Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post
    And as for the title of this thread, BHSU's qb, I was impressed. Other than an early interception, he threw the ball well. Hit many players in stride to get yac. He also had some downfield throws in tight coverage and a touchdown pass in nice coverage. Pretty good qb. Also, BHSU was something like 11/16 on 3rd downs. You don't have that kind of success on 3rd down unless your qb is throwing good balls.
    Agreed. From what I saw lots of those plays CSCs DBs were right there and it was more a better play by the WR and well placed ball than it was CSCs DBs not in a position to play the ball. BH WRs made some great plays in third quarter that really helped.

Comment

In a battle of the unbeatens, SDM-BHSU was a classic RMAC battle. BHSU absolutely asserts its will late in the fourth quarter. Up 7, SDM driving, BHSU intercepts a Hardrocker pass and returns it 50 or so yards to the SDM 8. Rushes 2, 3, 3 yards. TD. Hardrockers score a late TD against a prevent defense with 30 seconds to go, but no luck on the onside kick. Game over.

Comment

Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
        In a battle of the unbeatens, SDM-BHSU was a classic RMAC battle. BHSU absolutely asserts its will late in the fourth quarter. Up 7, SDM driving, BHSU intercepts a Hardrocker pass and returns it 50 or so yards to the SDM 8. Rushes 2, 3, 3 yards. TD. Hardrockers score a late TD against a prevent defense with 30 seconds to go, but no luck on the onside kick. Game over.
        Eben was efficient at QB but not dominant. This was a defensive game. 2 INT by the Yellow Jackets for 66 return yds was the difference. One turned into a TD, the other was at the BHSU 1.

Comment

Not taking anything away from SD Mines at all with this comment. But the first TD for mines was after a muffed punt on the 12. They score but BHSU keeps fighting and made many great plays defensively throughout the game. You take that score away and the SD mines offense didn't really do much until the second half. BH defenders really fly around, play fast and I don't see them missing many tackles. SD Mines QB in his own right is a dang good player dual threat and made plenty of good plays. Mines took plenty of deep shots but didn't connect on most of them. They found success across the middle and have guys that can make plays after the catch.

Eben made some good plays but also I thought was slow to react and took some sacks. I felt like there were a few missed chances but he made some very solid key throws when needed! Again it's so valuable having 2 QBs with as much experience as BH does.

For what it's worth Willard has been in street clothes the last two weeks. He did get banged up against CSC.

First 5 and 0 start for BHSU since 1951.
          ​​​​
          ​​​​​
          Last edited by BHer; 10-02-2022, 07:43 AM. Reason: Changed date from 1956 to 1951. As the schools website said 1951.

Comment

Originally posted by BHer View Post

Not taking anything away from SD Mines at all with this comment. But the first TD for mines was after a muffed punt on the 12. They score but BHSU keeps fighting and made many great plays defensively throughout the game. You take that score away and the SD mines offense didn't really do much until the second half. BH defenders really fly around, play fast and I don't see them missing many tackles. SD Mines QB in his own right is a dang good player dual threat and made plenty of good plays. Mines took plenty of deep shots but didn't connect on most of them. They found success across the middle and have guys that can make plays after the catch.

Eben made some good plays but also I thought was slow to react and took some sacks. I felt like there were a few missed chances but he made some very solid key throws when needed! Again it's so valuable having 2 QBs with as much experience as BH does.

For what it's worth Willard has been in street clothes the last two weeks. He did get banged up against CSC.

First 5 and 0 start for BHSU since be 1956 I was told.
            Bring on Western an then Colorado Mines

Comment

Bring on Western an then Colorado Mines
              Those will be true tests for sure. I am not counting out any game on the schedule though. We are very proud of the improvement we are seeing in Spearfish at this point!

Comment

Black Hills has been the surprise so far this year. Rivalry games are always hard fought! Big tests are still to come.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X