Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLC new HC

https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...ootball-coach/

He sounds like the right guy for the job, I hope the college provides him the resources he needs to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by twolfbenchwarmer View Post
      He sounds like the right guy for the job, I hope the college provides him the resources he needs to be successful.
      Like improving Ray Dennison Field? That stadium sucks. Which is too bad because it's way the most beautiful setting in the RMAC, and there are some gorgeous settings in this conference.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Like improving Ray Dennison Field? That stadium sucks. Which is too bad because it's way the most beautiful setting in the RMAC, and there are some gorgeous settings in this conference.
        Like scholarship numbers and assistant coaches pay. I think those are the biggest barriers to winning in Durango.

Comment

FLC gets Shay McClure as DC. Former coach at Humboldt and Dixie.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
            FLC gets Shay McClure as DC. Former coach at Humboldt and Dixie.
            How the mighty have fallen

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

How the mighty have fallen
              Was DC in the NSIC last year at Southwest Minnesota State. Made definite improvements to the unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

Was DC in the NSIC last year at Southwest Minnesota State. Made definite improvements to the unit.
                I'm sure he's a decent DC. Just pointing out he went from a winning HC at an about-to-be D1 to DC at a pretty good D2 to DC at a bottom tier D2 in a span of like 5 years, give or take.

Couldn't be related to his reputation at all.

Comment

Coach Mac is a good guy, I think that was a great addition to the FLC staff.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnequaFats View Post

Completely agree, tied with the Mountaineer Bowl for the second worst field I played on in the RMAC. The only field that was worse was Highlands before the RMAC forced them to get new turf

Comment

Originally posted by HardRockin'Nerd View Post

Completely agree, tied with the Mountaineer Bowl for the second worst field I played on in the RMAC. The only field that was worse was Highlands before the RMAC forced them to get new turf
                      I can't speak to field conditions, but the stadium itself is nicer in Gunnison. For the fans anyway. I know the away locker rooms are ridiculously far away from the field at Mountaineer Bowl. I love the tailgate hill you all have at SDM&T. That is pretty awesome.

Comment

https://www.durangoherald.com/articl...-flc-football/
                        It really looks like Fort Lewis made a great hire. He's saying all the right things.

Comment

Just saw yesterday that FLC posted their schedule and Arizona Christian is the home opener and only non-conference game. Should be a good way to start the season before Highlands in LV week 2.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X