Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RMAC Pickem Week 7

Here are the games for week 7. With some great OOC games this week we'll have 3 bonus games. It will also give a chance to mix up the standings a bit more.

Colorado Mines @ South Dakota Mines
    Adams State @ Chadron State
    Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
    Western Colorado @ Black Hills
    Fort Lewis@Mesa

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris RMAC Connection: Some on this forum think Grand Valley won the RMAC this year.
    Wayne State @ Augustana RMAC Connection: The performance of these teams down the stretch may impact the number or RMAC teams in the Playoffs
    Benedict @ Albany State RMAC Connection: Benedict College sounds like Benedictine College which is in Kansas. Kansas Borders two states with RMAC teams.

• RMAC Pickem Week 7

COLORADO MINES @ South Dakota Mines
      Adams State @ CHADRON STATE
      Highlands @ CSU-PUEBLO
      WESTERN COLORADO @ Black Hills
      Fort Lewis @ COLORADO MESA

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ FERRIS STATE
      Wayne State @ AUGUSTANA
      Benedict @ ALBANY STATE

Comment

Colorado Mines
      Chadron State
      CSU Pueblo
      Western Colorado
      Mesa

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley- Some on this forum think Grand Valley won the RMAC this year. They would crush the RMAC’s best most years
      Augustana
      Albany State

Comment

Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
        Fort Lewis @ Mesa

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris
        Wayne State @ Augustana
        Benedict @ Albany State

Comment

Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
          Fort Lewis @ Mesa

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris
          Wayne State @ Augustana
          Benedict @ Albany State

Comment

Colorado Mines @ South Dakota Mines SD look like Colorado was about a decade ago - big offense & suspect defense. If you can slow the offense it's pretty straightforward. Colorado has a defense, while still having an offense. That will play out this week. 41-24

Adams State @ Chadron State Chadron finally got the monkey off their back by beating Durango high school. I think this is another game where Adams shows fight, but just hasn't figured out how to use effort to get over the hump. 31-21

Highlands @ CSU Pueblo As shocking as this is to admit, this was the hardest game for me to pick this week. I don't have a lot of belief in either of these teams. I want to pick NMHU, but just can't pull the trigger. Pueblo - 34-32

Western Colorado @ Black Hills Both teams coming off of their first conference losses on the season. Western likely removed itself from any remote playoff discussion, Black Hills still likely controls its destiny in that conversation. That and being back home leads me to their win. 35-24

Fort Lewis @ Mesa Mesa gets its turn at the "get healthy buffet". 52-6

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris To be the best you have to beat the best. Check that box for Grand Valley. 30-24.
            Wayne State @ Augustana Augie's offense has been very consistent, between 21-31 points every game. Wayne State has scored 40+ three times. I just think they have more fire power. 38-27

Benedict @ Albany State Basically a blind pick, there just isn't a lot of info that I readily found... Both really good teams, the only loss was a very respectable FCS loss by Albany. My coin toss says Albany gets a second close loss 44-41.

RMAC Connection: Benedict College sounds like Benedictine College which is in Kansas. Kansas Borders two states with RMAC teams.
            **Next week's RMAC Connection: These schools in Florida and Oregon are in the Unites States, all schools in the RMAC are in the United States... lol

Comment

Colorado Mines @ South Dakota Mines- Biggest RMAC game for the Hardrockers so far in their RMAC history. Should be a game full of explosive plays just like a dangerous day at a mine. 45-42 Tech.
              Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
              Western Colorado @ Black Hills- Two conference losses will end playoff hopes for the loser. Looking for WCU to run the ball effectively like last year's >400 yard output on the Yellow Jackets.
              Fort Lewis @Mesa- Miles Kochevar will get his first RMAC win.
              Bonus
              Grand Valley @ Ferris State
              Wayne State @ Augustana
              Benedict @ Albany State

Comment

Originally posted by mountaineermagic View Post
                Colorado Mines @ South Dakota Mines- Biggest RMAC game for the Hardrockers so far in their RMAC history. Should be a game full of explosive plays just like a dangerous day at a mine. 45-42 Tech.
                Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
                Western Colorado @ Black Hills- Two conference losses will end playoff hopes for the loser. Looking for WCU to run the ball effectively like last year's >400 yard output on the Yellow Jackets.
                Fort Lewis @Mesa- Miles Kochevar will get his first RMAC win.
                Bonus
                Grand Valley @ Ferris State
                Wayne State @ Augustana
                Benedict @ Albany State
                I'm with you on the Mines game. This has the classic feel of a trap game for CSM. CSM made a habit, especially early on, of just committing PI against good receivers on deep routes so which defense shows up? If CSM has corrected their early mistakes I don't know if SDSM can hang but I just have a bad feeling about it.

