Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tsull View Post

So we put up good numbers at a great football school to go transfer? What the hell is he looking for?
    Lol, there is a lot more to choosing a college than it being a "great" football school.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Lol, there is a lot more to choosing a college than it being a "great" football school.
      Fair enough, but the school he transferred to is rated the same or lower than the one he transferred from in academics. I wonder just what a lot of these portal guys are looking for. This dude has been hyped up on the old GNAC threads for a long time and frankly, he's probably just not very good.

Comment

1:Mines
        2:Western
        3:Pueblo
        4:Mesa
        5:Highlands
        6:SD Mines
        7:Chadron
        8:Black Hills State
        9:Fort Lewis
        10:Adams State

I think Mines is the clear divisional leader with some great offensive players (Matocha, Carp, Zeman) and an awesome defense. Likely they lose to Grand Valley but if they can bounce back (or even win) they will be one of the toughest teams in the RMAC.

Western looked great last year and they have a largely intact team so they may be the biggest hurdle Mines has to face in the division.

One of the lower ranked teams I am excited to see more of is NM Highlands, they played fast and loose last year and nearly beat Mines. Hope they do better this year.

I am optimistically putting Fort Lewis second to last, though they probably deserve 10th. I hope the coach will give them some life as they looked truly dead last year.

Comment

Originally posted by FortLewisTillIDie View Post
          1:Mines
          2:Western
          3:Pueblo
          4:Mesa
          5:Highlands
          6:SD Mines
          7:Chadron
          8:Black Hills State
          9:Fort Lewis
          10:Adams State

I think Mines is the clear divisional leader with some great offensive players (Matocha, Carp, Zeman) and an awesome defense. Likely they lose to Grand Valley but if they can bounce back (or even win) they will be one of the toughest teams in the RMAC.

Western looked great last year and they have a largely intact team so they may be the biggest hurdle Mines has to face in the division.

One of the lower ranked teams I am excited to see more of is NM Highlands, they played fast and loose last year and nearly beat Mines. Hope they do better this year.

I am optimistically putting Fort Lewis second to last, though they probably deserve 10th. I hope the coach will give them some life as they looked truly dead last year.

I'm not trying to troll. Why do you think that it's likely that Mines loses to GV? Is it just because it's a road game? I ask since you mentioned "likely" instead of possibly. I'm not sure as to what you mean by "bounce back." Bounce from what?

I suspect that you might think that Pueblo also loses to GV then? Or do you believe otherwise at it's a home game for CSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I'm not trying to troll. Why do you think that it's likely that Mines loses to GV? Is it just because it's a road game? I ask since you mentioned "likely" instead of possibly. I'm not sure as to what you mean by "bounce back." Bounce from what?

I suspect that you might think that Pueblo also loses to GV then? Or do you believe otherwise at it's a home game for CSU?
            Pueblo didn't look like they belonged on the same field as GV last year, I expect the same next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I think it being a road game is a big reason why. Additionally, we understand that GV was a younger team last year so we expect improvement over their already high performance last year, unless the transfer portal beat them up. Also, Ferris was such a juggernaut last year that it is hard to gauge the quality of the opponents they beat relative to the other side of the bracket. So playing a top flight team, that is expected to be better, on the road has Mines and RMAC fans apprehensive about that game. A loss there could certainly take the wind out of the sails so bouncing back from a week one loss against GV would be required since their week 2 opponent is Angelo State in a quarterfinal rematch from a year ago.

Comment

Comment

Did you attend the spring game? Was it bad?

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post

Did you attend the spring game? Was it bad?

Comment

I think their recruiting lacks a strategy because it's hard for most people these days to wrap their minds around living in Chadron, Nebraska. Realistically, I don't know what you do with that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
                          1) C Mines
                          2) CSUP
                          3) C Mesa U
                          4) WCU
                          5) Chadron SU
                          6) SDM
                          7) BHSU
                          8) NMHU
                          9) ASU
                          10) FLC

3 & 4 could flip. New HC at Mesa and Western had a great year.
                          Wristen wont let last year sour his team at CSUP. Motivation for this year.
                          5 - 9 you could toss darts to pick em
                          Good Luck to the new coach at FLC.
                          Mines has a new coach, two tough games to start out the season. Last year Western took them to OT, where they barely escaped, and then they lost to Mesa. They had a great run through the playoffs. Matchota and Zeeman are going to want to go out on top and should provide great leadership on offense.

My homer rankings
                          1) Mines - last years champs, motivated after loss to Valdosta
                          2) Western - co champs, motivated to knock off Mines
                          3) Mesa - new coach
                          4) CSUP - typically in the mix
                          5) Chadron - Woodhead provides motivation played in the Superbowl and almost qualified for the US Open
                          6) SDM - Why not?
                          7) NMHU - A bit of an enigma, up and down for years
                          8) BHSU - Could be at 7
                          9) ASU - Lone win against Ft Lewis
                          10) FLC - Lots of work to do

Comment

With the news of a stadium renovation, Western will have to play home games on a soccer field. Not sure what attendance will be like. Might be a letdown year after their co-championship. Mines and Mesa both going into new head coaching tenures is kind of a question mark. I'm inclined to think Pueblo is on a downslide with their loss of donor support. Wristen won't be long for retirement either. They could be Fort Lewis in a couple years, but probably not 2022. Chadron has the potential to be the next Western, if they can shore up their O-line. They could also fall off the map completely if they don't.

Comment

With the news of a stadium renovation, Western will have to play home games on a soccer field. Not sure what attendance will be like. Might be a letdown year after their co-championship. Mines and Mesa both going into new head coaching tenures is kind of a question mark. I'm inclined to think Pueblo is on a downslide with their loss of donor support. Wristen won't be long for retirement either. They could be Fort Lewis in a couple years, but probably not 2022. Chadron has the potential to be the next Western, if they can shore up their O-line. They could also fall off the map completely if they don't.
                              Thanks for the update. I guess it's better that Western plays in Gunnison but what a drag. There's barely any seating at the Rady Field. Maybe they'll do something crazy and move the bleachers up the hill.

Comment

Samuel Clements might say that your opinion of CSUP's demise is greatly exaggerated.
                                Last edited by Lobo; 08-01-2022, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X