was proven wrong by both teams. Congrats to Mines and good luck against Ferris. Great season Angelo State
          More unsubstantiated banter!!

Just take it on the chin like a man and move on!!

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n636402]
            Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
            OK, from what I have read so far, A lot of folks think ASU has a better than average chance of beating Mines at their place. Elevation has no bearing on the game. Weather should be fine for the game. So on and so forth. They are also putting Colorado Mines down as having a down season. Well 11 - 1 ain't bad. I guess is does not matter that they destroyed Bemidji St last week. But of course the folks in the NSIC put themselves down to a bad year. I have read that the RMAC is having a down year also. Well lets look at the past, at how well Angelo St has done in the state of Colorado in the playoffs. Ok, I will be nice and not post the score against CSUP. Should be an entertaining game. I expect whoever gets out front first by a couple of TD's will have an advantage the rest of the game. OK, lets have your thoughts. Mines by 14.[/QUhone.

Pack, you know I always enjoyed your posts and opinions.......BUT on this, you're full of CRAP....LOL. NO ONE on the LSC board said any such thing.

I'll wait while you provide the link.........(and eat crow if you do)

Not my fault YOUR team sucked this year. Go back and relive 2014. You won't see it again in your lifetime. LMAO.

In my opinion, Mines should EASILY win this game at home.
            All it takes is one, and it was on the LSC board for all to see. The one was sorry for what he said.about Mines in a latter post on the LSC board. I guess PETA might get mad at you if you eat crow, so you do not have to. But a picture with black feathers out of your mouth would be funny. Like I said, the team that gets ahead by a couple of TD's will have an advantage the rest of the game. Yes, we had a bad season, but not complaining about it. How many football natty's does ASU have?

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n637195]
              Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

You said it!

Comment

[QUOTE=ASUPops;n637195]
                Originally posted by Buffalo/Islander Alum View Post

ASUPops There are a few posters on here that I know you don't want calling your bluff. I know it. You know it. Like I said be thankful that the board is purged every couple of years.

I guess you didn't know what you were talking about in 2014 when you were yapping about Angelo beating Pueblo or Commerce a few years later.

As always I admit when I am wrong. Mines won the region fair and square. They will be a huge underdog to Ferris St. I hope they play well and earn an ESPN appearance.

Good luck to Mines the rest of the way.

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo/Islander Alum;n637309]

ASUPops There are a few posters on here that I know you don't want calling your bluff. I know it. You know it. Like I said be thankful that the board is purged every couple of years.

I guess you didn't know what you were talking about in 2014 when you were yapping about Angelo beating Pueblo or Commerce a few years later.

As always I admit when I am wrong. Mines won the region fair and square. They will be a huge underdog to Ferris St. I hope they play well and earn an ESPN appearance.

It will be great to play Ferris, but Mines needs to get past Valdosta first on ESPN plus.

Comment

Just finished watching the game and I have to admit I was pulling for ASU not because I prefer to play them, but because when the Arkansas teams left our conference with 5 teams several years ago, [to start the GAC with some Oklahoma teams] the LSC did a schedule arrangement with the GSC for a couple years. So I kinda pull for them against other conferences out of gratitude. But, the better team won the game handily even though the final score made it seem like a game.

Most folks have VSU at the #2 seed & Mines at #3. Although he isn't quite sure, Inkblot has us at #1 and CSM at #4. Either way it's looking like we may get a visit from CSM next week. It seems like that is your preference :) I advise you to be careful what you wish for.

According to Massey (not including this week's activities), Shepherd would be an easier game for us (80% win probability) than CSM (68%). That being the case I'm hoping to get Mines because tough opponents make teams tougher.

If you beat us I assure you, you will be ready for Ferris and if we manage a win, I'm sure you will have helped us become a better team. I'd rather you help us than help FSU so hope to see you next week.

Oh BTW, congratulations for making it to the semifinals, you played well today.

Comment

So it's sort of official, Mines will be travelling to Valdosta. This from a VSU D2 Forum member that would know, he's a part of the broadcast team.

Comment

[QUOTE=Buffalo/Islander Alum;n637309]

*YAWN*

NEXT.......
                        Last edited by ASUPops; 12-05-2021, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                          Just finished watching the game and I have to admit I was pulling for ASU not because I prefer to play them, but because when the Arkansas teams left our conference with 5 teams several years ago, [to start the GAC with some Oklahoma teams] the LSC did a schedule arrangement with the GSC for a couple years. So I kinda pull for them against other conferences out of gratitude. But, the better team won the game handily even though the final score made it seem like a game.