On the Black Hills/Western Game, I'm not so sure. I think it's possible a second RMAC team gets in with 2 total, but not 3, losses. Additionally, Western has head to head losses to WTAMU and SDSM which will be competing for that same playoff spot. In that regard I think Western is done but with a loss BHSU would put themselves in a situation where they have to go into Golden and win. That can't be appetizing. That's why I took BHSU. Should be a good game though.
                Last edited by GoneBlastin; 10-12-2022, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
                  Fort Lewis @ Mesa
                  Grand Valley @ Ferris
                  Wayne State @ Augustana
                  Benedict @ Albany State

Comment

Colorado Mines @ South Dakota Mines CSM rolls nicely.
                    Adams State @ Chadron State I can't believe I chose A ams.
                    Highlands @ CSU Pueblo Still not sold on Pueblo. HIghlands just might pull this one out.
                    Western Colorado @ Black Hills BHSU is gonna be pissed after losing to Highlands, but they are at home.
                    Fort Lewis @ Mesa Poor Ft. Lewis, but if Mesa loses.................

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris Ferris looked like they might have been looking ahead to this game last week. GV pulls this one out.
                    Wayne State @ Augustana Agggies at home.
                    Benedict @ Albany State Albany State at home also.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post
                      Here are the games for week 7. With some great OOC games this week we'll have 3 bonus games. It will also give a chance to mix up the standings a bit more.

Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
                      Fort Lewis@Mesa

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris RMAC Connection: Some on this forum think Grand Valley won the RMAC this year.
                      Wayne State @ Augustana RMAC Connection: The performance of these teams down the stretch may impact the number or RMAC teams in the Playoffs
                      Benedict @ Albany State RMAC Connection: Benedict College sounds like Benedictine College which is in Kansas. Kansas Borders two states with RMAC teams.
                      Wayne was also in the RMAC for the last year the RMAC was an NAIA conference - 1989-90

Comment

Not picking, but just wanted to say this might be the best week of the season for watching football.

Comment

Colorado Mines 31 @ South Dakota Mines 24
                          Adams State 27 @ Chadron State 17
                          Highlands 27 @ CSU-Pueblo 31
                          Western Colorado 35 @ Black Hills 28
                          Fort Lewis 10 @ Colorado Mesa 38

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley 20 @ Ferris State 24
                          Wayne State 20 @ Augustana 30
                          Benedict 30 @ Albany State 28

Comment

Originally posted by GoneBlastin View Post

I'm with you on the Mines game. This has the classic feel of a trap game for CSM. CSM made a habit, especially early on, of just committing PI against good receivers on deep routes so which defense shows up? If CSM has corrected their early mistakes I don't know if SDSM can hang but I just have a bad feeling about it.

On the Black Hills/Western Game, I'm not so sure. I think it's possible a second RMAC team gets in with 2 total, but not 3, losses. Additionally, Western has head to head losses to WTAMU and SDSM which will be competing for that same playoff spot. In that regard I think Western is done but with a loss BHSU would put themselves in a situation where they have to go into Golden and win. That can't be appetizing. That's why I took BHSU. Should be a good game though.
                            Rapid City looks like a difficult place to play on the road and the Hardrockers were more balanced than I thought. Their execution with the RPO @ Western was eye opening. Corny to say but it felt like the plot of Rocky IV watching them shred the Mountaineers on homecoming.

Comment

Colorado Mines @ South Dakota Mines This should be an exciting shootout affair. Looking forward to the QB battle and Matocha showing why he is the true king of the RMAC

Could be close, but Chadron is slightly less stinky

Highlands @ CSU Pueblo
                              Timberwolves pull this one out

Western rolls and BHSU starts to stumble

Fort Lewis @ Mesa
                              Mesa is doo doo but still gonna win by at least 50 :(

Bonus Games:

Grand Valley @ Ferris
                              Toss up game but Ferris eeks out a victory

Wayne State @ Augustana
                              Augustana has a definitive victory en route to a strong SR4 playoff run

Benedict @ Albany State
                              Don't know much. Will be close

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X