Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BHSU QB

Looks like BHSU picked up an Oregon State transfer at QB this year. Currently completing 70%+ of his passes and also running around a little bit. Any Yellow Jackets folks here want to catch us up on this guy?

He was there last year and started @ Western. Good news that he's having a good start to the season.

Comment

I know that there were some split options of people close to the program on who the better quarterback was between the new starter Willard and Chance Eben. Just my humble opinion but Eben can't throw good enough to be successful running the offense they are running. He's a good athlete and won the job last year because of that. But they rarely used him in a QB run scheme that seemed to fit his skill set. I'm glad to see them go with a better passer. Look forward to the game this weekend! This is a game BH marks on their calendar every year.

Comment

Not making any picks this year because I always lose track of it halfway through the season, but I expect the CSC-BHSU game to be ugggggly. BH has turned the ball over four times and gotten five takeaways, while it's 7-1 for the Eagles.

Comment

That might help BHSU in some ways. I felt that last year Chadron was so much better than BH up front. I see maybe CSC lost a lot from last year but that still concerns me. I expect a closer game than last year but if CSC can control the LOS like they usually do against BH they will still win. BH will need some things to break their way and if they do maybe this is a year they can come a way with a W. I'm very cautiously optimistic at this point!

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post
            That might help BHSU in some ways. I felt that last year Chadron was so much better than BH up front. I see maybe CSC lost a lot from last year but that still concerns me. I expect a closer game than last year but if CSC can control the LOS like they usually do against BH they will still win. BH will need some things to break their way and if they do maybe this is a year they can come a way with a W. I'm very cautiously optimistic at this point!
            Agree it neutralizes any talent advantage CSC might have.

I don't profess to know who wins, but I'm thinking something like a 17-10 game with 2 TDs scored off turnovers and struggling offenses.

Comment

Chadron staff needs run out of town on a rail… quit hiring Chadron retreads and start over. Hiring Micah as the OC was just the final nail in the coffin for me. Embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by Eagles Fly View Post
                Chadron staff needs run out of town on a rail… quit hiring Chadron retreads and start over. Hiring Micah as the OC was just the final nail in the coffin for me. Embarrassing
                This sparks joy

Comment

Total dog crap offensively and their defense is worn out at the end of every game. I know you win some and lose some but they’ll be lucky to win a game the rest of the year.

Comment

I don't think you are giving BHSU enough credit. As I said before this isn't the BH with no scholarship money. Chadron had great teams in the past. However BHSU is an improved team as well.

Comment

I don't think you are giving BHSU enough credit. As I said before this isn't the BH with no scholarship money. Chadron had great teams in the past. However BHSU is an improved team as well.
                      Chadron hasn't had a great or even really that good of a team in several years, maybe back to 2012 or 2013 honestly. Chadron fans feel free to correct me but that is the last time I felt Chadron had a team capable of doing much.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Chadron hasn't had a great or even really that good of a team in several years, maybe back to 2012 or 2013 honestly. Chadron fans feel free to correct me but that is the last time I felt Chadron had a team capable of doing much.
                        Those are the teams I'm referring to.

Comment

And I'm also referring to the past CSC teams before that that were so dominant. They are definitely not what they were then now. But I think CSC fans think BHSU is the same team they were in the 90s and a loss to them is the absolute end of the world. I expect these games are going to continue to be closer year in year out because a lot of the advantages CSC used to have aren't there anymore.

Comment

And I'm also referring to the past CSC teams before that that were so dominant. They are definitely not what they were then now. But I think CSC fans think BHSU is the same team they were in the 90s and a loss to them is the absolute end of the world. I expect these games are going to continue to be closer year in year out because a lot of the advantages CSC used to have aren't there anymore.
                            I don't really think this way. I did have the attitude that until BHSU beats Chadron, they will be below Chadron. Now, that they beat Chadron, I consider the dam broken. Chadron will be hard pressed to beat BHSU in years going forward. BHSU is probably an easier place to recruit and, will have only one direction to go..... up, and could be on a path to national relevance just like its basketball program.

Comment

And as for the title of this thread, BHSU's qb, I was impressed. Other than an early interception, he threw the ball well. Hit many players in stride to get yac. He also had some downfield throws in tight coverage and a touchdown pass in nice coverage. Pretty good qb. Also, BHSU was something like 11/16 on 3rd downs. You don't have that kind of success on 3rd down unless your qb is throwing good balls.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X