Most folks have VSU at the #2 seed & Mines at #3. Although he isn't quite sure, Inkblot has us at #1 and CSM at #4. Either way it's looking like we may get a visit from CSM next week. It seems like that is your preference :) I advise you to be careful what you wish for.

According to Massey (not including this week's activities), Shepherd would be an easier game for us (80% win probability) than CSM (68%). That being the case I'm hoping to get Mines because tough opponents make teams tougher.

If you beat us I assure you, you will be ready for Ferris and if we manage a win, I'm sure you will have helped us become a better team. I'd rather you help us than help FSU so hope to see you next week.

Oh BTW, congratulations for making it to the semifinals, you played well today.
                          I had seen the Twitter announcement from D2 when I made the post. No preference but Georgia is warmer this time of year. As a fan and alumni I am happy to see these kids make it to this level. Valdosta is consistently one of the best teams in the nation and will be one of the toughest opponents Mines will face this year.

Comment

Congratulations, Mines, certainly an unexpected result to me but much deserved. Best of luck in the semis!

Comment

Originally posted by d2-football-fan View Post

I watched the playoff recap show from D2Football on FB... well let's just say they spent more time talking about what Augustana would have done to Mines IF they had made it, than what Mines actually did to Bemidji. Slightly shocking, and disappointing, but here we are.

Interesting matchup. I still think the LSC is a streaky 3-point shooter and it just depends on which night you catch them. Eli Manning made a whole career out of two great playoff runs - it happens.

Bemidji, and Alt, had been smoking hot and having unbelievable offensive seasons, and then put up 6 points - on a kick return for a touchdown - against Mines. Their defense was locked in. But, Angelo has only given up 21 points in two playoff games so far - they're not struggling on that side of the ball themselves.

Statistically, these two teams are amazingly similar. They are both effective and efficient on offense (passing game efficiency favors Mines, but explosiveness favors Angelo). They are both very stingy against the run, both in total yards and yards per carry. They both bend on defense but don't give up a ton of points. They both won the turnover battle for the season by a large amount. Angelo did suffer more penalties by a reasonable margin, and that can be significant in a playoff atmosphere. But in most basic statistical ways, these teams are really close.

They have had 2 common opponents:
                              West Texas:
                              Mines won 21-13
                              Angelo lost 15-31

Chadron:
                              Mines won 34-7
                              Angelo won 28-24 (after trailing 0-24)

Looking quickly down rosters, neither teams appears to have an obvious size advantage.

This game has the looks of being one where we look back and one or two plays completely changed the game (Mines 2 years ago with 2 turnovers inside the +5 yard line). It's never easy to predict when / how those big moments will happen and to whose advantage.

My hope is that the physical nature of the game makes altitude a factor late and Mines can make one more play than Angelo.

Mines 27-23
                              Since our show has been misrepresented here....I'm going to reply..

Actually we (myself) spoke about Mines for just over 2 minutes and then spoke about Augie probably being the best team from the NSIC for just shy of a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Since our show has been misrepresented here....I'm going to reply..

Actually we (myself) spoke about Mines for just over 2 minutes and then spoke about Augie probably being the best team from the NSIC for just shy of a minute.
                                I don't think misrepresented is the right word - for the whole show. There was indeed very little said about Mines in general, without it being more of a referendum on Bemidji or Augustana.

But, I do 100% agree that you have been the most vocal about Mines (recapping games and giving love to Zemen), although Kris got in a bit since he attended the last game. As a whole, however, it has been a bit of skip and chat about the more interesting topics of the day. I know, Mines is the new kid to the big show and these other teams have the bigger history and expectations associated with them. Perhaps a bit of the hosts being representatives of their respective conferences and being more comfortable chatting about them as well. But on a 2 hour show to reply about 2 minutes, my point isn't completely off base.

In the bigger picture, I am thankful to have a place where I can get some D2 knowledge and perspective. So while I recognize that respect is earned - with regards to the RMAC or Mines getting more love - I would tune in even if there were no RMAC representatives still playing (and even less air time LOLOL). Thanks to taking the time to share with the community every week!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X