X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renovation of Mountaineer Bowl news

Big news!!

https://gomountaineers.com/news/2022...SKh4CYspxgTO_4

That is very good news - for not just Western but every team who visits. I had no idea that facility was still pretty much the same as when I was playing for CSM 1988-91. I assumed (incorrectly) some kind of renovation had happened in the 30+ years since. Better late than never, I suppose...

Comment

Bummer that artificial turf will replace the grass. I would assume the locker rooms would be built to the north behind the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by CSM alum 1993 View Post
        That is very good news - for not just Western but every team who visits. I had no idea that facility was still pretty much the same as when I was playing for CSM 1988-91. I assumed (incorrectly) some kind of renovation had happened in the 30+ years since. Better late than never, I suppose...
        They moved the away bleachers back and widened the track in 2008 to eight lanes, so it's different. I hope there's some pushback to artificial turf. There's plenty of water in the Gunnison valley to water it with snow melt from Crested Butte.

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
          Bummer that artificial turf will replace the grass. I would assume the locker rooms would be built to the north behind the scoreboard.
          Not a bummer at all. That field was awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Not a bummer at all. That field was awful.
            Its a fine field. Regulation, well watered, the works. Does Pueblo even have water with all their turf?

Comment

Its a fine field. Regulation, well watered, the works. Does Pueblo even have water with all their turf?
              The field is awful and about as nice as trying to play a college football game at a local park in Colorado in November.

"Does Pueblo even have water with all their turf"... I'm really not even sure what you're trying to say here. Also, I couldn't care any less about Pueblo at this point, you do realize that yeah? If you didn't, now you do. However, the entire state of Colorado really doesn't have water at this point, perhaps turf is the better idea.

Comment

Comment

I've actually seen studies that were the opposite that grass was safer for soccer and football players.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

The field is awful and about as nice as trying to play a college football game at a local park in Colorado in November.

"Does Pueblo even have water with all their turf"... I'm really not even sure what you're trying to say here. Also, I couldn't care any less about Pueblo at this point, you do realize that yeah? If you didn't, now you do. However, the entire state of Colorado really doesn't have water at this point, perhaps turf is the better idea.
                    I'd be pretty proud if my school had a National Title.
                    There's more water in Gunnison with snow melt than most places in the RMAC(maybe Durango). Granted that's changing with Lake Powell and Lake Mead demanding more. Anyways it's a drag to have a geology alum that's never played on the field be able to change one of the more iconic stadiums in the state with turf. It's not a better idea. It's selling out and ruining something already great with money.

Comment

I'd be pretty proud if my school had a National Title.
                      There's more water in Gunnison with snow melt than most places in the RMAC(maybe Durango). Granted that's changing with Lake Powell and Lake Mead demanding more. Anyways it's a drag to have a geology alum that's never played on the field be able to change one of the more iconic stadiums in the state with turf. It's not a better idea. It's selling out and ruining something already great with money.
                      Why would you be proud if you had nothing to do with it? I don't get that line of thinking. My ties to Pueblo athletics are gone. I'm proud of the degree I earned while there, not of something I had nothing to do with.

GOOD grass fields are plenty safe. Western's fields was not good and I'm not sure how one can honestly have seen a nice grass field and compare it to Western and think they're near the same. This isn't a slight to Western, it's just not a good field.

Comment

God was an update needed. I was shocked when we came out there, many highschool facilities are better. Good to know they realized it too

Comment

Surprising news. Barring an upset in Alamosa the partially completed Mountaineer Bowl will host a 1st round playoff game. The team has been practicing on the new field and ticket prices were unveiled today.

Comment

Surprising news. Barring an upset in Alamosa the partially completed Mountaineer Bowl will host a 1st round playoff game. The team has been practicing on the new field and ticket prices were unveiled today.
                            That is very good news. It would have been a travesty for the Mountaineers to have been forced to take the game elsewhere. Here's hoping the first game will be a win.

Comment

Looks great from what they put up on twitter. It will be great to unveil it for the playoffs.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X